CHI - NSH

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Re: CHI - NSH

Post by DApolloS »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:22 pm
DApolloS wroteCOLON Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:02 pm
Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:24 pm If any current gm wants me to leave let me know privately.
You are not the problem. Nobody would ask you to leave over this.
Second this. We've all made suspect trades - this may take the cake wrt to this league since I've joined... but nonetheless, you're entitled tto your own opinion and valuation. Wish I made a move similar to this with Nolan Patrick when I had the chance but I was too stubborn.
In the future, if you want a second opinion on valuations, always happy to comment.
And Trade blocks. Post a Trade Block to see what others might give up for those pieces if you need something specific.
TheNudge
PostsCOLON 290
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by TheNudge »

Booboo (hawks) wroteCOLON Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:24 pm If any current gm wants me to leave let me know privately.
I also agree with this statement. Why would anyone want Booboo to leave over a horrendous deal? I do think having we should implement a voting system once a deal gets more then two vetoes from their peers. Once that happens then we have a time frame like 48 hours to vote on such deals. The majority wins once the 48 hours have passed. Just a suggestion!!
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

TheNudge wroteCOLON Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:28 pm
I also agree with this statement. Why would anyone want Booboo to leave over a horrendous deal? I do think having we should implement a voting system once a deal gets more then two vetoes from their peers. Once that happens then we have a time frame like 48 hours to vote on such deals. The majority wins once the 48 hours have passed. Just a suggestion!!
Ridiculous I'll quit if we start with this garbage
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
TheNudge
PostsCOLON 290
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by TheNudge »

Matthew wroteCOLON Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:29 pm
TheNudge wroteCOLON Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:28 pm
Ridiculous I'll quit if we start with this garbage
Calm down, it was just a suggestion, one that won’t get any traction. Am-I allowed to have a suggestion ? All I’m saying if there was a deal to veto would be this one. I understand it won’t happen which I’m perfectly fine with it. Hopefully Booboo comes out with a quality starter, Gl Sir.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

For the life of me I couldn't find the thread for the Mike Smith deal I made with Matthew...but finally found it. I couldn't remember what exactly I gave up for him. I just remember it involved a 1st round pick.

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?t=12481

The deal was done post-draft in 2015 so the pick I give up was my 2017 1st. A tremendous gamble at the time...but like Booboo...I needed a goalie and had to choke the healthy price tag. The crazy thing is that pick eventually becomes the #2 overall but that's in the Hischier-Nolan Patrick draft. I don't want to say I dodged a bullet since Patrick's career never reached it's peak potential but it easily could've backfired in a big way. I made that trade hoping I wouldn't be in a position to finish that high in the draft order two seasons later.

Oddly enough, Luukkonen was selected in the 2017 late in the 1st round by Mike (TOR)...to bring this full-circle.

The Bryzgalov deal I made was also referenced in that thread...the two picks involved there eventually became Nikita Scherbak and Jack Roslovic. Bryzgalov was very close to the end of his NHL career so I didn't get a lot of return in that exchange.

Why am I bringing this up, spending a lot on a goalie...while not a popular choice...is something that has happened in the past. I was much more comfortable giving up what I gave up to get Cam Talbot recently compared to previous goalie buying experiences. Having to trade for a goalie is my least favorite thing to do in this league. If I ever find a stable starter, I'm not letting them go.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:32 pm For the life of me I couldn't find the thread for the Mike Smith deal I made with Matthew...but finally found it. I couldn't remember what exactly I gave up for him. I just remember it involved a 1st round pick.

The deal was done post-draft in 2015 so the pick I give up was my 2017 1st. A tremendous gamble at the time...but like Booboo...I needed a goalie and had to choke the healthy price tag. The crazy thing is that pick eventually becomes the #2 overall but that's in the Hischier-Nolan Patrick draft. I don't want to say I dodged a bullet since Patrick's career never reached it's peak potential but it easily could've backfired in a big way. I made that trade hoping I wouldn't be in a position to finish that high in the draft order two seasons later.

Oddly enough, Luukkonen was selected in the 2017 late in the 1st round by Mike (TOR)...to bring this full-circle.

The Bryzgalov deal I made was also referenced in that thread...the two picks involved there eventually became Nikita Scherbak and Jack Roslovic. Bryzgalov was very close to the end of his NHL career so I didn't get a lot of return in that exchange.

Why am I bringing this up, spending a lot on a goalie...while not a popular choice...is something that has happened in the past. I was much more comfortable giving up what I gave up to get Cam Talbot recently compared to previous goalie buying experiences. Having to trade for a goalie is my least favorite thing to do in this league. If I ever find a stable starter, I'm not letting them go.
HandsomeMike was refusing to trade his pick at #1 to Steve and was set on taking Nolan Patrick. You would have ended up at #2 with Nico Hischier. I traded #2 to Steve for Barkov. Hischier has turned out to be a good bbkler.

Who would have thought Mike Smith would still be in the league 8 years later!

I also ended up "winning" the 3rd spot in the lottery with my own ana 1st that was #11 that year, I believe. But I missed gp by 1 or 2 skater gp and thus didn't get to have #2 and #3 picks. I was planning on taking Elias Petterson with the #3 pick. Ended up getting Makar at #10. I prefer Makar so sometimes things work out for the best.
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:36 pm
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:32 pm For the life of me I couldn't find the thread for the Mike Smith deal I made with Matthew...but finally found it. I couldn't remember what exactly I gave up for him. I just remember it involved a 1st round pick.

HandsomeMike was refusing to trade his pick at #1 to Steve and was set on taking Nolan Patrick. You would have ended up at #2 with Nico Hischier. I traded #2 to Steve for Barkov. Hischier has turned out to be a good bbkler.

I also ended up "winning" the 3rd spot in the lottery with my own ana 1st that was #11 that year, I believe. But I missed gp by 1 or 2 skater gp and thus didn't get to have #2 and #3 picks. I was planning on taking Elias Petterson with the #3 pick. Ended up getting Makar at #10. I prefer Makar so sometimes things work out for the best.
HandsomeMike may be handsome, but he's not so bright.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Welchie5 wroteCOLON Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:52 am

I preferred Patrick to hischier at the time too so I'm not one to talk
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

In fairness, a lot what has hurt is his career is injury-related. He's played 77 games in the last 4 years and missed two years entirely. This is the bad luck that you can run into a prospect that seems "can't miss". But also some guys might be slow to adjust to the NHL game. They aren't all instant superstars and you can find production in different spots in the draft.

This is partly why I don't just buy the idea that Mik's side of the deal is a slam dunk. It looks promising for him with the two assets he acquired but nothing is a guarantee.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

It's a slam dunk today because what Kyuss gave us has far less value than what he received. In 5 years anything could look different, that we can all agree on. It's the likely hood that makes this trade very lopsided. Booboo needs to make a lot more moves to ensure this does not look awful come next year's draft. It's also loaded in the top 5, maybe even top 10 again.
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:25 am

As I was too, but couldn't resist the opportunity to chirp Mike
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Welchie5 wroteCOLON Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:21 pm
Matthew wroteCOLON Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:25 am

As I was too, but couldn't resist the opportunity to chirp Mike
Heh yah he could have had barkov!
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

If I recall correctly I did swap 1 for 2 with Steve for 2nd + shipachyov and then swapped shipachyov to CAR for two 1sts (if we want to remember bad trades Kimmer).

But you’re right Matthew. You did offer me barkov for Patrick at number 2. Shoulda done it!

And frig I loved Makar but my noviceness made me take glass given he was a C and I liked him and his story a lot too. At least he is finally playing. But my team woulda had a whole different trajectory if I did better in that draft!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

I missed this trade when it happened but saw it on the trade history on Fantrax just now when going through it and I have no idea how this came to be...

wtf?
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

This was the first official trade of this offseason but it definitely got its fair share of criticism and opinions. It'll be a very memorable deal given the feedback and it's the last trade made on this forum before we moved over to ProBoards.

Now that we have 32 GMs and the new forum is active...no more league business should happen here. This will stay open as long as the domain is being paid for. I'll be in the process of archiving/recording our history from here.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Shep wroteCOLON Wed May 17, 2023 8:49 pm I missed this trade when it happened but saw it on the trade history on Fantrax just now when going through it and I have no idea how this came to be...

wtf?
Join the club
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

After the dust settled, some facts emerged that are making most comments look silly.
The 25-year-old Luukkonen has taken hold of Buffalo’s starting job despite lofty preseason expectations surrounding rookie goalie Devon Levi, who’s currently playing for Rochester in the American Hockey League. Levi...had mixed results in 20 NHL games this season, going 9-7-2 with an .891 SV%.

Goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, fresh off his fifth shutout of the season (tied for third in NHL), ranks among the NHL’s top 10 in both high-danger save percentage (.835; sixth) and mid-range SV% (.910; tied for seventh). Since Dec. 30, “UPL” is 16-8-1 (tied for third in wins over span) with a .931 save percentage (tied for NHL’s best) and four shutouts (most in League) in 25 games.
Meanwhile Wright is in the AHL and 23-yrs-old Dorofeyev is a middle-six regular on the Stanley Cup champion team, with 16 goals in his last 50 NHL games.

Barring lottery luck, Chicago pick is not close to being top 5, in an average-looking draft.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to