BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: College Hockey talk

Post by Shoalzie »

Quinnipiac was the better team last night. The more experience on the ice and behind the bench showed through...they pulled it out in the third period. For a team that wants to play defensive style, the Bobcats still play with pace and they've got a fair amount of speed on that team. I don't see them play much during the season...I was impressed by them last night.

If Luke Hughes was under the weather as it was being reported behind during the game, that's unfortunate. He didn't seem like his normal self. Seamus Casey was awesome last night...scored a Darren McCarty in the '97 Finals level goal.

Hoping there's a good number of players coming back next year. Hughes is likely a goner. I wouldn't blame Fantili for going pro after the draft but it would cool to get one more year from him...the proverbial "unfinished business" at Michigan. It's a very young team with a first year coach but I'm glad Naurato has brought some stability to the program after the messy Mel Pearson era.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Agreed. Portillo struggled at some inopportune times. Fantilli looked so good. His goal was a beauty and he could have had one or two more. But the Quinnipiac team was solid and the bottom six for Michigan was mostly ineffective against them. I'm disappointed we don't get the Big10 rematch, but it will be fun to see what the Bobcats can do to stop the NHL top line that Minnesota will throw against them.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I feel a bit vindicated about the loss on Thursday with the Bobcats pulling it out last night. Quinnipiac was on that short list of best programs to not have a national title. Heck of a run to take out two of the NCAA bluebloods in the Frozen Four who also happened to be the two highest scoring teams this season. Plus they ran through 3 straight Big Ten teams overall to win the title.

No team from the current Big Ten conference has won a title since it formed for the 2014 season. Michigan State from '07 is the most recent program in the conference win a title but that was the old CCHA days. Back to the 90s, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan State have titles while in their old conferences. We're in the era of the big name programs getting the best talent but those guys stay around for more a year or two before going pro.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:50 am I feel a bit vindicated about the loss on Thursday with the Bobcats pulling it out last night. Quinnipiac was on that short list of best programs to not have a national title. Heck of a run to take out two of the NCAA bluebloods in the Frozen Four who also happened to be the two highest scoring teams this season. Plus they ran through 3 straight Big Ten teams overall to win the title.

No team from the current Big Ten conference has won a title since it formed for the 2014 season. Michigan State from '07 is the most recent program in the conference win a title but that was the old CCHA days. Back to the 90s, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan State have titles while in their old conferences. We're in the era of the big name programs getting the best talent but those guys stay around for more a year or two before going pro.
Just watched the highlights of the game - what a final five minutes. A lot of talent out there.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to