Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

CHL Talk

Post by Shoalzie »

I've gotten more into following the CHL since I've been in deep prospect leagues like this but I'm finally taking an interest in following the local teams here. Michael Misa will be in Saginaw starting next year. The Firebirds took Game 1 over Windsor last night.

I'm taking my wife and son to Game 4 in Flint on Friday. That'll be my first time attending any kind of major junior hockey game.

Who does everyone follow or do they attend games for their local team? How is it attending a CHL playoff compared to an NHL playoff game? Obviously different sized arena I have to imagine it's a fun atmosphere. The Firebirds haven't been this far before.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: CHL Talk

Post by Monk »

I follow the Giants, about 30 minute drive for me. The atmosphere is wicked, way more fun watching a juniors game as opposed to going to see the Nucks (where the atmosphere is slightly louder than a library, its brutal). The smaller arena can actually be better with a rowdy crowd the noise carries throughout and feels more like you're on top of the game almost. I've taken my daughter to a few juniors games last couple seasons and we always have fun, it is very inclusive especially for kids because that's one of their main target audiences.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Nice comeback win for the Firebirds last night...up 2-1 heading into Friday night.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Other than not seeing the Firebirds win...a pretty good family experience last night. We sat second row so we were right near the action. No doubt the highlight of our night was a guy from the ice crew flipping us a puck during the second intermission. Bren loved looking at his puck the rest of the night. He wanted to play mini sticks with it in the morning but that doesn't work so good on carpet and plastic sticks.

No matter who wins this series...is anyone going to beat Hamilton?
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Oil Kings (Guenther), Hamilton, and Sherbrooke (Roy) look like excellent teams. Host team probably not very good... 1st round exit Q team looks like an easy W in the mem cup.

My picks - mostly biased picks though haha.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Excited for the CHL playoffs to start up tomorrow. Local interest in the I-75 battle of the Firebirds and the Spirit.

I guess the pandemic has screwed things up so much...I kept thinking this started later. I guess we're finally back on a normal timeline? The U18 tournament is in a few weeks...a lot of good prospect stuff to follow to go along with the Frozen Four next weekend.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Okay my Canadian friends...tell me about the live Memorial Cup experience. The 2024 tournament will be a couple hours away in Saginaw. How hard is it to get tickets? Is it worth attending?
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:12 am Okay my Canadian friends...tell me about the live Memorial Cup experience. The 2024 tournament will be a couple hours away in Saginaw. How hard is it to get tickets? Is it worth attending?

Been to several games in Saginaw. Great little city, really awesome fans. It is 100% worth attending. It will 100% sell out every game. If you could get tickets, its worth it. I will be there if I could get the time off.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Damn, the mighty Windsor Spitfires are down 3-0.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to