JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Offseason Plans (Sheets, etc.)

Post by Shoalzie »

(Temporary) Offseason Sheets:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

= = = = =

With the draft wrapped up, I've still got a little more to work out with getting the 2022-23 sheets ready for release. What I'll probably do is put out another temporary sheet you can use for the first part of this offseason. I want to get more caught up on contract information before I make that available. I'm thinking after the first week of free agency has played out (middle of July).

I'd like to have the new sheets for next season ready some time in August. It's basically the same sheets as last season with some functional improvements. I also want to develop a mobile-friendly version (with checkboxes).

When I release the new sheets for the season, I'd also like to test drive a streaming/webcast of the release. I want to do a short video explaining how everything works and that way I hopefully answer all your questions then and it would be something you can reference later. It would be a video you can always reference on your own time.

I've thrown this out to the CC prior to the draft...I'd like to try doing some kind of video conference/webchat element as an additional way for us to interact. It's not meant to be something professional but I see enough streamers out there that produce content and figured we can give it a go. Plus, I've mentioned to the CC about doing periodical meetings where we'd release those conversations to the rest of the league so everyone knows what's being discussed or worked out.

Also, we'll be looking for any volunteers who would like to be part of the CC and that group will be under going some changes this offseason.

More details to come as we move along this summer...
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Offseason Plans (Sheets, etc.)

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll shoot for this weekend to have the (temporary) offseason sheets for you guys to use.

I've got a fair amount of work to do with contracts to update this week. Obviously there's going to be a lot of activity starting Wednesday. I'll get a lot of the major transactions addressed before I worry about depth/AHL players. I have all the new draft picks in the database and your rosters are pretty much where they need to be.

Keeping your rosters and draft picks updated on my end is going to be a lot easier after I made some improvements on how I do this.

I see Arizona claimed a lot of their picks on Fantrax. Please make it a point to add all your draftees on Fantrax (if they're available).
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Over the weekend I've started updating contracts and salaries and team assignments. There's a couple bugs in my database I want to correct before I hand out those offseason sheets. You will get access to those sheets this week, I'll keep you updated.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

You’re the man Scott!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

You’re so amazing. Just thought you should know this.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Kyle, I will definitely get you a mobile-version of this year's sheet.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONKyle, I will definitely get you a mobile-version of this year's sheet.
Thank you so much :))!!!!
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONKyle, I will definitely get you a mobile-version of this year's sheet.
The sheets were mobile friendly past year. I didn't have issues othe than slow load times.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

When I say mobile-friendly, I had an alternate version where you'd just select the player with a check box. It didn't involve data entry...typing in the names.

I found data entry on a phone or a tablet to be clunky and inefficient. I use data validation so you type parts of a name to bring up "suggested names" to hopefully reduce the amount of typing.

To just check a box next to names and those names would populate your lineup...just seemed much easier to point to with your finger or with a stylus. I'm decent at typing on the phone but I'd rather type on my laptop.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Ah. I see.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

looks awesome
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I got the bugs sorted out with my database. I recently increased my sheets by 1000 rows to accommodate the newest draftees. I do that every few years since there's always 250 or more new players added to the league. I had several sheets to correct so the information will populate.

I've continued to update contracts over the weekend. Most of the big signings from this summer are entered. I should have players on their new teams. If a player doesn't have their salary yet, they'll appear as "Signed" so you can plug them into your lineup and you should a pretty good idea of how many contracts you currently have.

Our rosters should be just about fully updated and include all the draftees. I just need to update it from this past weekend.

Two areas I want address the first part of this week:

1. I need to enter the salaries from the contract extensions signed during this past season. I don't usually update those until the season is complete.

2. I need to finish adding the birthdates of the recent draftees. Currently none of the new ELCs from the 2021 and 2022 drafts will appear as sliding contracts. This will affect your contract count.

The offseason sheets will be handed out the middle of this week after I get my two action items addressed.

The balance of the salaries should be done in the week or two. Then, the next order of business will be finalizing the sheets for the season. Those will be released in August.
Booboo (hawks)
PostsCOLON 71
JoinedCOLON Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Booboo (hawks) »

Where are these sheets? Only one I’ve found are the google sheets and that just basically shows my teams weekly lineup and picks
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Shoalzie, I have all of the draftees and birthdates in excel if that would help you. I can send them to.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Birthdates are in...that way you guys can see who are you sliding contracts and every player has a waiver status.

Here's the sheet...

I'll put the link in the opening post also. This is the same sheet we used last offseason...same design from a couple years ago. It has the updated cap ceiling and floor.

You'll have editing rights to your tab. Anyone who joined in the last year, I'll need an e-mail address to share this to and I'll set you up with editing rights to your sheet.

Salaries that I don't have entered will appear as blank but you can at least put them in your lineup. I'll be updating salaries daily.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I took my car in for service this morning and I updated 90 or so contracts while I was waiting.

Please let me know if you have issues getting into your sheet. Essentially every GM (as of last year) has editing rights to the book but the only sheet you can actually edit is your team sheet.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Good way to close out the month...finally caught up on the standard contracts (that I know). Last big group to address over the upcoming week is the entry level deals.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Some dates to be aware of:

Waiver Draft: Monday, September 19
Roster Submission: Tuesday, October 4 at 10:00 p.m.
Waiver Wire Opens: Wednesday, October 5 at noon

I'm aiming towards having the 2022-23 sheets ready around the time of the waiver draft. Contracts are pretty much up-to-date on my database. Just a few tweaks to make to last year's sheets and then I want to test them out.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll get the waiver draft stuff posted this weekend and I'll move closer to having sheets ready. Couldn't get a lot accomplished this past holiday weekend.

Please pay attention to how many contracts and players you're currently carrying. Even if you aren't using those temporary offseason sheets (link in the opening post of the thread), it'll at least give you an idea of the size of your roster.

You need your roster down to 50 contracts and 90 players by October 4...less than a month away. Following the waiver draft, you can't make any additional free agent claims if you're at or over 50 contracts.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The modifications I've wanted to make to last year's sheets are pretty much wrapped up. I'll need to make a few changes to make the mobile-version (with checkboxes) work.

There's going to be a couple of additional pages I'll add to the sheets during the season but I can do that when those are ready. Those are basic information pages. For the most part, I'll be able to hand these out at some point this next week. The mobile version shouldn't be too far behind.

If you have any immediate concerns about your roster heading into the waiver draft, you can view the offseason sheet that I created:
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to