NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Robin Hood »

I can't stand any of them. Franson, Ranger, even Gardiner. We suck in our own end.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

And yet you send me offers day after day on Ranger, then have a hissy fit when I won't sell him for magic beans.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Lee wroteCOLONAnd yet you send me offers day after day on Ranger, then have a hissy fit when I won't sell him for magic beans.
Dude. Can you stop with the BBKL nonsense? I come on here to talk hockey more than self-promotion for my BBKL players. Please keep your agenda to yourself.

Also - I haven't made an offer on Ranger in months. Do I really have to post these two links again?

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1088 ... er#p172330

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1074 ... er#p168469

Just stop with your Ranger nonsense. No one cares that you own him. Or that you think he has gotten an unfair shake on BBKL. Some of us like to talk about the Leafs objectively regardless of what it means for our BBKL teams.
Last edited by 1 on Robin Hood, edited 0 times in total.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

SuperMario wroteCOLONI can't stand any of them. Franson, Ranger, even Gardiner. We suck in our own end.
Gardiner has flashes of "solid play-ness" but hasn't been great this year. I was really hoping we'd move him in a package for a guy like Edler, Ehroff, etc...

Franson is super inconsistant. He's either one of our best players or one of our worst players.

Ranger has at least progressing in the right direction. He seems to be getting better as the year goes on, but at this point is no more than a 7th dman.

Our 3 consistant dman continue to be: Phaneuf, Rielly, Gleason.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLONI can't stand any of them. Franson, Ranger, even Gardiner. We suck in our own end.
Gardiner has flashes of "solid play-ness" but hasn't been great this year. I was really hoping we'd move him in a package for a guy like Edler, Ehroff, etc...

Franson is super inconsistant. He's either one of our best players or one of our worst players.

Ranger has at least progressing in the right direction. He seems to be getting better as the year goes on, but at this point is no more than a 7th dman.

Our 3 consistant dman continue to be: Phaneuf, Rielly, Gleason.
Ya people talk about how we shouldn't give up on Gardiner this early. Personally, I see his hockey IQ not being up to par. He skates well and all but I don't think he thinks the game well enough. I'd definitely be open to moving him for a guy like Giordano and even add a 3rd or something.

Franson is night and day. Beyond just the inconsistency, he is too soft for me. When he goes into a corner, I have no confidence that he will come out with the puck. Only Phaneuf, Gunnar and Gleason are able to successfully do that for our team. That is why there are "fire-drills" in our zone so often. Gardiner, Rielly, Ranger and Franson cannot win a battle to retrieve the puck. So Carlyle has them chip it up the boards in order to get it out of the zone. But then they either A) give it away before it gets out of the zone B) ice the puck or C) don't get it out deep enough for a change, and on comes another wave. There is just a lack of competency to retrieve the puck.

Ranger - yes he's been better than he was earlier in the season. But I don't really think that's enough. He is still at BEST a #6-7 d-man and he makes a lot of errors. Too many mistakes that I can't stand. With Gardiner, I have this "development" to comfort me but with Ranger, there is no upside. If he is on our team next year, I'll be pretty upset.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Franson and rielly shud work on nothing but the art of cycling. If we r gonna be with these guys for foreseeable future they gotta stick to a certain role. We certainly arent relying on franson to win boards game so lets make use of him elitely in one category. I already like riellys cycling he cud improve tho
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

SuperMario wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONAnd yet you send me offers day after day on Ranger, then have a hissy fit when I won't sell him for magic beans.
Dude. Can you stop with the BBKL nonsense? I come on here to talk hockey more than self-promotion for my BBKL players. Please keep your agenda to yourself.

Also - I haven't made an offer on Ranger in months. Do I really have to post these two links again?

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1088 ... er#p172330

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1074 ... er#p168469

Just stop with your Ranger nonsense. No one cares that you own him. Or that you think he has gotten an unfair shake on BBKL. Some of us like to talk about the Leafs objectively regardless of what it means for our BBKL teams.
I never brought up Ranger, someone else did.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger 2m

NHL will award Devils with the 30th pick in the Draft instead of the 1st round pick as usually determined. Also forgiving $1.5 mil of fine.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So short of winning the cup...they're going down in the order. At least they don't outright lose their pick. I assume they're 30th in just the first round?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Pat Roys comments about Berra:

-Even thought he's an upcoming UFA we have long term plans for him.
-His numbers weren't that impressive, but that's because he played for a weak team in Calgary. If you look at his play you'll see he has starting goalie qualities.
-Cant teach size, speed and agility, Berra has all of those tools
-No confidence in Giggy as a backup.
-Avs targetted Berra, Scrivens and 2 other goalies a month ago. Berra was the top of Roys list, Scrivens was the top of the GMs list. Roy got his way.

All good signs for the owner of Berra (paul i believe)
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONPat Roys comments about Berra:

-Even thought he's an upcoming UFA we have long term plans for him.
-His numbers weren't that impressive, but that's because he played for a weak team in Calgary. If you look at his play you'll see he has starting goalie qualities.
-Cant teach size, speed and agility, Berra has all of those tools
-No confidence in Giggy as a backup.
-Avs targetted Berra, Scrivens and 2 other goalies a month ago. Berra was the top of Roys list, Scrivens was the top of the GMs list. Roy got his way.

All good signs for the owner of Berra (paul i believe)
Lolmike
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

;) I'm sure his KHL coaches will appreciate the above qualities
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

i didn't scan through the thread to read the comments between you 2, but i'd assume the avs lock him up. Roy went on to say you dont pay a 2nd rd pick for a guy just to let him leave, when other goalies went for much later picks (see Bryz, Fasth, and pretty much everyone else)

Roy said Berra has a lot of qualities he use to see in himself, and thinks being on a better team will help Berra's numbers and confidence.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

;(((( @ khl
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Giguere and his little girl water bottle are gone soon anyhow
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Gleason is good in that he doesn't lose his man, but my god the guy focuses on the hit way too soon, giving gigantic passing lanes through his body... he sucks at keeping the puck along the boards IMO (when the opposition player has beat him there), not that it matters if he gets the puck, best case with him is passing it over to his D partner...

Ranger has looked better as of late - and I hope we keep him for next season. He's not a bad #7 and has more potential than most bottom pairing dmen. He needs to get his foot speed back, as well as his read on broken plays - I find he's totally useless once play is scrambled in our end.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Who defends Clarkson?
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

blues wroteCOLONWho defends Clarkson?
i dont mind clarkson, i think (hope) his better years for us are a head of him.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
blues wroteCOLONWho defends Clarkson?
i dont mind clarkson, i think (hope) his better years for us are a head of him.
Lol he had one good season that happened to be on a contract year. He has done NOTHING to validate that monstrosity of a contract. He is Scott Gomez. Accept it.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Scott Gomez has a couple of good years to earn his contract, no?

speaking of lasting contracts, how is Savard, on the books for another 2-3 years, no?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to