Post by The BBKL Insider »

ya, great deal ennzie!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: PIT/PHX

Post by kimmer »

Holy shit fair deals shiv here which never shows up when I'm talking to him LOLLL
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

somehow i like this for shiv?
#91 - John Tavares
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I agree Hong, Santorelli is having a great year, and Arco has looked real nice for EDM sure he'll be up playing again soon.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

My rationale:

-Santorelli is one of the best h2h Cs to own this year at his cap hit of 0.550M. He has 23 Blocked Shots from Center which makes him super valuable to me.
-Arcobello will stay up with EDM imo. I realized Nick was right about him all along a few weeks ago but couldn't get him in a deal lol. And he's a waiver exempt C, which never hurts.
-Liles will likely not play with the Leafs, but I have a good feeling he will be traded with the deadline as more of his salary comes off the books. He really hampers our cap flexibility, so I am sure Nonis will try to move him. At which point, I hope he ends up on a team like Carolina where there are minutes waiting for him to take.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

doesn't Liles eat up 3.5 of your cap as well?

seems like a risky move to take dead cap, especially for a contending team like yours
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLONdoesn't Liles eat up 3.5 of your cap as well?

seems like a risky move to take dead cap, especially for a contending team like yours
I look at the deal as Desjardins + Clitsome for Santorelli + Arcobello. Liles is the cherry on top. I def don't consider him dead cap. He will get a chance to play in the NHL this season IMO. We HAVE to trade him. I hope we do anyways. Any deal we make will involve Nonis trying to offload Liles. At which point, I think he's back in the NHL
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLON

I look at the deal as Desjardins + Clitsome for Santorelli + Arcobello. Liles is the cherry on top. I def don't consider him dead cap. He will get a chance to play in the NHL this season IMO. We HAVE to trade him. I hope we do anyways. Any deal we make will involve Nonis trying to offload Liles. At which point, I think he's back in the NHL
I personally woudln't carry liles for his dead cap, i see the risk worth it for a non-contending team though.

This deal isn't horrible either way, but you have to remember Nonis isn't burke, he's causious and slow to make trades, i can see him sitting on Liles for a while and trying to move another dman who has trade value (see the Lu vs Schnedier trade)

but who knows, it would be nice to have him off our books.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLON

I personally woudln't carry liles for his dead cap, i see the risk worth it for a non-contending team though.

This deal isn't horrible either way, but you have to remember Nonis isn't burke, he's causious and slow to make trades, i can see him sitting on Liles for a while and trying to move another dman who has trade value (see the Lu vs Schnedier trade)

Yea we definitely need to get him off our books. I think Carolina is the obvious destination for him.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

SuperMario wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLON

Yea we definitely need to get him off our books. I think Carolina is the obvious destination for him.
It's been rumoured for weeks that the canes have interest, however they either want us to take back salary (cap dump - say gleason) or they want us to retain over 50% of Liles cap.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

My GM buddy told me Carolina
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

The rumour about gleason jml deal surfaced. Ron francis indeed visited thr marlies game last wknd undoubted to scout jml for a potential deal

As per nick kypereos
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

SuperMario wroteCOLON
SuperMario wroteCOLON

It's been rumoured for weeks that the canes have interest, however they either want us to take back salary (cap dump - say gleason) or they want us to retain over 50% of Liles cap.
With Liles in the minors, we retain almost 3M of his 3.875M hit. So I think if we move him, we will likely have to retain 1 - 1.5M ish. That will save us an additional 1.5-2M in cap room.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628

Mike wroteCOLONMy GM buddy told me Carolina
Mine did too Michael
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am