PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Lee »

bcool wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLON
Nick wroteCOLONIf i drafted sverson clearly in the draft thread, had him on my spreadsheet, had him on my CBS, and at no point had I been over the roster limit, I can see no logic in taking away a player for a mistake. It's actually rather petty.
Answer me this: What is the point of the roster submission thread if we can leave players off of it and still retain their rights? I'm not disagreeing that he made a mistake, he screwed up. That is not my fault. It is clearly stated, as I have said many times, that players not submitted are no longer owned by that team.
Who's job is it to delete this player off my CBS roster when a mistake like this happens? Who's supposed to let me know that I made a mistake because obviously it was a mistake and I wouldnt know. Because technically, I couldve played Ranger for cap purposes or if he had gotten called up last year, I couldve activated him. I obviously thought Ranger was still on my team so I wouldn't know that this move would be illegal. Would I then have to forfeit the whole week?

My issue is..why wasnt this mentioned earlier (shortly after roster submission). The guy signs an NHL contract and suddenly we find the mistake haha

He could not have been called up as he was on an AHL only contract.
Ok, I couldve traded him and this whole thing would've been more confusing. My thing is, if I broke a rule because I made a mistake, why wasn't I notified right away? Why wasn't Paul Ranger deleted from my CBS roster right away? Why is made apparent that I made a mistake and broke a rule now that Paul Ranger has signed an NHL contract with the Leafs?

Having said that, I'm cool with whatever CC decides. I'm not going to get personal, this league is just for fun.
Are you asking for a baby sitter? Currently I am not being paid enough to go around telling everyone when they make mistakes. You are a competitor in a head to head league. I will use any advantage I have to make my team better. I've never purposefully lied to anyone in this league.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Mike wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONOk, I couldve traded him and this whole thing would've been more confusing. My thing is, if I broke a rule because I made a mistake, why wasn't I notified right away? Why wasn't Paul Ranger deleted from my CBS roster right away? Why is made apparent that I made a mistake and broke a rule now that Paul Ranger has signed an NHL contract with the Leafs?

Having said that, I'm cool with whatever CC decides. I'm not going to get personal, this league is just for fun.
Can't speak for others who could have notified you, but I didn't know he wasn't included in your submission until Lee brought it up.
Shouldn't we have somebody go over everybodys rosters and compare the roster submission to the CBS roster shortly after the roster submission date? If not, what's the point of the roster submission thread? What's the point of having your roster on CBS? Or are we cool with bringing up mistakes being made a year after the fact after the guy has signed an NHL contract? Not being a dick, just some questions to think about for future situations like this and how we can fix it.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

bcool wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONOk, I couldve traded him and this whole thing would've been more confusing. My thing is, if I broke a rule because I made a mistake, why wasn't I notified right away? Why wasn't Paul Ranger deleted from my CBS roster right away? Why is made apparent that I made a mistake and broke a rule now that Paul Ranger has signed an NHL contract with the Leafs?

Can't speak for others who could have notified you, but I didn't know he wasn't included in your submission until Lee brought it up.
Shouldn't we have somebody go over everybodys rosters and compare the roster submission to the CBS roster shortly after the roster submission date? If not, what's the point of the roster submission thread? What's the point of having your roster on CBS? Or are we cool with bringing up mistakes being made a year after the fact after the guy has signed an NHL contract? Not being a dick, just some questions to think about for future situations like this and how we can fix it.
28 other teams did not require this service. Actually less as there are still more players on CBS rosters that were not added to roster submissions.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Lee wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON

28 other teams did not require this service. Actually less as there are still more players on CBS rosters that were not added to roster submissions.
You should get on it then.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

I actually have PMed a couple of guys about missing players, incorrectly spelled names on roster submission ( Nick being one of them). Not actually looking to make a day job out of baby sitting other guys tho. I've already resigned from the CC for that very reason ;)
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

i say we give lee a stipend of $0.5 a month to keep on top of this.

call it an internship.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

anton wroteCOLONi say we give lee a stipend of $0.5 a month to keep on top of this.

call it an internship.

Counter : 1st round pick. Per year.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

lmfaoooo
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

The submission thread is useless as when someone makes a mistake on it people start crying. It should just include contracted players who are waiver eligible (aka 23 man roster).
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

And when you have more contracted players than you do 23 slots? You shouldn't be able to hoard players. People already hoard waiver exempt players.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

Lee wroteCOLONAnd when you have more contracted players than you do 23 slots? You shouldn't be able to hoard players. People already hoard waiver exempt players.
then just waiver eligible players. No point in listing prospects, that's what CBS + excel should be for. I don't want to waste my time typing all of my prospects down correctly when other people don't and get away with it.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

called copy and paste bra
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

gooker wroteCOLONcalled copy and paste bra
waste of 5 seconds mang
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Arian wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONAnd when you have more contracted players than you do 23 slots? You shouldn't be able to hoard players. People already hoard waiver exempt players.
then just waiver eligible players. No point in listing prospects, that's what CBS + excel should be for. I don't want to waste my time typing all of my prospects down correctly when other people don't and get away with it.
They aren't getting away with it. I can name 5 players who guys have lost due to shitty book keeping.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

bcool wroteCOLONShouldn't we have somebody go over everybodys rosters and compare the roster submission to the CBS roster shortly after the roster submission date? If not, what's the point of the roster submission thread? What's the point of having your roster on CBS? Or are we cool with bringing up mistakes being made a year after the fact after the guy has signed an NHL contract? Not being a dick, just some questions to think about for future situations like this and how we can fix it.
We do look through it. It took several hours last submission due to errors and late/no submissions. about a third of the league was non-compliant. This includes some teams being over roster limits, waiver eligible players being buried in the minors, players not documented, one team dressing 19 skaters + goalie, etc. I could go on. No, we didn't catch all undocumented players (such as Ranger) but those that I found I certainly told GMs to confirm they meant to drop them.

Without the roster submission thread we would have missed most of these problems and players would have been dressing illegal lineups.

The system isn't difficult if you use it properly. If you don't we will have problems like this. Mistakes happen, you might remember I fucked up Goc's cap hit two seasons ago.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Just look at his name, clearly it states "BC Ool"
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Mike wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLONShouldn't we have somebody go over everybodys rosters and compare the roster submission to the CBS roster shortly after the roster submission date? If not, what's the point of the roster submission thread? What's the point of having your roster on CBS? Or are we cool with bringing up mistakes being made a year after the fact after the guy has signed an NHL contract? Not being a dick, just some questions to think about for future situations like this and how we can fix it.
We do look through it. It took several hours last submission due to errors and late/no submissions. about a third of the league was non-compliant. This includes some teams being over roster limits, waiver eligible players being buried in the minors, players not documented, one team dressing 19 skaters + goalie, etc. I could go on. No, we didn't catch all undocumented players (such as Ranger) but those that I found I certainly told GMs to confirm they meant to drop them.

Without the roster submission thread we would have missed most of these problems and players would have been dressing illegal lineups.

The system isn't difficult if you use it properly. If you don't we will have problems like this. Mistakes happen, you might remember I fucked up Goc's cap hit two seasons ago.
I would have to say you are being too nice. Should have just drop them altogether and notify them accordingly.
While this league is for fun, it is the responsibility of every GM to ensure what they submit is correct in order for the league to run smoothly. No one is being paid for the job but it is not that hard to do some basic checking at the start of the season, and very very simple checking of what they submit each week align with CBS. If you don't have the time to do some very simple checking why bother being a GM in this league??
And we assume GMs to be honest. I think GMs who shows no respect to this honest system should get kicked out!
#91 - John Tavares
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Bomb threat at traktor practice facilities.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828

Post by Lee »

Edmonton signs Darnell Nurse to ELC, Bo Horvat is the highest drafted, unsigned player.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

woah hong with no love for fellow azn brother
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to