Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by kimmer »

shooker wroteCOLONwell he doesn't say the team is not a mystery, he just doesn't mention anything about a team. He only talks about players and has said that the players returning are not what everyone thinks.
Well it now does make more sense... now that Burke's firing due to the scandal being distractions to the team coming up to surface a bit clearer. I guess Luongo coming to us is something that was bound to happen?!
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

TSN: We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it's not who anybody thinks it is
sounds like the player not team.

same thing quoted on SN but a lot more speculation in the article from the writer. I still fail to see how it is a "mystery" team and not a mystery player. Edm and Cgy news radio both have the trade going to Toronto as well. I don't know, I hope you are right as I don't want lou to go to the TML, but I fail to see how we could assume it is to anyone other than teams already in the battle with either TSN or SN's articles.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

shooker wroteCOLON
TSN: We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it's not who anybody thinks it is
sounds like the player not team.

same thing quoted on SN but a lot more speculation in the article from the writer. I still fail to see how it is a "mystery" team and not a mystery player. Edm and Cgy news radio both have the trade going to Toronto as well. I don't know, I hope you are right as I don't want lou to go to the TML, but I fail to see how we could assume it is to anyone other than teams already in the battle with either TSN or SN's articles.
The way I'm understanding the quote is they have a potential deal in place, but the recipient team has to deal with another player on their roster before making the deal.

That team is the Philadelphia Flyers and the player is Chris Pronger. Philly hasn't placed him on LTIR so his cap is on the books atm. Once they move him to LTIR they have space for Luongo's contract. Speculation is he wasn't on LTIR because they wanted to buy him out; and you can't buy someone out on LTIR.

Not to mention Philly are regretting ever signing Bryz and will be buying him out in the summer. The top 2 candidates to replace him that are being discussed: Luongo and Mason according to my buddy in Philly who's a die hard Flyers fan.

Book it.
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Honestly what I think the hold up is that Lou has to say yes and the other team has to do something. So who knows. I hope you are right with Philly, I would love Lou to go to a good team to finish his career. No idea what they would send back our way.

still think it is Toronto though
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

My guess is PHILADELPHIA and they have to find somebody, anybody, to take Bryz. Pronger to the IR frees up space, but they won't have Bryz and Luongo on the books.

Holmgren has proven to be a crazy ass mother fucker. If Luongo cost is "cheap" than he could afford to sell Bryz cheapish and break even at worse. More takers for Bryz IMO. Contract is shorter and it just isn't working out in Philly.

That's the only logical sense if something has to be done with a player first.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

For Toronto, maybe Leafs have to get rid of Komisarek or something? But that shouldn't be hard.

Philly makes sense IMO. They won't buy out Bryz. That's insanity..
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382

Post by shooker »

Couldn't the something has to be done with a player first be Lou agreeing to waive his NTC? Lol or that a player on the other team has to also agree to waive his NTC. There are really endless possibilities to what that could mean.

I hope its like Left field and we trade him to WSH for Mojo or something.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

a 3-way deal would be hilarious.

Lou to PHI
Bryz to TOR
Remier & _____ to VAN

entire world would say WTF just happened
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

shooker wroteCOLONCouldn't the something has to be done with a player first be Lou agreeing to waive his NTC? Lol or that a player on the other team has to also agree to waive his NTC. There are really endless possibilities to what that could mean.

Quite true. Could be on Lou or another NTC.

Nick wroteCOLONa 3-way deal would be hilarious.

Lou to PHI
Bryz to TOR
Remier & _____ to VAN

entire world would say WTF just happened
That'd shake the hockey world by storm.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

shooker wroteCOLONCouldn't the something has to be done with a player first be Lou agreeing to waive his NTC? Lol or that a player on the other team has to also agree to waive his NTC. There are really endless possibilities to what that could mean.

please
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Pronger buy out would crush my world
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Pronger to Van!
Peter
PostsCOLON 2048
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Post by Peter »

Nino looking to be moved out of Long Island https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/sta ... 3202989057
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Peter wroteCOLONNino looking to be moved out of Long Island https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/sta ... 3202989057

Who's interested? Zug? Lugano?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

gooker wroteCOLONPronger buy out would crush my world
Pronger is injured

He can't be bought out!

stop worrying buddy
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
Pronger is injured

He can't be bought out!

stop worrying buddy
Wrong sir, he's not been placed on LTIR and his cap hit counts....therefore he can still be bought out. teams have to keep putting guys on IR each year, aka Boston just had Savard fly in for tests and to put him back on the LTIR for this year.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
Fair Deals Steve wroteCOLON
Pronger is injured

He can't be bought out!

stop worrying buddy
Wrong sir, he's not been placed on LTIR and his cap hit counts....therefore he can still be bought out. teams have to keep putting guys on IR each year, aka Boston just had Savard fly in for tests and to put him back on the LTIR for this year.
poop

maybe it is Pronger then

That said, i think Luongo is heading to the flyers. i'd think the player they are talking about is Bryz
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Mike wroteCOLON
Peter wroteCOLONNino looking to be moved out of Long Island https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/sta ... 3202989057

Who's interested? Zug? Lugano?
YOU SHUT UP BRO

Katie is fucking hot
Last edited by 1 on kimmer, edited 0 times in total.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Pronger is on a 35+ contract. Even bought out the contract counts against the cap.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

i literally just offered gooker grabner for nino straight up and then saw this and panicked haha

flight risk overseas is minimal but there
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to