NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by Shep »

KapG wroteCOLONSeriously shep? Or you just BSin.
I forget who tweeted it. They said "it's a start, but there is a lot of work to do on it" or something.

I forget who it was, I'll find it after work perhaps.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

The ball is in the PA's court. It was a masterful move by Bettman as much as I hate to say it. If the PA agrees with the framework we get hockey and the owners still get a win to some extent. If the PA rejects the new framework outright then public opinion will turn harshly against the players and that will only give the owners even more leverage in the long run. Bettman has forced the players between a rock and a hard place. Should be interesting to see what Fehr does in response...
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

by offering a fair deal (even more-so now that the full details have come out) he's put the PA in a bad place? That doesn't make sense to me and isn't how negotiations should be approached. Only clause I can see them really fighting to have removed is the 5 year term, everything else seems very very good.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Hmm if cap trading is a thing I wonder how we could do that. Interesting.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Mike wroteCOLONHmm if cap trading is a thing I wonder how we could do that. Interesting.
It would get way out of hand and I'd fight to not have it implemented in our league, personally.

But we'll see what the NHL finalizes.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

Nick wroteCOLONby offering a fair deal (even more-so now that the full details have come out) he's put the PA in a bad place? That doesn't make sense to me and isn't how negotiations should be approached. Only clause I can see them really fighting to have removed is the 5 year term, everything else seems very very good.
Well the PA preached from day one that they paid enough with the last CBA and werent going to pay again this time. With this deal the NHL still gets concessions out of them (reasonable ones yes; yet still concessions). Bettman has forced Fehr to either give the NHL some of the concessions he said he wouldn't or else face the fans' wrath.

Personally I think it's a fantastic framework for both parties. With a few tweaks we could have hockey in 2 weeks!
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Shep wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLONHmm if cap trading is a thing I wonder how we could do that. Interesting.
It would get way out of hand and I'd fight to not have it implemented in our league, personally.

Looks like it'd be a maximum of $5MM and/or two players. But yeah. Something we'd need to review..
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Shep wroteCOLONApparently the players weren't too happy with the NHL's offer..
It's part of the negotiation process, the players can't appear overly enthusiastic in front of the media or they won't be able to fine tune the CBA to their liking.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONby offering a fair deal (even more-so now that the full details have come out) he's put the PA in a bad place? That doesn't make sense to me and isn't how negotiations should be approached. Only clause I can see them really fighting to have removed is the 5 year term, everything else seems very very good.
I think the UFA age is an even bigger issue than the contract term, guys who are close or on the cusp of UFA don't want to wait another year before getting their big pay-day.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Mike wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

Looks like it'd be a maximum of $5MM and/or two players. But yeah. Something we'd need to review..
I think it would be an awesome addition to our league, it makes trading more complex and interesting, not unlike baseball. It would also really help teams get under the cap, and above the floor more easily if they could trade cap space.

The one drawback is that it would take significant book-keeping to track, or some sort of addition to CBS like draft picks. Perhaps a star beside a players name, with the appropriate cap attached to it.

I.E. Wade Redden* 3M (represents the portion of Redden's salary that was retained in a trade)
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Mike wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

I think it would be an awesome addition to our league, it makes trading more complex and interesting, not unlike baseball. It would also really help teams get under the cap, and above the floor more easily if they could trade cap space.

The one drawback is that it would take significant book-keeping to track, or some sort of addition to CBS like draft picks. Perhaps a star beside a players name, with the appropriate cap attached to it.

I.E. Wade Redden* 3M (represents the portion of Redden's salary that was retained in a trade)
We would definitely need to add a hard copy of the asset to CBS.

Such as: "$3 million of Wade Redden's salary" as a tradeable asset on CBS.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954

Post by Chuck Norris »

Mike wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON

To my understanding its like you said, 2 players up to a maximum of $5M total AVV. Another stipulation is how its calculated. It gets decided by either 50% of the AVV of the player or $3M; whichever number is cheaper.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

the league is brilliant. all they needed to do was say the words "50/50" and "82 games season" and they knew the fans would be on their side. players can only look like villains here if they come back with something very different from the league's proposal.

it worked on me. fuk the players. in a sick twisted way, i hope they turn this down, the lockout goes longer, and they end up with something significantly worse in the end.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Pfft. Don't listen to Anton. Just get a fucking deal done. No one side is better than the other in this. They are both at fault.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

tbh, between going to marlies games live and watching generals and warriors games online, i haven't miss the NHL one bit just yet. eventually im sure the time will come, but im surprised at how little the lockout has effected me to this point.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

With the NFL, my interest in the NHL is slim to none.

It'll change once something concrete happens, but at this point, fuck the NHL and everything with it.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

players: we just want to play, we care about the fans, we all just want to play hockey.

nhl: well how about a proposal then? we did the last one...

players: ah hell naw, this isn't ping pong, there are no turns, we want to play but there is no way we're going to make a proposal, how foolish.

*3 weeks of nothing*

nhl: ok ok, here's a new proposal we feel bridges a lot of the major gaps.

players: NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

players: we just want to play...
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Mein Fehr
anton
PostsCOLON 7111

Post by anton »

the most aggravating thing are the comments from players just towing Fehr's line:

@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks' Toews on NHL's offer: "There’s no real effort there. It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor".

There's no real effort? and the PA has made a concerted effort? Really? Every time these guys post something on twitter, they look more and more foolish and uneducated. Where do the players get the idea that the league has to come to them? Are they not part of this process too? For a bunch of millionaires who "just want to play" there seems to be very little effort coming from their end to do ANYTHING.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to