Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by thom54 »

"To be honest, I don’t think the Leafs need a goalie coach," Allaire, whose contract expired at the end of the season, said in a phone interview on Monday. "I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that’s not the way it works.

"I didn’t feel like I could do my job last year," he said. "I wasn’t getting enough ice time. I wasn’t the only guy with [the goalies]. It’s not fair to the kids, not fair to me, not fair to anybody … I didn’t feel like I could work in this situation."
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

"They are hopeless, why ruin my reputation with these goalies that are just going to continue to be awful?"
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

they are over-coached is what he said...
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Shep wroteCOLON"They are hopeless, why ruin my reputation with these goalies that are just going to continue to be awful?"
BAZINGA!

And in what sport do you have 2-3 goalie coaches? Thats stupid. As a goalie and former goalie coach myself I wouldn't have agreed to that kind of arrangement in the first place. I mean you guys wonder why we rip on the Leafs for being such a shitty team and then you read stupid shit like that...

I once had 2 goalie coaches when I was playing and it was stupid cause they played two totally different styles and were each teaching me conflicting aspects of each of their styles. Not to mention their clashes while coaching. Needless to say the following year I only had 1 coach.

And when I was goalie coaching myself I would have had choice words to say to anyone trying to bring in another goalie coach...
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

I think you're reading it wrong Chuck, at least from what i know and read: we had multiple coaches making decisions regarding goalies, not multiple goalie coaches. Essentially saying Burke/Wilson/Randy were making goalie decisions and that's not the system Allaire prefers to operate under.

Thankfully the leafs didn't trade a player in game - now that's an organizational farce.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLONI think you're reading it wrong Chuck, at least from what i know and read: we had multiple coaches making decisions regarding goalies, not multiple goalie coaches. Essentially saying Burke/Wilson/Randy were making goalie decisions and that's not the system Allaire prefers to operate under.

Thankfully the leafs didn't trade a player in game - now that's an organizational farce.
Incorrect, Burke admitted that the team had multiple coaches because they were unhappy with Allaire's insistence on the butterfly style.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLON"They are hopeless, why ruin my reputation with these goalies that are just going to continue to be awful?"
BAZINGA!

And in what sport do you have 2-3 goalie coaches? Thats stupid. As a goalie and former goalie coach myself I wouldn't have agreed to that kind of arrangement in the first place. I mean you guys wonder why we rip on the Leafs for being such a shitty team and then you read stupid shit like that...

I once had 2 goalie coaches when I was playing and it was stupid cause they played two totally different styles and were each teaching me conflicting aspects of each of their styles. Not to mention their clashes while coaching. Needless to say the following year I only had 1 coach.

And when I was goalie coaching myself I would have had choice words to say to anyone trying to bring in another goalie coach...
Agreed
Last edited by 1 on MSP4LYFE, edited 0 times in total.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

“To be honest, I don’t think the Leafs need a goalie coach,” said Allaire, who is unsure where he will coach this season. “I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that’s not the way it works.
none of the above reads to me like there were more than 1 goalie coach, simply says time and time again that there were decision makers above him regarding the goalies.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

"I regret that I have to deal with this matter publicly but I feel the need to respond," Burke told Mapleleafs.com Tuesday. "Was there interference from the staff as he said there was? Yes. But it was done reluctantly and it was done to change elements of our goaltending that was sub-par."

"The position has evolved in the last three to five years," Burke said. "Nobody plays the classic stand-up any more either. Everything advances."
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Nick wroteCOLON
“To be honest, I don’t think the Leafs need a goalie coach,” said Allaire, who is unsure where he will coach this season. “I think they have enough of them. They have two or three guys who were making decisions with the goalies. In the NHL, that’s not the way it works.
none of the above reads to me like there were more than 1 goalie coach, simply says time and time again that there were decision makers above him regarding the goalies.
"To be honest, I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach, I think they have enough of them" Doesn't read to you like the Leafs have multiple goalie coaches?

Further to that, I have a hard time believing that Ron Wilson and Randy Carlyle played any significant role in altering the Leafs goalies playing styles, both coaches are vocal about letting goalies, and their coaches do their own thing.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Ye..

We had a goalie coach that we brought in, 3 years ago, and at the time BB believed he was the best goalie coach in the world.

After 3 years of struggling numbers (bottom 3, correct?), BB or someone high up started to ask questions/make suggestions and/or seek outside help. Sounds like it was BB himself doing some of the decision making and/or having a change of belief regarding the future of the position.

I'm not sure how *some of you* came to those conclusions. It seemed smelly yesterday when the news came out, and it was unexpected - but try to read each quote and detail in time respect, again with an open mind, seems pretty basic in a typical organization identification of a problem, and trying to change something. Without change it's tough to expect a different outcome. Now it definitley doesn't seem like Burke was going to let Allaire go, simply that he wanted some change in the goalie position --> Gus is out, hoping for improvements from James (that's an expectable change IMO) but I gather there was some part of his game that management wanted to see additional differences in -> probably some following the trend started with Quick in LAK regarding the vertical attack angles or some such (just an example)

In sequence it seems to me Allaire was asked to change his methods if he were to come back, but something in there got personal,dude was pissed and took it to the media (or media got to him, as they do very very well).

"To be honest, I don't think the Leafs need a goalie coach, I think they have enough of them" Doesn't read to you like the Leafs have multiple goalie coaches?
No it doesn't read like they have multiple goalie coaches to me, it reads as if Allaire is saying there are others impacting his role as goalie coach, someone (not a goalie coach) weighing in on his decisions.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Allaire stated verbatim that the Leafs have more than one goalie coach. Unless he has a poor grasp of the English language, there is nothing to interpret.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

IMO you are making an interpretation if thats what you think his sentence says.

" I don't think the leafs need a goalie coach, they have enough of them"
That says zero and multiple - and other conversations allude to 'guys making decisions with goalies' - all he's saying is that he doesn't have sole say on the goalie related decisions... IMO once again.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

"The Sky is Blue"

Let's interpret what this really means, you first.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

What's bothering you away from hockey Kareem? Why not start with that first instead of the apology a few weeks later.

Troll replied to in kind.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

The sky is not blue.
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Lee wroteCOLONThe sky is not blue.
Winner
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Allaire was refering to Greg Cronin and Scott Gordon both former goaltenders.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Solid article about the nhl lockout

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl--nhl-l ... turns.html
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

More info about the Allaire situation comes out.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/art ... icious-cox
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to