Re: NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Post by kyuss »

True. On the other hand, Gretzky was three times the player
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

KapG wroteCOLON Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:38 am Let’s be real. He’s done it at a time when goalies can actually make saves. Gretzky played In a joke of an era. What ovechkin is doing is other worldly and already more impressive than what Gretzky ever did with goal scoring. This fucking guy did it with Covid shortened seasons and lockouts too…absolutely wild
Without the lockouts and covid shortened seasons, Ovie would already have the goal scoring title, wouldn't he? Or he'd at least be very close.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I mean if injurys hasnt happened lemieux likely obliterate gretzkys goal total too. He was on a much Better pace

Shit happens
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

point of these last two pages: gretzky is overrated, got it
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:26 pm I mean if injurys hasnt happened lemieux likely obliterate gretzkys goal total too. He was on a much Better pace

Shit happens
and for what its worth to play along, I'd have also bet Bure would've beaten Gretz goal record had he stayed healthy + everything went right with a long career in NHL (20+ seasons)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Yeah. Beyond injuries and dope bure played on a canucks team for lots of his first best few years where he was being centered by Murray craven/cliff ronning
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Detroit waives Jakob vrana
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:29 pm Detroit waives Jakob vrana

Doesn't seem like there's room for him on the roster considering Berggren has impressed while he's been up from Grand Rapids plus Fabbri is close to returning. I think it's a positive that more of their young players are making an impact and are actually winning their spots.

Given Vrana's situation and his salary, I imagine he clears and it just gives the Wings flexibility when they have to send someone down. In general, the Mantha-Vrana trade has been a bust for both teams.

Too much is made about veteran guys going on waivers...there's always a small chance a team takes him and he gets another chance elsewhere but I think the Wings just don't want to throw him back in the lineup after his time off when there's guys playing well. It seems very likely he doesn't stay with the Wings beyond this current contract.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

kimmer wroteCOLON Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:26 pm point of these last two pages: gretzky is overrated, got it
Less than Ovechkin though.

I mean, I have watched both play and it wasn't close
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:35 pm Yeah. Beyond injuries and dope bure played on a canucks team for lots of his first best few years where he was being centered by Murray craven/cliff ronning
And it only got worse on the Panthers lol.

What does dope mean there, though?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:58 am
Matthew wroteCOLON Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:29 pm Detroit waives Jakob vrana

Doesn't seem like there's room for him on the roster considering Berggren has impressed while he's been up from Grand Rapids plus Fabbri is close to returning. I think it's a positive that more of their young players are making an impact and are actually winning their spots.

Given Vrana's situation and his salary, I imagine he clears and it just gives the Wings flexibility when they have to send someone down. In general, the Mantha-Vrana trade has been a bust for both teams.

Too much is made about veteran guys going on waivers...there's always a small chance a team takes him and he gets another chance elsewhere but I think the Wings just don't want to throw him back in the lineup after his time off when there's guys playing well. It seems very likely he doesn't stay with the Wings beyond this current contract.
I think there is clearly something wrong we don't know about Vrana, no way he would be on waivers otherwise
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

He returned from the program recently and spent time on a conditioning stint with the Griffins but he can only stay down there for a limited time. I imagine this is just so he can stay there longer because Lalonde seems comfortable with the guys he's got on the team now. Vrana is an established guy but he's going to have rust.

You ask if there's a larger issue at hand. I mean, he just went to get help already, didn't he? The Wings were willing to give a guy like Bobby Ryan a contract who went through the league assistance program when he was in Ottawa. I'm sure they're understanding of a player that goes through this process. If other players step up and win their spots, nobody is guaranteed of a spot just on reputation alone.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:43 pm He returned from the program recently and spent time on a conditioning stint with the Griffins but he can only stay down there for a limited time. I imagine this is just so he can stay there longer because Lalonde seems comfortable with the guys he's got on the team now. Vrana is an established guy but he's going to have rust.

You ask if there's a larger issue at hand. I mean, he just went to get help already, didn't he? The Wings were willing to give a guy like Bobby Ryan a contract who went through the league assistance program when he was in Ottawa. I'm sure they're understanding of a player that goes through this process. If other players step up and win their spots, nobody is guaranteed of a spot just on reputation alone.
If they truly believed there wasn't a greater issue, then I don't think that they would be willing to potentially give up a good asset for free...
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

kimmer wroteCOLON Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:50 amtolvanen wew

Tolvanen wew'ing since being claimed by seattle
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Boldy signs a contract extension! 7 years for 49 million
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Capg
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

KapG wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 am Boldy signs a contract extension! 7 years for 49 million
Tage Thompson wishes I guess :)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

A BOLD move. (someone had to say it)

His numbers last year would've projected to a 68-point season and that was his first NHL season. That would've put him 4th behind Fiala, Zuccarello and Kaprizov. They obviously couldn't keep Fiala.

In terms of their team structure, $7 million would put him over Zuccarello's expiring deal and you wonder what happens with him after this season. Kaprizov is rightfully the highest paid.

Plus, Dumba is an expiring deal at $6 million. The money will be there to give Boldy a nice raise but you're probably losing one of Zuccarello or Dumba. On top of that, Addison is due a new deal and I'd assume he just takes Dumba's spot if he's the one to go.

Boldy is the biggest RFA they've got and he's addressed. I guess that means Zuccarello is next and do you just give him the same deal and he'll be 36 heading into next season.

This wouldn't be so complicated if not for the Parise and Suter buyouts. The worst impact of the buyouts will still last for 2 more seasons after this.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Good contract imo.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

kyuss wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:13 am
KapG wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 am Boldy signs a contract extension! 7 years for 49 million
Tage Thompson wishes I guess :)
tage keeps this up he will have the most team friendly deal in the NHL along with E. Lindholm (for 1-2 more yrs...)
#91 - John Tavares
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to