BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Post by Matthew »

koomzzz wroteCOLONPaul is in my lineup as a W but position is C. Will that impact my scoring? I used the checkbox on the spreadsheet and he was put into a C spot, so I figured I was good. Seems like that's not true.
There are a few lineups I will force legal (including your own).

Montreal and NYI will need to change their rosters since the positional changes gave them less than 3C in their lineups. Not sure which people with commissioner powers know how to do that after lock...Scott?
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

The rollercoaster of going between having 2 to 5 viable centers multiple times through the season is a headache :/
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Loki wroteCOLONThe rollercoaster of going between having 2 to 5 viable centers multiple times through the season is a headache :/
I agree, it's ridiculous
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Matthew wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLONPaul is in my lineup as a W but position is C. Will that impact my scoring? I used the checkbox on the spreadsheet and he was put into a C spot, so I figured I was good. Seems like that's not true.
There are a few lineups I will force legal (including your own).

Montreal and NYI will need to change their rosters since the positional changes gave them less than 3C in their lineups. Not sure which people with commissioner powers know how to do that after lock...Scott?
Fixed mine. Sorry had my spreadsheet reflecting the change but didnt get to fantrax in time.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yup, we'll fix it. Let me know what you want to do.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

foofnik wroteCOLONNote the position import used 15GP last season and .40 as the threshold so guys between 15-19GP and .40-.44 will be different and need to be manually changed here
I did change those that I found (GP wise especially)
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Loki wroteCOLONThe rollercoaster of going between having 2 to 5 viable centers multiple times through the season is a headache :/
you can always trade those for steady Ws or steady Cs if they bother you that much :P

not to mention, if the GM gets surprised by those positional changes it means he hasn't been paying attention. The FOR of each player is consistently displayed on Fantrax team page
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

kyuss wroteCOLON
you can always trade those for steady Ws or steady Cs if they bother you that much :P

not to mention, if the GM gets surprised by those positional changes it means he hasn't been paying attention. The FOR of each player is consistently displayed on Fantrax team page
I'm not saying we can't track when they're going to change, it's just a very weird meta thing to have to track to make your roster work several times a year :lol:
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

NHL teams change some of their players' position through the season as well!
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

kyuss wroteCOLONNHL teams change some of their players' position through the season as well!
Haha sure but they have the choice to play someone else at center when they do it. They don’t decide to just run with 3 centres now. :lol:
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

yeah NHL teams are usually a little deeper than the BBKL Devils :P
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

And most aren’t as deep as the BBKL Preds :p
The point is we don’t get to choose how to deploy our own forwards
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

the tough life of BBKL GMs, sabotaged by a league where the boss Shoalzie has yet to prepare breakfast for them
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLONthe tough life of BBKL GMs, sabotaged by a league where the boss Shoalzie has yet to prepare breakfast for them
Lol
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Wait - we get breakfast with our membership? Ya'll have been holding out on me.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

When do we not have some early season drama? Honestly, the calendar flipped to October and you blink and next thing you know it's already opening night. It moved quickly. I had a few nights leading up to the start that I just couldn't get to anything I wanted to get to. I'm juggling work and family just like a lot of us are. I'm trying squeeze every drop of free time I have to be able to do what I want to do...this league being one of those things.

Let's just get things right...the position stuff was a headache to get implemented right before the season started. I spent so much of my summer on the rebuild of the sheets and I didn't do a lot of the information side of this project until the very end.

We use a results-driven value to assign C and W. In-season that system works well but we're using the designation from the end of last to determine this year's positions but it's quite possible the player might have a completely different role with their team to start this season or they might be on a new team all together.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

To be clear I’m not sure how anyone took my comment as criticism of the work that Shoalzie does or any of the CC in terms of getting positions updated in time. I appreciate the hell out of all the time you guys put in.

I think if you read my first comment again it’s pretty clear that I’m simply saying that the positions changing for forwards several times a year is a recurring headache for managing your team. This isn’t anything new, it’s been a pain point for the league for years to have to continue to update this and deal with the consequences.

Again it’s not me complaining about having to make a roster tweak to become compliant, I’ve had plenty of times where I’ve also ended up with more centres than I needed, but it’s a weirdly unique situation that feels like it serves no real purpose and I’m simply making an offhand comment that maybe we should consider whether we’re actually achieving anything with all this work.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

So you went with Newhook, Point and Tierney as your centers? Are good on Fantrax now?

I fixed your Week 1 sheet too...just copied the formulas from Week 2 and just did the check box.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONSo you went with Newhook, Point and Tierney as your centers? Are good on Fantrax now?

I fixed your Week 1 sheet too...just copied the formulas from Week 2 and just did the check box.
Yep I'm all good for this week, thanks for your help and sorry for breaking the sheet in Week 1 :lol:
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

To be honest, you can probably get away with copying stuff from all the sheets except the Preseason sheet...it's not quite the same setup.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to