BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: BBKL policy for Centers and Wingers

Post by Shep »

Sooner rather than later would be ideal, so we can make necessary adjustments...
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Shep wroteCOLONSooner rather than later would be ideal, so we can make necessary adjustments...
All Fantrax team pages show FOT (it is between FOW and SHTOI), which is just our FOR. So you should be able to tell who is a Center/Winger with a quick glance, since our FOR = .45 to be a Center.

Currently all team stats are projections for 22-23, so you will need to change the stats to 21-22.

Your team currently has 4 NHL Centermen:
Hartman
Hertl
Sillinger
Richardson (if he doesnt retire)

Landeskog(.42) and Mercer(.43) are close, but will be wingers to begin the upcoming season.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Take my DB for the import. Contracts and positions all in there already.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Thanks Foof! I uploaded the ADHL file and adjusted accordingly with the differences between the two leagues (15 GP vs 20 GP and 0.40 vs 0.45).

So all players should have the right position for the start of the new season now!

Let me know if you guys notice anything wrong.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Very cool, thanks guys. I'm hoping I had positions mostly right on my end but I'll cross-reference Fantrax.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Shep wroteCOLONSooner rather than later would be ideal, so we can make necessary adjustments...
All Fantrax team pages show FOT (it is between FOW and SHTOI), which is just our FOR. So you should be able to tell who is a Center/Winger with a quick glance, since our FOR = .45 to be a Center.

Currently all team stats are projections for 22-23, so you will need to change the stats to 21-22.

Your team currently has 4 NHL Centermen:
Hartman
Hertl
Sillinger
Richardson (if he doesnt retire)

Landeskog(.42) and Mercer(.43) are close, but will be wingers to begin the upcoming season.
Thanks Matt, those were the exact two I was curious about.

I'll use that for future reference.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

The following players' position were updated for week #9 and onward:

W --> C
Brady Tkachuk
Kotkaniemi
Noah Cates
Holmberg
Elias Pettersson
Domi
Bjugstad
(Newhook?)

C --> W

JT Miller
Wyatt Johnston
McCann
Colin White
Kent Johnson
Pius Suter
Ross Colton
Cotter
Luostarinen
B. Schenn
Hintz
Mik. Granlund
Jack Drury
Howden
Mason Shaw
(Devin Shore?)

The players between brackets may or may not change position this week:
Shore needs to play another game by Sunday.
Newhook currently sits at FOR = 0.449
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Jason Dickinson (W) is sitting at 0.60 and tonight would be his 20th game this season.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Thx for all the work gents.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:46 am Jason Dickinson (W) is sitting at 0.60 and tonight would be his 20th game this season.
right, should have added him between the brackets, thanks.

Nice timing for his 20th game lol, remember me to fix his role if he does play tonight
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Updated after Sunday, December 4th:

The following players' positions were updated for week #9 and onward:

W --> C
Brady Tkachuk
Kotkaniemi
Noah Cates
Holmberg
Elias Pettersson
Domi
Bjugstad
Jason Dickinson
Newhook

C --> W
JT Miller
Wyatt Johnston
McCann
Colin White
Kent Johnson
Pius Suter
Ross Colton
Cotter
Luostarinen
B. Schenn
Hintz
Mik. Granlund
Jack Drury
Howden
Mason Shaw
Devin Shore
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

When is the next change.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Florida Chris wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:41 am When is the next change.
Last season was done March 15th (which was right before our trade deadline)
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Sucks to have a winger in Eyssimont who has never played C have to sit on my bench.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Now that he's at 20 games in this season, he's well established to be a winger. He's only taken 3 faceoffs. It would be nice if we could have an in-season "application process".

Doing only two reviews, there's going to be a gap in season where certain players could be stuck at a position until the end of the season. These midseason callups will get ignored.

It's something we should think about. I certainly have the capability to make position switches midseason on my end. I don't want to disrupt this process but we can always make it better.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:06 am Now that he's at 20 games in this season, he's well established to be a winger. He's only taken 3 faceoffs. It would be nice if we could have an in-season "application process".

Doing only two reviews, there's going to be a gap in season where certain players could be stuck at a position until the end of the season. These midseason callups will get ignored.

It's something we should think about. I certainly have the capability to make position switches midseason if on my end. I don't want to disrupt this process but we can always make it better.
I agree with this.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:06 am Now that he's at 20 games in this season, he's well established to be a winger. He's only taken 3 faceoffs. It would be nice if we could have an in-season "application process".

It's something we should think about. I certainly have the capability to make position switches midseason on my end. I don't want to disrupt this process but we can always make it better.
I would have no problem updating positions as per in-season requests of role switch for bbkl-rookies who reached 10 gp after the update was done, or veterans who reached 20 gp for that matter.
However, I just want to point out why we didn't go this route originally:
we agreed the CC would not want to spend its time monitoring all teams' players status in order to apply needed positional updates on-the-fly, and delegating that to GMs' requests means when the player reaches the minimum gp the GMs would basically be able to pick the position he needs:
- by not reporting the need for switch if he needs to use the player at the previous position
- by reporting the need for switch if he needs to use the player at his new position

I don't think we solved this problem yet (not saying it can't be done, it's been taken care in the other FOR-using league I'm part of), so allowing that would mean giving an advantage to GMs whose players are in that situation.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That's kind of why I think it should be brought up by the individual GM themself.

If they're watching the FOT/FOR on Fantrax and they clearly qualify as a center or wing and it's affecting their lineup choices...give them the opportunity to bring it you or the league's attention.

It would be a pretty simple process. Either they qualify to switch or they don't. If they don't meet the FOT/FOR criteria and haven't played enough games, there's nothing to discuss. It would just go into play on the next week of the season if the request is granted.

I think the idea would be allow a team to better utilize the player if they were assigned to the other position now rather than wait until your next league-wide review.

Keep the two league-wide review periods but allow teams to submit or apply for a player to switch positions because they meet the requirements.

To me, it would make the last review period easier for you. These players will switch positions before you have to review them. I wouldn't allow this before the first review period because most players wouldn't have enough games played.

If we're going to make it a point of emphasis that teams should play their best possible lineups...we're putting handcuffs on GMs to not play a certain forward until the last review period.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:38 am That's kind of why I think it should be brought up by the individual GM themself.
I was actually trying to explain why back then we decided not to.

But we can change that of course (while keeping the 2 mandatory updates), if we are fine giving those GM an advantage over the others (can happen to anyone so not necessarily unfair)
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

So Byfield has just recently played his 20th game. He’s got a FOT of .31. Does he automatically switch to winger now or do I wait for next league wide position change announcement?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to