GDT - BBKL Round 2 Playoffs

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: GDT - BBKL Round 2 Playoffs

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am Upset city! Will and Kyuss both out in round 1 is great for this league.
great for Matthew and Hong especially, as they don't have to face the two best teams in the conference :)

Further proof that only the great hockey minds win (or should that be singular in this league haha)... and that trying to just win trades instead of win games doesn`t get you anywhere.

Oh, and hi everyone! I check in every now and then, but rarely actually log in. Still fun to follow as a fan of BBKL.
lol, make sure to keep following in futures years, just in case you'll need to update your theories
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:09 pm
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am Upset city! Will and Kyuss both out in round 1 is great for this league.
great for Matthew and Hong especially, as they don't have to face the two best teams in the conference :)

Further proof that only the great hockey minds win (or should that be singular in this league haha)... and that trying to just win trades instead of win games doesn`t get you anywhere.

Oh, and hi everyone! I check in every now and then, but rarely actually log in. Still fun to follow as a fan of BBKL.
lol, make sure to keep following in futures years, just in case you'll need to update your theories
Not many cup winning teams have an elite farm system, but they do have an excellent core and built around that. Once you sell the farm, you`ll win a cup. Guaranteed.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:11 pm

Not many cup winning teams have an elite farm system, but they do have an excellent core and built around that. Once you sell the farm, you`ll win a cup. Guaranteed.
there is nothing guaranteed in this system, it doesn't make much sense to me going all-in and selling the farm to have a better shot over a limited period of time when Monday's & Tuesday's injuries can fuck your team in any given playoff week no matter what.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:18 pm
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:11 pm

there is nothing guaranteed in this system, it doesn't make much sense to me going all-in and selling the farm to have a better shot over a limited period of time when Monday's & Tuesday's injuries can fuck your team in any given playoff week no matter what.
I mean there is some truth to both sides of this. There isn't much reason for a team with your assets to be dressing Ahman, Perry, Kakko, Noesen, etc.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Bruyns wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:42 am
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:08 am Upset city! Will and Kyuss both out in round 1 is great for this league. Further proof that only the great hockey minds win (or should that be singular in this league haha)... and that trying to just win trades instead of win games doesn`t get you anywhere.

Kicking the poor guy when he's down haha. I've always said Mik could easily beat me if he overpaid for players to build a powerhouse team. A team loaded with assets dressing Aman, Colton, Kakko, Noesen, Perry is a choice, but one that he is content with.
I actually wasn't content with dressing Aman, Kakko and Perry (nothing wrong with Colton & Noesen at that cap hit imo), in fact I wish I could have dressed the injured Forsberg, Wahlstrom and Parssinen instead.
And I did try to make one or two more deals at the deadline, but it's not that easy when half the teams don't show up/reply.
And you could say I should have made those other moves earlier, but 1. there were no news about Forsberg & Parssinen staying out for so long 2. all the other earlier moves I made for key players resulted in long term injuries to those players (only getting Bouchard at the deadline reduced the risk of losing him to injury like I lost the others).

Anyways, I guess we'll see in the next few weeks if my team was just not good enough to win or if it just needed Perry to play on Sunday
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Well shit. Makar is injured. So I can either put in zub for him now and hope he has a good week, or run with makar and hopes he gets into some games later in the week.

Makar had been so hot lately running at about 2 points a game and periphs.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I need to decide who to play out of Petry, Forbort, Stillman and Bahl. Petry and Forbort are both day to day and could play up to three games or none at all.

With Campbell playing tonight against the Sharks do I still dress Lankinen who will get one of SEA/TOR this weekend is my other decision.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:23 pm Well shit. Makar is injured. So I can either put in zub for him now and hope he has a good week, or run with makar and hopes he gets into some games later in the week.

It sounds like it's the dreaded "day-to-day". He'll miss the Chicago game as a precaution. I saw the report that Bednar thinks it's a minor injury.

I wasn't sure where he might've got dinged on Saturday.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Luckily I should have the room to at least fit seider into my lineup this week so one stud out and one stud in. Just won't have the 2 stud super defense I was hoping for this week.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:23 pm Well shit. Makar is injured. So I can either put in zub for him now and hope he has a good week, or run with makar and hopes he gets into some games later in the week.

You have like a 10 gp advantage. I think you will be fine.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Can I dress 3 centres? With 8 W and 7 D? Is that a legal roster?
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shep wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:13 pm Can I dress 3 centres? With 8 W and 7 D? Is that a legal roster?
Yes
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Shep wroteCOLON Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:13 pm Can I dress 3 centres? With 8 W and 7 D? Is that a legal roster?
But with Samsonov hurt in Washington you may want to sit lindgren. If Saros/Lindgren combine to go over 4 starts you lose your goalie wins stat and the shutouts from the goalie who played more games.

4-5-2 : No team can exceed four (4) goalie starts in a playoff matchup. If a team exceeds the playoff 4-goalie-starts per week limit, all Wins recorded by its goalies will be erased. Furthermore, eventual shutouts recorded by the goalie with less starts will be erased as well (all shutouts recorded will be erased if the goalies have the same number of starts; in that scenario exceeding the total of 4 means at least 3 starts each, hence breaking the limit by
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Damn was hoping you would match my injured makar with injured fiala
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Cheers!
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

oh fk.. samsonov is starting on tue vs isle... i really do hope his workload is splitted with murray during the 4 game week... copley likely gets 2 out of 3...
#91 - John Tavares
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

secret weapon clutterbuck
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682