Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Detroit Trading Block: 2022-23

Post by Shoalzie »

My immediate concern would be goaltending with Talbot out 5-7 weeks. Without a true #2 goalie on my roster to pick up the slack for missing starts, I am interested in finding someone that can get me a start or two each week. I don't want a replacement starter. I find Talbot to be a more than adequate goalie when healthy.

I'm not rushing to find a guy ahead of Friday. I figure the best time to shop will be after the final cuts are made by NHL teams and I can see who the #2 or 1B goalies will be. I will reach out to teams that appear to have spare goalies and see what my options are. If I can make a deal before Friday, great. If not, I'd like to figure something out for Week 2.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Detroit Trading Block: 2022-23

Post by Shoalzie »

Goalie situation is resolved (for now). Taking zeroes in the goalie categories for the next month or so is probably not the wisest idea.

Wedgewood was a guy I was targeting this offseason back when Talbot was still in Minnesota. After Talbot got traded to Ottawa, the need for #2 goalie went down. It's funny how things work out. If I can get a start out of him every so often, then that will be a good bridge until Talbot gets healthy.

A positive also is since I have Remi Poirier on the roster, he's potential injury insurance for Wedgewood (or Oettinger).
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd be crazy to not start shopping Vince Dunn right now. It's a contract year for him and he's playing very well for an improved Kraken team.

Top 15 in defense scoring...only two guys on that list are making $4 million or less...Dunn and Brandon Montour.

He's got good periphs, not great. Bottom line, he's better off being on a playoff team than being on my team right now.

Asking price: Picks and/or prospects (preferably a defense prospect)

*Receiving a downgrade on defense in return is not required but it's an option
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'll throw a few extra names on the block:

Jason Zucker -- On pace for his best point total in 5 years; plus, he's throwing the body around (already over 100 hits for the first time in career).

Asking price: Downgraded wing plus pick(s)/prospect(s)

Ross Colton -- Final year of his current contract; probably was more (fantasy) valuable last year in his role as a center. Offense looks to be around where it was last year.

Asking price: Downgraded wing plus pick(s)/prospect(s)

Josh Brown -- Very inexpensive defenseman; solid periphs while he finally has a chance to play regularly in Arizona.

Asking price: Downgraded defense plus pick(s)/prospect(s)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I've had a few teams reach out last week but I was hoping for more offers before I make any decisions. I don't think I'll make any deals before 1 p.m. today.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

One thing I'd be open to as part of any deal...I own the Anaheim 2nd in 2023. I'd be interested in swapping 2nd rounders to move up in the order.

If you're less interested in giving up a pick, an alternative would be to swap positions in the 2nd round as a value upgrade for me. I only have my 1st and the Anaheim 2nd in the early rounds of this upcoming draft. Adding picks would be nice but if I could improve my position instead, that would fine with me.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Over the weekend, I'll follow up with all of you who have sent in new or revised offered or sent in anything recently. Busy week...haven't have had a free moment go through what's in front of me. I don't want to make any rushed or uninformed decisions.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Dunn and Brown are both gone. I will not be making any more changes to my defense.

I'm in solid shape with GP so I can probably afford to move a winger. Colton and Zucker are still on the block. If you want hits, I've got 5 wingers over 100 hits.

I'll put a spotlight on Mathieu Olivier...league minimum salary and he's waiver exempt. He's primarily a hit guy but he'll occasionally kill penalties. He'd be a nice depth piece if you have an injury.

Olivier could be had for a 3rd round pick.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Dunn, Colton, Brown and Dickinson have been moved. I want to think this is going to be it for me this season. I'm very safe with skater GP. Maybe one more forward could be moved before our deadline.

When van Riemsdyk and Okposo are hopefully on cheaper deals next season, I would hope there's a chance of moving either of them for futures. I'll at least work from a position carrying close to a complete lineup into next season where I can hopefully collect more assets rather than spend them.

I'll be somewhat active with the upcoming draft holding both my 1st and 2nd rounders.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to