NSH - CHI

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

NSH - CHI

Post by kyuss »

To Chicago

Jeff Carter

To Nashville

Corey Perry
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: NSH - CHI

Post by Da_Hawks »

Agreed
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Genuinely thought Jeff Carter retired
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Fraser wroteCOLONGenuinely thought Jeff Carter retired
That day is coming real soon.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Mik doing what Mik does dumping cap for free
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONMik doing what Mik does dumping cap for free
Mik doing Mik things would have been getting assets for a cap dump (aside from cap space). Perry is a slight downgrade and a retirement candidate whereas Carter plays at least one more year for me - which is my incentive. Plenty of dumping teams available so I wasn't going to haggle over a mid pick or so with one day before the deadline. I'll take the extra term and be happy having a player going into next year.

Plus! The more cap space the contenders have, the more they buy from the rebuilders which is what we want. Call me a good samaritan.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

If you're getting a slight upgrade for a huge cap difference, just to get go for next year (which is debatable itself) then it looks like a pretty huge win for Mik considering he needs to cut cap.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Mik doesnt have cap space because hes calling it up off his bench. His farm is as stacked as his active roster. He just needs someone each and every year to bail out his cap situation and the cycle continues...
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

To echo everyone else's sentiment, basically just did Mik a huge favor for minimal gain (which is again debatable). Not sure this benefits Chicago at all. Huge win for Mik.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Chicago gains. That's all Chicago cares about. Better he gets the small gain than someone else.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLONChicago gains. That's all Chicago cares about. Better he gets the small gain than someone else.
This. There are so many rebuilders that need to watch GP that taking a player for free is 100% worth it every single time. I don't care about how Mik benefits, in fact the other day I was wondering why he was even rostering the corpse of Jeff Carter when he had a guy like Hintz on the farm.

He wins and I win. Good.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Matthew wroteCOLONChicago gains. That's all Chicago cares about. Better he gets the small gain than someone else.
I'm not sure Chicago really does bc there really isn't anything stopping LA from buying Carter out, Carter retiring, or Carter simply getting buried to make room for some kid to play. Doesn't matter what I think though.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
I'm not sure Chicago really does bc there really isn't anything stopping LA from buying Carter out, Carter retiring, or Carter simply getting buried to make room for some kid to play
Exactly, or even Perry signing another short-term minimum deal and retaining more value than Carter's bloated deal.
Doesn't matter what I think though.
Also true, unfortunately.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
I'm not sure Chicago really does bc there really isn't anything stopping LA from buying Carter out, Carter retiring, or Carter simply getting buried to make room for some kid to play
Exactly, or even Perry signing another short-term minimum deal and retaining more value than Carter's bloated deal.
Doesn't matter what I think though.
Also true, unfortunately.
Both points very true. Much is the same with many older players unfortunately. It's a gamble for sure.

That being said, nobody was interested in Perry, and without a contract he's certainly more likely to retire than Carter. So it's a gamble, and one I can take as salary is never an issue for me as a rebuilder.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Jeff Carter with 9 goals, 12 points, +7, 120 FOW, in 15 games with the Pens. While averaging 1 minute SHTOI
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLONJeff Carter with 9 goals, 12 points, +7, 120 FOW, in 15 games with the Pens. While averaging 1 minute SHTOI
Playing for a playoff seems to have given him new life.
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

So he came out of retirement
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

^pretty much lol
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

He's still got one more year on his deal (Carter that is)...I would think he plays out his deal if he enjoys his time with the Pens. He's a nice fit with them being the pseudo-Malkin as he can't seem to stay in the lineup.

This trade deadline didn't have a ton of flashy deals but we've seen guys like Carter and Hall and Bennett switch teams and give their new teams a lift.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Thata boy, hawksy. Someone has to pay something for Carter now. He is amassing huge stats. 15 points in 17 games since joining pittsburgh, monster on the dot.

Better than Perry despite contracts.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to