NSH - ARZ

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: NSH - ARZ

Post by Matthew »

Tony wins the battle of making each other feel bad.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

ltcompton wroteCOLONLots of big opinions for guys that have never won anything in this league.

Kaprizov is going to be a stud in the NHL. He's physical, a great playmaker, scores, kills penalties and has got well advertised hockey IQ, and an NHL ready body. He will be a stud on the power play and probably a 60 point player. And he'll be cheap for the next 5-7 years.

I advertised this pick and most of the offers I git were...unattractive.

The 6th is highly unlikely to ever play a game in the NHL, as you all well know.

What if Kaprizov turns into young Zach Parise. I'll take that over Perfetti, Rossi or Holtz any day
I don't think 6 is highly unlikely to play a game...

2009: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
2010: Brett Connolly
2011: Mika Zibanejad
2012: Hampus Lindholm
2013: Sean Monahan
2014: Jake Virtanen
2015: Pavel Zacha
2016: Matthew Tkachuk
2017: Cody Glass
2018: Filip Zadina
2019: Moritz Seider

How many of those guys aren't gonna play an NHL game?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

koomzzz wroteCOLON
ltcompton wroteCOLONLots of big opinions for guys that have never won anything in this league.

Kaprizov is going to be a stud in the NHL. He's physical, a great playmaker, scores, kills penalties and has got well advertised hockey IQ, and an NHL ready body. He will be a stud on the power play and probably a 60 point player. And he'll be cheap for the next 5-7 years.

The 6th is highly unlikely to ever play a game in the NHL, as you all well know.

What if Kaprizov turns into young Zach Parise. I'll take that over Perfetti, Rossi or Holtz any day

Pretty sure he's referring to the 6th round pick, but yeah this is a bad trade for Arizona. I'll stand by that.
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
koomzzz wroteCOLON

Pretty sure he's referring to the 6th round pick, but yeah this is a bad trade for Arizona. I'll stand by that.
jesus. i'll see myself out
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Covid-19 champ right here
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

The trade is probably a coin flip for more talented player. What arz loses is a few years of age tho.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Matthew wroteCOLONTony wins the battle of making each other feel bad.
By a landslide
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Kyle Turris available, btw.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
ltcompton
PostsCOLON 54
JoinedCOLON Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by ltcompton »

koomzzz wroteCOLON

The 6th round pick Einstein, not the 6th overall.

And since you and a couple of others fancy themselves draft geniuses who can't possibly miss on a high pick

2018 - Wahlstrom - 5th Overall by San Jose
2018 - Kotkaniemi - 7th Overall by Philadelphia
2017 - Patrick - 2nd Overall by Pittsburgh
2017 - Mittelstadt - 4th Overall by Nashville
2016 - Puljujarvi - 3rd Overall by New Jersey
2016 - Nylander - 8th Overall by Florida
2016 - Rubtsov - 10th Overall by Nashville

You think there's no risk in drafting? Think again

koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245

Post by koomzzz »

jesus another one of these?
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

League rookies who have won nothing arent allowed to have opinions. Were you not informed when you joined? :lol:
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

I don't think Jesus is with us.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

lol
it doesn't fucking matter how great anyone thinks kaprizov will become in the NHL (currently he is not in nhl and theres no confirmed set date)

until he's in nhl and producing, he is not worth a 6th overall. not ever in this dynasty league value in trading assets. I think ARZ took very lightly of the risk involved with this particular asset. This is all it is. 60pts with periphs? good guess. maybe he does it. but right now do you know it will happen for how certain? it's a silly risk to weigh against urself lol. why not say try for a player ALREADY in nhl, and produce that type of stats in the same age group? why go out of ur way unnecessarily and dig out a non nhl asset lol. 60 pts + periphs lol I mean I won't write that off like it's nothing but there are handful of good nhlers who do that already lol

I'm willing to even bet even he does come over at some point there will be risk that helos game doesn't transition.

oh hi, btw i am one of the GM's whose opinion is valued the least amount in magnitude
ltcompton
PostsCOLON 54

Post by ltcompton »

"oh hi, btw i am one of the GM's whose opinion is valued the least amount in magnitude"

I can see why

60 pts plus peripherals puts him in the top 40 skaters in the league, and he'll be cheap for the first 4-6 years of his NHL career. He will play in North America next season and likely for the next ten years. I'll take Kaprizov against any GM's ability to draft at #6 overall and wait 3-4 years for that player drafted at #6 OA to have an impact in the NHL, if he ever does...which is a big if.

I'm not taking a flyer on some iffy prospect here but you all already know that and if you wanted, you had ample time to ante up for it and chose not to.

"Kaprizov was the youngest player in KHL history to reach the 100-goal mark. He played in five consecutive KHL All-Star Games. He led the league in goal-scoring the past two years and was vying to win a second consecutive Gagarin Cup with CSKA Moscow (still known as the Red Army team) until the season was abruptly cancelled in the middle of the playoffs due to the ongoing global pandemic. He led the 2017 world junior championships in goal scoring and was named the tournament’s Best Forward. And he scored the most goals in the 2018 Winter Olympics, including the “Golden Goal” in overtime."
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

lol love people quoting about a player off the internet.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Picks are a bit weird because the prospect who is drafted at #6 tomorrow is also an unknown who may never pan out, but the value that GMs in this league place on high picks is massive. There's definitely a lot of risk here, in that Kaprizov could be great next year and onwards and the #6 prospect could be great in a few years, or both could end up having close to zero NHL impact. I don't mind Arizona taking a swing at the asset with less mystery, but I do think there's probably GMs in the league who would salivate over the mystery box of a high pick and would have given more.
ltcompton
PostsCOLON 54

Post by ltcompton »

That's the fairest most level headed (least obnoxious) point anyone has made so far, and I can tell you that such offers were not forthcoming, I published my block two weeks ago and will tell you that I received a total of 3 offers and this one was by far the best. I think Kaprizov is going to absolutely kill it in Minnesota.

KHL regular season stat summary for Kirill Kaprizov: 2019-2020 Season

3rd in points
1st in ppg
1st in goals
12th in assists
4th in GWG
19th in PP goals
11th in shots
1st in shooting% (for >100 shots)
11th in fouls against
5th in +/-

And for those who are interested, here is the article from the Athletic, there are about 8 people quoted in this article who all have forgotten more about hockey than anyone on this board will ever know (including me) that think he's going to be a VERY special player. I'll take that over Alexander Holtz any day of the week.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Totally get that, I've been in a similar position where I needed to move a player and just couldn't get the value back I thought he was worth, the market is what the market is.

The funny thing about the 6th OA pick is I think it probably had more value today than the player you would have drafted with it would have tomorrow unless they happen to start distinguishing themselves over the next few years. Perceived value is a funny thing.

I appreciate you taking the swing at a guy you really like, I'm a bit more gunshy about Kaprizov than you are but I hope he works out for you.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

I'd take any of the top 6 players in this draft over Kaprizov. And no Holtz is not one of those 6 players. I do think it's silly to think Kaprizov is less risky than a top pick in this draft though given the gymnastics Minnesota has had to go through getting him to NA.

A best case scenario is that he is everything he was promised to be in his rookie season and immediately signs a lucrative deal on his 2nd contract after playing only 1 season on his elc.
ltcompton
PostsCOLON 54

Post by ltcompton »

Sorry, these crappy boards won't let me put the article on here, if you are interested, I can email you guys the article.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to