BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Investing

Post by Matthew »

KapG wroteCOLON Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:43 pm
Matthew wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONBet on the right horse. Heavily invested in vermillion and it just nearly doubled earning expectations, reinstated a dividend, said they will do a special dividend and stock buyback

"Good to be an oil man” - Daniel Plainview and Matthew
Vermillion still destroying. Up nearly 5x since September, and doubled since the war. They are heavily invested in European gas (also oil company) so come this winter they should continue to destroy. Suspect they will be adding a big dividend after the 1st quarter of 2023 too once they've curtailed some of their debt.
You did good on that one nicely done Matthew.

I just continue to add little bits and pieces to my BMO and cibc holdings. My yield on a cost basis for enb/BMO/CIBC is about 7% on about 40k which for me is a good chunk of money. It’s all tax free too in the tfsa.
What ya thinking right now with potential banking issues?

I'm wondering whether to sell it all or buy the dip or just hold assuming it will collapse and wait 5 years for it to get back to this level.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLON Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:44 pm
Matthew wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONBet on the right horse. Heavily invested in vermillion and it just nearly doubled earning expectations, reinstated a dividend, said they will do a special dividend and stock buyback

Vermillion still destroying. Up nearly 5x since September, and doubled since the war. They are heavily invested in European gas (also oil company) so come this winter they should continue to destroy. Suspect they will be adding a big dividend after the 1st quarter of 2023 too once they've curtailed some of their debt.

I just continue to add little bits and pieces to my BMO and cibc holdings. My yield on a cost basis for enb/BMO/CIBC is about 7% on about 40k which for me is a good chunk of money. It’s all tax free too in the tfsa.

I'm wondering whether to sell it all or buy the dip or just hold assuming it will collapse and wait 5 years for it to get back to this level.
if Canadian banks fail it’s gonna be the end of the world afaic. I am buying the dip and adding more banks as I come across cash

Also, it’s the American banking system that’s having all the issues, Canadian banks are fine and highly regulated. They aren’t going to collapse.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

KapG wroteCOLON Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 am
Matthew wroteCOLON Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:44 pm
Matthew wroteCOLON

if Canadian banks fail it’s gonna be the end of the world afaic. I am buying the dip and adding more banks as I come across cash

Also, it’s the American banking system that’s having all the issues, Canadian banks are fine and highly regulated. They aren’t going to collapse.
I didn't mean fail just if we have another 2009 and they lose 50% of their value in a short period of time.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

I don’t think there is going to be a 50% drawdown again lol. If it happens I’ll just buy lots more.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to