2022 Draft Discussion

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Re: 2022 Draft Discussion

Post by Brian »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONIt feels like there was a pack of 5-6 guys after Wright that I figured would've been gone before my spot. Now we're onto another larger pack of guys and I think this next 5-10 picks can go in a lot of directions. I'm sitting at 24 and thinking do I wait and just take who falls to me or do I get aggressive and move up? I guess we'll see...

The other x-factor with my pick was Luke taking Jiricek so that removed any temptation of picking him at 7. He would've been an option. I have 4 picks in the top 54...I figure a defenseman made more sense at any of my other spots.
I would have taken Jiricek at three had a I kept that pick. He's going to be a beast. The best picks left right now are the transition defenseman (MIntyukov, Mateychuk, Korchinski). I have a feeling that you could have a nice option at 23 (as will I at 28). The next 20 or so picks could go in any order, I think.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322

Post by Brian »

kyuss wroteCOLONto be fair, draft rankings are not supposed to predict actual draft selections
Oh, I know that. It's supposed to be a ranking of how they should be selected, not how they will be selected. Still, Pronman isn't very good at it.
Monk
PostsCOLON 1762
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by Monk »

I was thinking Jiricek would have gone before my pick, and I would have gladly taken Kemel. Though Scott does bring up good points on taking Gauthier over him. This what I love about our draft everyone making a discussion.

Not completely sold on Mintyukov or Korchinski, but Mateychuk is gonna be a damn fine 2nd pair D I think, would love to take him anywhere after 10, next pick is late 20's for me, seems so far away.
hasek39
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by hasek39 »

Who is the current SJ GM? I sent a message but it may have been to the old one.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Foofnik
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
hasek39
PostsCOLON 132
JoinedCOLON Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by hasek39 »

ok thanks I sent it to the right person
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

yup debating who I want in between work meetings, few options on my short list here
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I think I've never not recognized so many names in the draft in all my years in this league
And weird names too
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Lekkerimaki immediately went on my short list after watching some of Sweden's games in the U18. That tournament in general opened my eyes to some of the top Swedish prospects. I'm so glad NHLN showed the majority of that tournament.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Matthew wroteCOLONI think I've never not recognized so many names in the draft in all my years in this league
And weird names too
what ever happened to Smith and Jones?
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

I'm waiting for a reply back from someone on a potential deal. In the meantime, I've been up since 8pm yesterday so I'm going to take a 2 hour nap and see where things are at when I wake up.
TheNudge
PostsCOLON 290
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by TheNudge »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONLekkerimaki immediately went on my short list after watching some of Sweden's games in the U18. That tournament in general opened my eyes to some of the top Swedish prospects. I'm so glad NHLN showed the majority of that tournament.

This kid seem to have the full package to become a stud in the near future. What he’s biggest weakness?
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

TheNudge wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONLekkerimaki immediately went on my short list after watching some of Sweden's games in the U18. That tournament in general opened my eyes to some of the top Swedish prospects. I'm so glad NHLN showed the majority of that tournament.

This kid seem to have the full package to become a stud in the near future. What he’s biggest weakness?
I own him so he's bound to bust like all my previous high picks seem to have done
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

foofnik wroteCOLON
TheNudge wroteCOLON

I own him so he's bound to bust like all my previous high picks seem to have done
You need to improve your development system
Brian
PostsCOLON 322

Post by Brian »

TheNudge wroteCOLON

He's kinda awkward on his skates. He uses a bunch of choppy little crossover steps to generate forward movement, then relies on his edges to glide and flow through space. He doesn't skate full out very often, and when he does, he isn't great at it. He moves really well to the side, has nice turns and shows good agility, though.

Boy does he want to put in the puck in the net, though.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Anyway to sticky the selection thread on the top of main page during the draft
Having to click thru 4 links to get to it every time is a bit annoying
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I've made it a "Global announcement" thread.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Awesome thanks!
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

I’ve made some offers for up coming picks. It’s 9 pm est, I’ll be up around 4:50am est - I have a target in mind
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Again, remember to PM the GM who picks after you to let them know they are On the clock.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to