Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: TV/Movies talk Part II

Post by KapG »

Just saw catching fire the other day and thought it was pretty enjoyable. Nothing amazing but pretty good.

Taking the rents out to see American Hustle in a bit which should hopefully be a pretty good flick.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

Sherlock S3 starts in about 20 hours.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

So I guess I should download the first two? I saw the last half of S2 finale by accident lol.
Mike
Test 2
PostsCOLON 11390
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Mike »

They're on Netflix, but yeah definitely.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

I don't have le netflix. So will try to find a 720p+ rip.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

KapG wroteCOLONI don't have le netflix.
Worth every penny of the $7 per month or whatever it is.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

even the canadian one?
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

KapG wroteCOLONeven the canadian one?
All you need is this Firefox extension called MediaHint and you get access to the US Netflix in Canada.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

lol so the canadian one is still junk eh
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

canadian netflix has community. only redeeming quality.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Anybody that says the Canadian one is junk should jump in front of a bus and end their sad, lonely life.

American netflix is so overrated by comparison. Sure, it's better, but the hype it gets is worse than the hype and disappointment of Waterworld.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589

Post by Robin Hood »

Netflix in general is so awesome. If I ever want to watch a new show that was released a few years ago, I don't need to use torrents like a mad man. I can pretty much find anything. And their Original shows like House of Cards and Arrested Development are amazing. They'll only be coming out with more seasons of those and more shows.

Also, a lot of movies that are "maybes" for me to watch in theaters are released 2 months later. So I only keep the theater must-watch movies now.

Saw American Hustle last week: Amazing. This weekend, the plan is to see The Wolf of Wall Street.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

SuperMario wroteCOLONNetflix in general is so awesome.
Exactly
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT

CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Whats this community?

If you use Chrome the Hola better Internet extension is an awesome proxy selector for American Netflix. Only problem is i cannot broadcast to Chromecast from PC while using proxy because the cast is still using my wifi. BTW, highly impressed with Chromecast. Recommend for anyone for the price if you can get a hold of one. US only. You can cast local content by 2 ways i know. Put the file location on your HD in the chrome address bar or use PLEX. Plex is the next thing i am going to setup. Super powerful. Technically if one of you guys has a good PC with lots of space we could setup PLEX on it and have the password available in BBKL community and access whatever is downloaded over the web on PC, iphone, mac, android, etc...

Called Plex media server. Free. Install this and it automatically goes to the web and gets movie posters, titles etc...Share the password and we could all access the local content over web. We technically could load all these series on and all watch from anywhere. Basically our own BBKLFLIX...Whos got lots of HD space and wants to try this?
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Plex is no longer free for new people.

i just got a roku and am still testing it out, but seems fantastic.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

The Server is free. The controller for android and iOS cost 5 bucks. But if connecting with a pc to access Plex Media Server, still free.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734

Post by CAM »

If you connect via web using chrome you can than cast that plex tab and watch any of the content in your library.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

CAM wroteCOLONThe Server is free. The controller for android and iOS cost 5 bucks. But if connecting with a pc to access Plex Media Server, still free.

If you are an existing user before a certain time , yes.

I am not and will have to buy a monthly membership fee or a plex pass. I know this because I am currently on a month trial.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

SuperMario wroteCOLONNetflix in general is so awesome. If I ever want to watch a new show that was released a few years ago, I don't need to use torrents like a mad man. I can pretty much find anything. And their Original shows like House of Cards and Arrested Development are amazing. They'll only be coming out with more seasons of those and more shows.

Also, a lot of movies that are "maybes" for me to watch in theaters are released 2 months later. So I only keep the theater must-watch movies now.

Saw American Hustle last week: Amazing. This weekend, the plan is to see The Wolf of Wall Street.
Saw catching fire and american hustle recently. Both were enjoyable. American hustle felt long and stretched out at times. Perhaps bcause they brought the story along so slowly. Still really good. The acting was amazing though...far better than the movie itself, if that makes sense.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to