BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: League Announcements Discussion

Post by Arian The Insider »

Lee wroteCOLON
Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONShouldn't the onus be on league management inviting someone to the league to offer this information rather than expect someone joining to read over an entire 2000 word thread? It also states that exceptions can be made for missing. I would say this is an exception worthy case as I am not responsible for the team missing gp.

-according to Scott's most recent post, even league management was not aware of this rule.
You've been in this league for years, and there's no need to read the entire 2000 word post when you can just skip down to the section about to.

So your stance is to read a document for something that neither I nor the head of the league knew existed...and then blame that person for not knowing about said rule?
It's a clearly stated rule, it doesn't really matter if you or another person remember.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

You don't really have much argument to stand on when you are arguing:

1. I shouldn't be punished

2. I deserve the outcome if I was punished partly.

You can't hold the pairing spot that led to Byfield without being moved back first.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Malette18 wroteCOLONYou don't really have much argument to stand on when you are arguing:

1. I shouldn't be punished

2. I deserve the outcome if I was punished partly.

You can't hold the pairing spot that led to Byfield without being moved back first.
The world is not black and white and the statements can coexist.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLONI wouldn't expect anything less than victim blaming from you, Casper.
How are you a victim? You act like the league is trying to actively fuck you over lol! You not knowing a clearly stated rule when it's right there for you to read it is not the leagues fault. I already stated the league could've certainly been more transparent, but that doesn't mean the league fucked you over.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Lee wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONShouldn't the onus be on league management inviting someone to the league to offer this information rather than expect someone joining to read over an entire 2000 word thread? It also states that exceptions can be made for missing. I would say this is an exception worthy case as I am not responsible for the team missing gp.

-according to Scott's most recent post, even league management was not aware of this rule.

That's correct. I think this issue was brought up because your pick came up in the lottery. It's been in the CBA...that's a rule I wasn't aware of but that's not to say it doesn't exist. I should know all the rules or at least consult those who do.

I used to be a bigger stickler for GP when I was a rebuilding team and I obsessed over making sure I reached the GP limit with my own team.
That's fine Scott, but I had no bearing on Boston missing GP.
In fact you're not getting punished for it for the BOS situation.
The pick you inherited is getting diminished because otherwise other GMs would be penalized for playing by the rules whereas BOS finished below by missing GP by a mile.
When you were PHI GM, that's when you got punished: forfeiting a couple of picks in future drafts, because you missed GP without caring about it.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONI wouldn't expect anything less than victim blaming from you, Casper.
How are you a victim? You act like the league is trying to actively fuck you over lol! You not knowing a clearly stated rule when it's right there for you to read it is not the leagues fault. I already stated the league could've certainly been more transparent, but that doesn't mean the league fucked you over.
He loves playing the victim.
I don't know if it's because he's that bored or if it's because he's that paranoid.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Such a silly sequence of events.

Lee quit a good team because he wanted a rebuilding team.

League provides him with a rebuilding team (that was apparently thrust upon him?)

Lee upset that his rebuilding team begins with a 1st round pick 3 positions later than he thought he was getting. It wasn't communicated well, which was the major mistake here, but the rules weren't going to change once the error was caught.

Lee would have a 5th this year, and a lotto pick next year, but instead quits a team he had never made a single transaction on. He will now need to wait another year or two in the hopes another re-building team opens up, and that team could be in a worse situation than this one.

Whichever GM takes over Boston will be getting the 5th overall pick. (No exception made)

All this over 3 spots in a draft. Good grief.

Like, didn't you want a team you could really rebuild? Because it isn't a ready made rebuild that makes it not worth it? I just really don't understand the reasoning. If you're so into rebuilding wouldn't you want it to be slightly more difficult? There will probably be players in this draft that end up better than whomever is taken at #2, so just make sure you draft really well.

Anyway, since you made no transactions, it almost was never your team, so I personally don't have any issue with you not taking this team and waiting to be in consideration in the future for a different re-building team (hopefully that process will be smoother). Who knows how the rest of the league will feel?
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

The vocal minority have stated they don't want me here
The cc is unwilling to come to a reasonable compromise.
I was told one thing and another thing happened.

Why would I stay?

I've already told Scott that I do not wish to be considered for another team. I am only still online to say goodbye to people I consider friends and to give them a way to contact me outside of the forums.

I asked for this to be done quietly but here you are flapping your gums on the public forums. You don't deserve to be in a position of authority in this league.
Last edited by 2 on Lee, edited 0 times in total.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Not even I would have complained about this. Rules are rules after all. You can always complain/argue to have them changed, but retro rule changes always have a bias to them and are a no go for most leagues.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

I think two people said they didn't want you here. I'm fairly certain there are more than two people who don't want me here. Competitive league. It's how it goes.

There won't be a compromise on the 5th pick. But I'm sure there are lots of GMs who enjoy what you bring to the league, myself included.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Lee wroteCOLONThe vocal minority have stated they don't want me here
The cc is unwilling to come to a reasonable compromise.
I was told one thing and another thing happened.

Why would I stay?

I've already told Scott that I do not wish to be considered for another team. I am only still online to say goodbye to people I consider friends and to give them a way to contact me outside of the forums.

I asked for this to be done quietly but here you are flapping your gums on the public forums.
You don't deserve to be in a position of authority in this league.
Nobody told me that part.

Peace.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I leave the children alone for ten minutes...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Tony wroteCOLONImage

I leave the children alone for ten minutes...
Always have the perfect meme or gif hahahahaha
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Lee man, becoming a father made u all weak and shit. what the fuck is going onnnn

do u want some advice for 5th overall drafting? lemme help u bro.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Man a lot happened while I was asleep :S
I do sympathise with you Lee, it must suck to lose something you thought you had through no fault of your own.
Fortunately it's not happening to you personally, it's happening to your team. Just like a GM in the real NHL who is brought in after their predecessor is fired, the team doesn't get a do-over because a different guy is in charge, the consequences start and end with the team and you just happen to be responisble for that team now.
We probably should be wary in the future that someone might leave a team in such a scorched earth position that it's near impossible to hand it over to someone to rebuild, but that's not really what happened here. It sucks, but such is the lot of taking over a rebuilding team.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Matthew wroteCOLONThere will probably be players in this draft that end up better than whomever is taken at #2, so just make sure you draft really well.
This was my thoughts while reading all this. Probably a few examples of #5 in BBKL being better than #2 in BBKL but not willing to put in the work to check.

Sorry to see you go Lee as BOS really did seem to fit the challenge I thought you wanted when you stepped down as PHI. My recommendation to CC would be to let you come back if you changed your mind before a replacement was named, but if you don't want a team I imagine you will still pop in every once and a while like other former members.

If you would like you can give me your 2021 1st in payment of our bet and then step down officially. :lol:
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Y’all sleeping on byfield lol
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada