BUTTON_POST_REPLY
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Re: 1100 GP Minimum

Post by dave1959 »

We have all the rules in place.

I don't think we need to change anything for next year either.

The only thing we need to do is keep watch on the 850 over the next couple of seasons to see if it should be increased.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

teams missing gp multiple times need to be fined harshly. a slap on the wrist would be fine for first time offenders.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

You're moving the pick to where it should have been if the GP requirement was hit correct?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONYou're moving the pick to where it should have been if the GP requirement was hit correct?

yes
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

So you're fixing something that was artificially inflated in the first place so why would you be adding extra picks as a reward for fixing something?
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Because it potentially fucks over the team who traded for their pick (knowing they were a shitty team)
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

No they said they are moving the pick to where it should have been in theory. If it's moved to where it was suppose to be in the first place, which is the theory of this rule, how is it fucking Anyine over but the team who missed GP and doesn't own their pick?
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

Yes but at the end of the day they finished where they did. So the change prevents the league from getting fucked over (I.e. Eliminating the effect of the team who over tanked) and then the team who had the pick who now is later in the draft gets compensated. Makes perfect sense to me
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

It's also because without some sort of fine then the team who missed GP gets no penalty if they don't own their own pick, I think a 1st is too much though.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

They should be fined no doubt, def not a 1st but don't see where the team who owns it should benefit even more than they already have. I think it makes more sense Picks as fine should just be forfeited if we are following the logic of the rule.

Also 2 teams have #3 odds so who slides up
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONYes but at the end of the day they finished where they did. So the change prevents the league from getting fucked over (I.e. Eliminating the effect of the team who over tanked) and then the team who had the pick who now is later in the draft gets compensated. Makes perfect sense to me
I bet it does as you reap the extra benefits lol
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONThey should be fined no doubt, def not a 1st but don't see where the team who owns it should benefit even more than they already have. I think it makes more sense Picks as fine should just be forfeited if we are following the logic of the rule.

Also 2 teams have #3 odds so who slides up
My understanding id Vegas is 3, and whoever finished 3rd to last gets pushed to 4th, albeit with the same odds as Vegas in the lottery.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLON
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONYes but at the end of the day they finished where they did. So the change prevents the league from getting fucked over (I.e. Eliminating the effect of the team who over tanked) and then the team who had the pick who now is later in the draft gets compensated. Makes perfect sense to me
I bet it does as you reap the extra benefits lol
I'd support it if it was me in Paul's shoes. The rules were there at the beginning of the season. No use complaining about it meow
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Bruyns wroteCOLONIt's also because without some sort of fine then the team who missed GP gets no penalty if they don't own their own pick, I think a 1st is too much though.
A first is only if the team finishes in last place. And it can be 31st pick they give the other team.

There was a reason that the team sliding back was compensated but I can't remember now.

We went through all this discussion in cc last year for like a month with people on both sides. Some wanted harsher penalties for missing games played and some wanted lesser punishment. In the end we settled in the middle.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

easiest solution judging from all these useless discussion is if i just quit it looks like
talked to matthew ANA yesterday and collected my thoughts so i thought... but i had some time to think again and i dont know i gotta chime in here

basically if you guys look thru a perspective lens of "all bad/low place finish teams are intentional tankers", then this kinda punishment makes more sense, and I dont enjoy/encourage that in my situation

and mike no u wouldnt know shit if u were in my shoes, like lee said im a first time offender... in like 7 yrs ive been here ive never missed gp
i was a little upset at first that i have to lose a 1st?... like if im fined a 3rd,, even a 2nd maybe id be ok

but why a fuckin 1st? defeats the purpose of those who try to rebuild and tumbles back into square one. why would you be so retarded to fine a last place team who missed gp another first? i just worked my ass off to acquire two LATE 1sts this year. i dont even have a plethora of 1sts due to purposely tanking and trading away ALL my gp pieces or anything like that. I just invested in the wrong guys who never ended up becoming permanent nhlers this year

especially if that said team didnt try to intentionally tank and is to be blamed for "ruining my gp situation" like some guys like foofnik always argues for
yes it is a part of my fault i lost tons of gp for acquiring shit players but kid u not, i did it all year to acquire pieces i liked and thought would make the team but didnt pan out. not to mention a lot of older guys i had previous years that was a regular player ended up being bench guys/waived this year too. when i just couldnt invest enough time into managing rosters through 500 trades a year, i fell behind, simple as that

anyway yea im losin more and more interest with this shit
in 7 yrs ive actually tried to settle and go the rebuild route because i made bad enough trades or got impatient with tryin to go competitive.. 8th last place is like the best my teams ever achieved so when i try to rebuild patiently and happen to miss about 150 gp this year, i lose a 1st now?.. how the fuck am I supposed to fucking rebuild at this rate lol come on
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

That was exactly thr issue I raised in questioning how harsh the penalty was going to be in the new rules Paul
timwebb1212
PostsCOLON 720
JoinedCOLON Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by timwebb1212 »

lightupdadarkness wroteCOLONNo they said they are moving the pick to where it should have been in theory. If it's moved to where it was suppose to be in the first place, which is the theory of this rule, how is it fucking Anyine over but the team who missed GP and doesn't own their pick?
I second this
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Looking like kapg (nyr) and myself (Ana) are coming right down to the wire on gp. We both need a couple of our day to day injured guys to get a few games over the weekend to make 1100. Should both be +/- 3 games from 1100.

Paul (car) has missed.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Matthew wroteCOLONLooking like kapg (nyr) and myself (Ana) are coming right down to the wire on gp. We both need a couple of our day to day injured guys to get a few games over the weekend to make 1100. Should both be +/- 3 games from 1100.

Paul (car) has missed.
Not sure if I want you to miss or not, if you miss I slide up 1 spot. But last year when Cliff missed he moved me up a spot and instead he was in the spot that won #2 in the lottery. So Cliff missing GP cost me Laine. But that couldn't possibly happen again right?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Not sure I do slide back. It will probably only add about 5 points. And you're 15 points ahead of me.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to