All talk regarding sports at any level!
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Re: 2010 World Cup South Africa

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONman this horn blowing needs to stop.

It's really getting out of hand IMO and makes the games almost unwatchable.
I don't mind it at all, if it bugs you that much put the tv on mute.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONman this horn blowing needs to stop.

It's really getting out of hand IMO and makes the games almost unwatchable.
I don't mind it at all, if it bugs you that much put the tv on mute.

yeah Kareem, lol....watching soccer on MUTE? That sure sounds like fun...not. It's already tough enough watching it with all these "men" diving around like little bitches when someone touches them, I don't need to add ZERO volume to it too.

Fuck that. I ain't the only person either as it seems it is becoming a global beef. Seems LOTS of people are getting sick and tired of the fucking horn blowing which is why it is all over the news everywhere! Now of course FIFA will probably not do anything about it, which is a shame, but that won't stop me from bitching about it on here! I hear you can't even speak to someone who is sitting right next to you in the stadium because of these things, you have to literally YELL at them.

The world cup comes around once every 4 years and now we have to listen to these fucking horns going off for 90+ minutes straight? What a joke!

LOL already lots of talk about how this is turning into one of the worst world cups in recent memory because of the horns!!!

The soccer has been OK so far but the horns are ruining it, putting my TV on mute isn't the solution that I, nor thousdannnnnnds of other people are looking for either :P.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

You and thousands of other people are anal, I've watched every game of this tournament thus far and have loved it. If some background noise ruins great soccer for you I don't know what to tell you...
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Soccer ruins great soccer for me.. I do like the horns though ;)

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONYou and thousands of other people are anal, I've watched every game of this tournament thus far and have loved it. If some background noise ruins great soccer for you I don't know what to tell you...
lol, "some" background noise? They were testing them and the things are as loud as air raid horns (i think that was what it was compared too).

Oh well...Hey good news for Ivory Coast fans...looks like FIFA is letting Drogba play with the protective slip over his broken arm. Lets see if the Ivory Coast coach uses him..
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONYou and thousands of other people are anal, I've watched every game of this tournament thus far and have loved it. If some background noise ruins great soccer for you I don't know what to tell you...
lol, "some" background noise? They were testing them and the things are as loud as air raid horns (i think that was what it was compared too).

Oh well...Hey good news for Ivory Coast fans...looks like FIFA is letting Drogba play with the protective slip over his broken arm. Lets see if the Ivory Coast coach uses him..
Live...We are both watching soccer at home so it's a moot point, and in case you didn't know I'm South African...I've heard those horns before, and live they are huge there. It's a cultural thing, I personally love it.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON

Live...We are both watching soccer at home so it's a moot point, and in case you didn't know I'm South African...I've heard those horns before, and live they are huge there. It's a cultural thing, I personally love it.
I didn't know you were South African, nope! lol

I understand the fact that they are huge in South Africa and are a cultural thing too. It's just quite annoying to listen to for 90 straight minutes lol. I would much prefer hearing all the different team chants that you normally hear in World Cup Soccer. I think I do have some cred with my complaint here too :P, seems as if BBC is setting up a sort of service where you can mute all the ambient noises but still get the commentary.

If you were to ask me what I would rather listen to...Greg Millens colour commentary or these horns...I would probably have to go with the horns, but that's only because I want to punch my tv every time Greg Millen talks lol.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

I hear ya, believe me, 90 mins is overdoing it, but if you think it's loud on tv...LOL
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONI hear ya, believe me, 90 mins is overdoing it, but if you think it's loud on tv...LOL

Oh man I don't even want to fathom what it is like LIVE. Supposedly if you want to talk to the person next to you while the horns are going, you have to literally scream in their ear and they still might not hear you lol. I suppose I should be glad I get to watch it on TV lol, I can turn the volume down some (still won't mute it lol !!!).
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Two more reasons to be a fan of the World cup.. Well more than two..

Seriously though the football hasn't been of great quality yet, I'm hoping it gets better.
Roster
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

inferno31 wroteCOLONTwo more reasons to be a fan of the World cup.. Well more than two..

Seriously though the football hasn't been of great quality yet, I'm hoping it gets better.
I believe that the players might be effected by the horns. I know lots of them have been complaining bout them too.

As for those chicks. Not much to say bout that is there lol? Hotttttttttiessss

BTW, lol is Spain going to choke AGAIN, in ANOTHER WORLD CUP?! Swiss are good but...lol come on...
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Spain sucks.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

inferno31 wroteCOLONTwo more reasons to be a fan of the World cup.. Well more than two..

first girl seems "nice" ... second is hyper hot, but god damn.... everything about her screams "slut"
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

KapG wroteCOLONI believe that the players might be effected by the horns. I know lots of them have been complaining bout them too.

BTW, lol is Spain going to choke AGAIN, in ANOTHER WORLD CUP?! Swiss are good but...lol come on...
The really X factor in this years world cup is the new Jabulani balls, I have had the displeasure of using them in my summer mens league and they are terrible...The ball bounces more than usual, especially on goal kicks, is completely unpredictable in the air, no two shots are ever the same, which is a disadvantage for both strikers and goaltenders.

As for Spain, I never liked them to win it all, but one game against the Swiss hardly matters IMO. They outplayed them from the first minute on, had Torres been in the starting lineup and healthy and/or Villa been "on" the game could have easily been 3 or 4 to 1.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONI believe that the players might be effected by the horns. I know lots of them have been complaining bout them too.

The really X factor in this years world cup is the new Jabulani balls, I have had the displeasure of using them in my summer mens league and they are terrible...The ball bounces more than usual, especially on goal kicks, is completely unpredictable in the air, no two shots are ever the same, which is a disadvantage for both strikers and goaltenders.

As for Spain, I never liked them to win it all, but one game against the Swiss hardly matters IMO. They outplayed them from the first minute on, had Torres been in the starting lineup and healthy and/or Villa been "on" the game could have easily been 3 or 4 to 1.
I hear complaints about the ball every world cup, is it really that bad? I heard altitude was an issue originally, but shit theres no way world class goalies are fucking up this often. Even when there aren't goals goalies are missing punch outs etc.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

I hear complaints about the ball every world cup, is it really that bad? I heard altitude was an issue originally, but shit theres no way world class goalies are fucking up this often. Even when there aren't goals goalies are missing punch outs etc.
Neel it's that bad...I'm never one to complain about a ball, but this new Jubulani ball is fucking terrible, it follows a completely different flight path than your typical soccer ball. You need look no further than Forlan's first goal for proof of this, a ball is not supposed to dip like that (redirection or not)...
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

Okay, so I looked it up a bit and pretty much the ball is too light and wildly unpredictable..
Why would they do that? lol

Football confuses me in that for a sport with rules about so much that pitches and balls aren't regulated at all. (For those who don't know pitches vary in size, they only have to fit a varied range in size). Baseball varies stadiums too but still.
Roster
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
inferno31 wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

Neel it's that bad...I'm never one to complain about a ball, but this new Jubulani ball is fucking terrible, it follows a completely different flight path than your typical soccer ball. You need look no further than Forlan's first goal for proof of this, a ball is not supposed to dip like that (redirection or not)...
Man, and this is me thinking this Forlan guy had some sort of magical powers with his foot haha.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

inferno31 wroteCOLONOkay, so I looked it up a bit and pretty much the ball is too light and wildly unpredictable..

Football confuses me in that for a sport with rules about so much that pitches and balls aren't regulated at all. (For those who don't know pitches vary in size, they only have to fit a varied range in size). Baseball varies stadiums too but still.
Im a keeper in my leagues and we actually used the ball last night in our game. As a keeper I did hate too...the ball moves a heck of alot faster and theyre right when they say its unpredictable. The ball was randomly dropping on me, wierd horizontal shifts that youd never see with a standard ball. Didnt stop us from winning 2-1 but now I see what the keepers are bitching about!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

inferno31 wroteCOLONOkay, so I looked it up a bit and pretty much the ball is too light and wildly unpredictable..

I believe the ball is performing differently at the altitude they are playing at here in Africa. Thats what I heard at least.

After reading your posts about some of you playing with the ball...maybe I am wrong lol.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to