All talk regarding sports at any level!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Re: NFL

Post by bills09 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONTom Brady willed that field goal wide, bitches.

P.S. Brady > Manning
was that ever a question?
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

Yes it is a question.

Unless you mean E.Manning, who barley deserves the name.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

There's a reason Matt Cassel went 11-5 when Brady went down.
There's a reason Indianapolis went 2-14 when Manning went down.

Manning carries a terrible, terrible team on his back.
Brady has always had an unreal team offensively, defensively and just about every possible aspect of a football team.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

P.S. Brady > Manning
Brady was just awful today.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Shep wroteCOLONThere's a reason Matt Cassel went 11-5 when Brady went down.

Brady has always had an unreal team offensively, defensively and just about every possible aspect of a football team.
Are you honestly telling me this Patriots team would be elite without Brady...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

bills09 wroteCOLON

P.S. Brady > Manning
was that ever a question?
Not in my opinion, no.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

The Pats are good without, elite with Brade... Manning takes the Colts from junk to awesome.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

I'm telling you that a Colts team without Manning goes 2-14. A Patriots team without Brady went 11-5.

You get a quarterback that can dump the ball 5 yards on 90% of the plays, the the team would be fine. Not 3 SB in 4 years fine, but more than capable.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

By that logic there are alot of QB's better than Tom Brady, because X team is worse outside the QB position than the Patriots. Team bias is one of the most common and unfair arguments in pro sports. Athletes have no control over who they play with, and in general great athletes tend to be surrounded by great talent, athletes such as: Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, Fabiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Alex Rodriguez, and Micky Mantle among many others. The strength of a team does not discount the strength of an elite athlete, it is a necessary requirement to contend annually.

The true mark of an elite athlete is the ability to take a good club, and push them over the top, which Brady has done his entire career. There is no way you could say with any certainty that a Manning lead Patriots team would have made 5 Superbowl appearances in the last 15 years, just like there is no way you argue that Manning is a better QB because of the weak supporting cast around him.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Manning is the better quarterback.. nobody has had more control than manning in his team's offence than Manning in this modern era. Plus, have you seen the defences Brady had during his superbowls? Don't tell me that doesn't factor into success. Defense wins championships. Football is a team sport, yet Manning still carries that franchise. The only argument for Brady being superior is rings. Terry Bradshaw won 4... is he better than Brady or Manning? No. Jim Plunkett won 2.. is he better than Peyton? Not even close.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Did you honestly just compare Terry Bradshaw to Tom Brady...In addition to 3 Superbowl rings, Brady owns several all time offensive records, and nowhere did I say that team success didn't factor into Brady's championship, quite the opposite. You may want to re-read what I wrote, what I do find funny is how you and Shep discredit Brady's accomplishments because of his teams strengths, but completely ignore the most significant accomplishment of all. Despite playing on some of the greatest teams in NFL history, alongside innumerable Hall of Famers, Tom Brady was consistently the franchise player of the New England Patriots, and widely regarded as the best player in franchise history. If those teams were as good as you say they were, that is quite the accomplishment.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLONDid you honestly just compare Terry Bradshaw to Tom Brady...In addition to 3 Superbowl rings, Brady owns several all time offensive records, and nowhere did I say that team success didn't factor into Brady's championship, quite the opposite. You may want to re-read what I wrote, what I do find funny is how you and Shep discredit Brady's accomplishments because of his teams strengths, but completely ignore the most significant accomplishment of all. Despite playing on some of the greatest teams in NFL history, alongside innumerable Hall of Famers, Tom Brady was consistently the franchise player of the New England Patriots, and widely regarded as the best player in franchise history. If those teams were as good as you say they were, that is quite the accomplishment.
What i was trying to say is that rings don't measure the ability of a quarterback necessarily. Brady vs Bradshaw is obviously no contest. The quarterback is widely regarded as the most important position. Today's NFL is a quarterback driven league. Any elite quarterback like Brady or Manning would be their team's franchise player. Manning would've easily been the franchise player on those beast patriot teams as well. Manning himself does so much for an offence it's ridiculous. He's practically an offensive co-coordinator out there and is given freedom to call his own shots. That says a lot about his ability. Manning's ability to lead and carry an entire team is second to none.
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

It says even more about the system he plays in...Had Manning played in Bill Belichek's system I promise you he wouldn't be calling his own shots to the extent that he does in Indianapolis.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901

Post by Shep »

FML :)
Peyton Manning will sign a deal with the Broncos

Peyton Manning is finalizing a contract with the Denver Broncos, a league source told NFL Network's Michael Lombardi on Monday.

Manning called Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway on Monday to inform him of his decision.

The Broncos already have looked into a trade of quarterback Tim Tebow and currently are looking for a trade partner, a source told NFL Network's Albert Breer.

Broncos wideout Eric Decker, who had 44 receptions for 612 yards with eight touchdowns in 2011, told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that he expects the offense to change with Manning now under center and that Manning would run the system from the line of scrimmage.

"More of the offense will be in Peyton's hands," Decker said.

The Broncos were one of three finalists for the four-time NFL MVP, as the Tennessee Titans and the San Francisco 49ers fell just short of the Broncos in the race to sign Manning. The Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins also were in the hunt and earned meetings with Manning but ultimately did not make the final three.

Manning personally called Titans owner Bud Adams, who had offered Manning a lifetime contract with the Titans, to let him know of his choice, according to The Tennessean. The newspaper reported that Adams was disappointed, but he was glad his team made a run at the quarterback.

"I was hoping we would win out," Adams told The Tennessean. "I thought we'd be ahead of Denver. I thought he'd want to stay in Tennessee."

Adams told the newspaper that he jokingly told Manning, "He was going into high altitude, so he better start getting in shape."

The Broncos flew to Durham, N.C., to watch Manning throw at nearby Duke University last Friday. The Broncos' contingent was led by Elway, coach John Fox, general manager Brian Xanders, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, quarterbacks coach Adam Gase and medical personnel.
Harrison: Manning's new 'mates
What kind of team is Peyton Manning inheriting in Denver? Elliot Harrison scouts the weapons that'll surround No. 18. More ...

"We enjoyed visiting with Peyton today in N.C.," Elway tweeted after the session. "He threw the ball great and looked very comfortable out there. Watching him throw today was the next step in this important process for our team and Peyton. It was a productive visit and went well."

The Indianapolis Colts released Manning on March 7, ending a 14-year relationship between the team and its franchise quarterback.

The Colts' decision to part ways with the four-time MVP, who has thrown for over 54,000 career yards with 399 touchdowns, did not come as a surprise. Manning missed all of 2011 after undergoing neck surgery the week before the start of the regular season. He was due to receive a $28 million roster bonus if he had been with the Colts, a team currently in rebuilding mode with a new coach and general manager, at the start of the league year.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

should be fun watching the Tebow lovers freak out over this.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I don't get the Bronco's first they start off last year saying Tebow wasn't good enough to be a QB in the league and they were gonna go with Orton. Orton sucks, so they turn to Tebow who actually wins them a few games (whether as a QB, a glorified extra RB or some sort of divine figure that is debatable) and they come out and announce the team will create an offense built around his abilities. The following off-season they sign Manning? Can't keep throwing everyone into the fire, publicly supporting them as the future, and then throwing them under the bus. Doesn't make sense to me. .......

As a Seahawks fan though, quietly excited to see how Matt Flynn fares.....
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

you would be a seahawks fan with a sig like that.

fuck.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Oh you mean a .gif like this?.......

....you had to know it was coming.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

KapG wroteCOLONyou would be a seahawks fan with a sig like that.

fuck.
Don't forget a Senators fan too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to