NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Keith Ballard to Vancouver

Post by shooker »

I fucking love this deal for van. IMO grabner is mason raymond. I wanted to trade one of them didnt care which one, also drafted in 06 and has done what exactly. Bernier just hasnt put it together sure he works hard but at some point you gotta just let him go. I like this deal alot because why did vancouver choke last year? Some say it was lou but honestly our d could clear a rebound. This is a giant step in the right direction imo! Finally adressing our needs instead of just drafting late picks every year.
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Players waived as per Bob M.

Waivers, likely for buyout purposes: Cheechoo (Ottawa), Nokelainen, Vandermeer (Phoenix), Koistinen (Florida), Kotalik (Calgary).
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

How dense is Sutter?

trades for Kotalik only to have to buy him out? could have let Oli leave for free!
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

If he fails to resign Higgins there are going to be alot of ??? surrounding that trade, on top of the pre-existing ones...
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Why the hell would they waive Vandermeer?

He's only 30 making 2mil, and a reliable defenceman, and they are losing Michalek to UFA.

Oh well.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
armandtanzarian

Snipeshow wroteCOLONWhy the hell would they waive Vandermeer?

He's only 30 making 2mil, and a reliable defenceman, and they are losing Michalek to UFA.

Oh well.
Maybe because they expect Gormley to make the roster this season ?
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLON
Snipeshow wroteCOLONWhy the hell would they waive Vandermeer?

Oh well.
Maybe because they expect Gormley to make the roster this season ?
No NHL team would waive a veteran defenceman because they expected an 18 year old defenseman prospect, selected 14 to make it right away...
armandtanzarian

Just like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONJust like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.
Dylan McIlrath isn't a goon...And even at 5 Gormley was a long shot at best to make the NHL. I don't deny that he may make the team out of camp, my argument is in regards to your comment that the Coyotes let go of a veteran defenceman because of the off chance that their newly acquired prospect may make it out of camp. Think about that for a second...It would be like the Leafs dealing Grabo because they were confident Kadri could slot in as a #2 centerman.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

god i hope the leafs do that :)
armandtanzarian

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
mr. bruin wroteCOLONJust like no NHL team would pass on a 4th and 5th ranked top prospect in a draft to pick a goon at 10th overall? Lol, I wouldnt be surprised at much in the NHL.
Dylan McIlrath isn't a goon...And even at 5 Gormley was a long shot at best to make the NHL. I don't deny that he may make the team out of camp, my argument is in regards to your comment that the Coyotes let go of a veteran defenceman because of the off chance that their newly acquired prospect may make it out of camp. Think about that for a second...It would be like the Leafs dealing Grabo because they were confident Kadri could slot in as a #2 centerman.
I understand that. McIlrath isnt a goon but hes not a top 10 pick either when you have the likes of Gormely or fowler on the board. And i am confused by your reply. gormley at 5 was a long shot to make the NHL but you don't deny that he could make the team out of camp?

Not a good comparison though, to the Leafs. Vandermeer was making 2.3 million. Thats too much for a guy that should be a 3rd pairing defensmeman. And if we had more options with our damn smileys, i would have posted this after my comment Image
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLON
MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
I understand that. McIlrath isnt a goon but hes not a top 10 pick either when you have the likes of Gormely or fowler on the board. And i am confused by your reply. gormley at 5 was a long shot to make the NHL but you don't deny that he could make the team out of camp?

Not a good comparison though, to the Leafs. Vandermeer was making 2.3 million. Thats too much for a guy that should be a 3rd pairing defensmeman. And if we had more options with our damn smileys, i would have posted this after my comment Image
Any 18 year old not named Hall is a longshot to make the team out of camp, but guys like Gormley have the talent level to impress enough to get a shot, that's what I meant by it.
armandtanzarian

That is quite young and he should benefit from a year in the minors with a taste here and there of the big leagues. Probably play the 9 games before they make the final decision. Hopefully he turns enough heads to make the brass keep him up. not likely though.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

HOLY FAAKKKK Burkie... i know sometimes no move is better then a bad move... However I need something!!! extend Kulemin.... Hanson even... maybe Primeau...
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville for Dan Ellis and Dustin Boyd
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

bills09 wroteCOLONSergei Kostitsyn to Nashville for Dan Ellis and Dustin Boyd
Ellis is a UFA so its his rights for 2 days, Boyds an RFA.
Roster
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

inferno31 wroteCOLON Ellis is a UFA so its his rights for 2 days, Boyds an RFA.
Boyd was not given a qualifying offer by nashville and thus would of also been a ufa
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Sergei Kostitsyn to Nashville

Post by The BBKL Insider »

If they can get Kostitsyn under contract I like this deal for Nashville to be honest.

I still think this kid is a gem.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

SK could explode for sure

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

lol. eventually gotta call an apple an apple; and a bad apple a bad apple.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to