NHL Transactions, Injuries & Rumours

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
armandtanzarian

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Horton to Boston

Post by armandtanzarian »

Yea, I will reserve judgement until I see a few games. He had all the hype but never did fully fulfill. Hes been stuck in a wasteland and I do think he plays a style that will get him some fans in Boston. Worst think that could happen is we get another Ryder...ugh...and the 15th overall pick turns out to be a stud!
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Don't get me wrong, it's the right move for Boston. Let's just hope Horton can pick it up.

Solid deal for both teams. Wideman should turn it around and that 15th overall pick could be a stud (Granlund anybody?)

Horton needed a change of scenery. Badly. And Gregory Campbell likes to touch men. So worst case scenario, they have bum sex on tape for the Bruins to watch.
Last edited by 1 on Shep, edited 0 times in total.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

mr. bruin wroteCOLONIf that finger had a nice chocolate shit ring around it, i would be under the assumption it was your boyfriends, but since its clean i can only assume its what you get most days while trying to make new friends in the real world.
It's funny, the only time I get the finger is when I mention that I know you....
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Snipeshow wroteCOLONLet's just hope Horton can pick it up.
Are you high, why would you hope for that...
armandtanzarian

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
mr. bruin wroteCOLONIf that finger had a nice chocolate shit ring around it, i would be under the assumption it was your boyfriends, but since its clean i can only assume its what you get most days while trying to make new friends in the real world.
It's funny, the only time I get the finger is when I mention that I know you....
nah. That just means they are saying FU, no way in hell you know that dude. Hes too mutha fucking bad ass for you! 8-)
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

bruins raped HARDDDDDDDD....

horton was a hair under PPG last year (and thats playing hurt as well, and missing line-mates)

with decent line-mates he's a 30goal man... and they aren't the crash the net goals... he's got a wicked shot... and is creative... add in his size

personally he's my choice for the guy that goes from a normal-ish top 6 player and becomes a top end forward. and that was before this trade... now he gets to play with the pressure of a hockey market (positive for him), much improved line-mates & the awesome culture that is the bruins.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Snipeshow wroteCOLONLet's just hope Horton can pick it up.
Are you high, why would you hope for that...
Yeah that was stupid.

For Boston's sake, they should hope. For our sake, I hope Horton crumbles and retires.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
armandtanzarian

I love Nick's analysis. Lets roll with that. I also read a few comparisons of people saying Remember Cam Neely before Boston? No, not so much. Heres to hoping Horton fuels off of the pressure and intense atmosphere of Boston. Not much to be pumped about in Florida with an empty rink...Some players need that intensity and I think Horton is one of them. He has never had the chance. He will now.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Plekanec re-signs...

Post by KapG »

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325383

30 mill over 6 years or something?

LOL way to go montreal, keep signing those tiny C's!!

I personally think this is a TERRIBLE signing for MTL.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooops. Thanks for transferring this to the right spot lol!!!!!!
armandtanzarian

Re: NHL Transactions Thread- Horton to Boston/Plekanec Re-si

Some words from Horton:

The centerpiece of the deal is the 25-year-old Horton, the third overall pick from the once-in-a-generation 2003 draft in which top-shelf stars such as Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Mike Richards, and Corey Perry were selected later in the first round.

“I think I have more to give,’’ Horton said during a conference call. “I’ll be working pretty hard this summer. I want to come in in the best shape.

“I’m just excited for a change. It’s going to be great. I think it’s going to work out good.’’

The 6-foot-2-inch, 229-pound right wing had 20 goals and 37 assists in 65 games in 2009-10, averaging 20:53 of ice time per appearance. He missed 17 games because of a broken leg caused by a shot from Dennis Seidenberg, his former Florida teammate with whom he’ll be reunited in Boston.

Oh baby. He is gonna breakout. ppg player. book it.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Plekanec re-signs...

Post by Shoalzie »

KapG wroteCOLONhttp://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325383

Wooooooooooooooooooooooops. Thanks for transferring this to the right spot lol!!!!!!

He's a good player but that's a healthy cap number...they've got some big bread tied up in a few forwards. That Gomez contract is an eye sore compared to the others though.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Re: Plekanec re-signs...

Post by KapG »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONhttp://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325383

He's a good player but that's a healthy cap number...they've got some big bread tied up in a few forwards. That Gomez contract is an eye sore compared to the others though.
hey don't get me wrong bro, Pleks is definitely a good player. But so good a player as to get 5 mill per year over 6 years? iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't know about that! Not to mention they already have enough tiny forwards in their top-6, one of the reasons they got handeld so handly by philly.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Ditto dude, 5M is an expensive #2 IMO... especially one who lacks size & compete level.

but I'm probably the biggest plek hater... he's just not a Nick type player...
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

facey wroteCOLONDitto dude, 5M is an expensive #2 IMO... especially one who lacks size & compete level.

He was top 10 among all centers in points, shtoi, fow, assists, and pp pts. To criticize him on size is moot because he makes up for it with quick hands and tremendous posisitioning, and to question his compete level is complete and utter BS, he was the best forward on either end of the ice for the Habs all season, and was tremendous for the Czechs in the olympics. He wasn't great in the playoffs, but that can be attributed to a long season.

He put up 5 million dollar numbers this season, and in 08, the question with him is how consistent can he be over the duration of that contract.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Among Centres:
14th in PTS
7th in FOW, however brutal FO% (49).
not in the top 30 for take-aways bs or hits
11th in shtoi
15th in assists
not in the top 30 for pp goals
19th for PP points
60th for SH points

so to be clear Kareem... he was top-10 in 1 stat (FOW) and thats because of a lack of decent centres on the Habs (as shown by 49%).
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

facey wroteCOLONDitto dude, 5M is an expensive #2 IMO... especially one who lacks size & compete level.

I'm with you Nick on everything here EXCEPT Pleks' compete level.. he is a hard working player!

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

Raptactics wroteCOLON

I'm with you Nick on everything here EXCEPT Pleks' compete level.. he is a hard working player!
In someways, i agree he skates himself breathless and is a committed athlete, however i think he works for himself in many regards and not for the team... and in that i mean the sacrifice, which I guess I group with work ethic.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON

He was top 10 among all centers in points, shtoi, fow, assists, and pp pts. To criticize him on size is moot because he makes up for it with quick hands and tremendous posisitioning, and to question his compete level is complete and utter BS, he was the best forward on either end of the ice for the Habs all season, and was tremendous for the Czechs in the olympics. He wasn't great in the playoffs, but that can be attributed to a long season.

He put up 5 million dollar numbers this season, and in 08, the question with him is how consistent can he be over the duration of that contract.

so when does the NHL plan to shorten the season?

EDIT

YES I forgot about the olympics...see my next post though lol.
Last edited by 1 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044

Post by Nick »

I think Kareem was referencing the olympics... which truly does make it a STUPID long season for many players... who were at olympic camps, training camps, pre-season top 6, regular season top 6, olympic top 6, and then playoffs top 6....

but your right... all the top Centres aside from Kopitar & Savard had LOOONNNGGGG ass seasons.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

facey wroteCOLONI think Kareem was referencing the olympics... which truly does make it a STUPID long season for many players... who were at olympic camps, training camps, pre-season top 6, regular season top 6, olympic top 6, and then playoffs top 6....

but your right... all the top Centres aside from Kopitar & Savard had LOOONNNGGGG ass seasons.

Good point, I really wasn't thinking of the olympics. But come on, its not like those olympic games are physical grueling slug matches. It's all finesse pussy footing hockey.

Agreed on your second post, every other Top C had a long season too.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to