Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

SensFanJosh named new Calgary GM!

Post by kyuss »

Starting a new thread just to make it official and clear:

SensFanJosh is the new Calgary GM.

Congrats and good luck!.. he clearly needs it with that team.

His trade buddy has yet to be officially determined, but should happen shortly.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Re: SensFanJosh named new Calgary GM!

Post by inferno31 »

congrats and good luck. The BBKL franchise has been run as shitty as the real one! +1 BBKL realism.
Roster
Mash
PostsCOLON 2135
JoinedCOLON Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am
LocationCOLON Hamilton Ontario

Post by Mash »

Haha, well deserved! Good luck Josh!
Kareem R
(9:31:36PM): watching them lose games like this in regulation is chicken soup for the soul bitch monkey
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619
JoinedCOLON Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Chris »

Welcome to the elite 29, Josh! I'm the horribad GM of this league, so feel free to give me a fleecing.
Scott
PostsCOLON 7701
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:21 pm
LocationCOLON London, Ontario

Post by Scott »

Congrats man

BACK-TO-BACK BBKL CHAMPIONS!!! 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Would like to thank everyone who has given me the okay to join the league. I look forward to a long, and fruitful tenure as GM of the Flames, and hope to give the fans the team they deserve.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

This CC decision is proof positive that whining, complaining, and pissing Kyle off gets things done around here.
armandtanzarian

Post by armandtanzarian »

Cuntacular Chris wroteCOLONThis CC decision is proof positive that whining, complaining, and pissing Kyle off gets things done around here.
You are so far from the truth its laughable. How did you piss me off and how does it relate to naming a new GM for Calgary? We have made so many mistakes with hiring new GM's in the past that we were not going to let it happen again. We want to make sure that people are in for the long haul and know their shit. If you want a change or feel you are wronged in one way or another follow the approach that everyone else uses. Bring it up with an admin or CC member and its gets posted up for discussion. Blazing new trails and trying to be "that guy" gets you know where. Your approach is second hat to anything Kareem has already done. You are trying to pioneer tactics that are already under his belt. Stop trying to steal his fame. ;)

Congrats Josh. Good to have you aboard. I think you will be a great fit for this league and we are excited to have you aboard.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

the newest gm of the calgary franks
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

mr. bruin wroteCOLON
Cuntacular Chris wroteCOLONThis CC decision is proof positive that whining, complaining, and pissing Kyle off gets things done around here.
You are so far from the truth its laughable. How did you piss me off and how does it relate to naming a new GM for Calgary? We have made so many mistakes with hiring new GM's in the past that we were not going to let it happen again. We want to make sure that people are in for the long haul and know their shit. If you want a change or feel you are wronged in one way or another follow the approach that everyone else uses. Bring it up with an admin or CC member and its gets posted up for discussion. Blazing new trails and trying to be "that guy" gets you know where. Your approach is second hat to anything Kareem has already done. You are trying to pioneer tactics that are already under his belt. Stop trying to steal his fame. ;)

Congrats Josh. Good to have you aboard. I think you will be a great fit for this league and we are excited to have you aboard.
I made you type all that, so it looks like whatever Kareem pioneered on the internet works.
armandtanzarian

Arian wroteCOLONthe newest gm of the calgary franks
Yea...Frank has damaged two franchises. Dallas and the Flames. To his credit he did have some nice pieces at certain times but any time he got one he liquidated it off. Some people can cycle and continually get better. Frank couldn't do that. Hopefully Josh has a blend of patience and mad skills to build up a great team. I mean Lee has done AMAZING things with a very little amount of time. With what he got when he came into this league and what he has now, i think he should be the designated trade buddy for Josh. He knows what it takes. And can bring a perspective no one else in here can, imo.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

I think Scott is just as good of a trade buddy. Over the short period of time I've been talking to him, I use him and Chuck as my two go-to guys for trade offers when I need an opinion. I disliked Lee at first, but he's grown on me, and he's clearly a GM with a plan. Can't go wrong with Lee or Scott or Chuck.
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

Ill be one cheeky trade buddy. Can also supply with gifs
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

yay ...
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

mr. bruin wroteCOLON
Yea...Frank has damaged two franchises. Dallas and the Flames. To his credit he did have some nice pieces at certain times but any time he got one he liquidated it off. Some people can cycle and continually get better. Frank couldn't do that. Hopefully Josh has a blend of patience and mad skills to build up a great team. I mean Lee has done AMAZING things with a very little amount of time. With what he got when he came into this league and what he has now, i think he should be the designated trade buddy for Josh. He knows what it takes. And can bring a perspective no one else in here can, imo.
Other than the paperwork, Frank did wonders while he was the GM of Dallas.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
armandtanzarian

Maybe I am getting confused then. How many gm's have been in Dallas? What the fuck happened between Dallas and Calgary? What he took over from JayCarton was a thousand times better than the state it is in now.
Robin Hood
PostsCOLON 13589
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Robin Hood »

mr. bruin wroteCOLON
To be fair Kyle, Frank was the reason Dallas owned 1st and 2nd overall at this year's draft and turned that team around a LOT. Definitely not as good of a job with Calgary though. I never hated the guy like many did here.
Chris
PostsCOLON 3619

Post by Chris »

That's because you anally raped him time and time again, Shiv lol
armandtanzarian

SuperMario wroteCOLON
mr. bruin wroteCOLON
To be fair Kyle, Frank was the reason Dallas owned 1st and 2nd overall at this year's draft and turned that team around a LOT. Definitely not as good of a job with Calgary though. I never hated the guy like many did here.
Oh for sure. I know he did a lot of great things. I don't hate anyone on the internet. I do not understand how someone can say they hate someone they have never been wronged by in real life? I talked to Frank many times and while extra annoying at most times the guy still meant well. He was just horrible at following rules in this league and had no organization along with multiple questionable trades. Whatever..another page in bbkl history.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

Congrats Josh!

Couple of things..

1) I agree that Lee would be a good candidate for being Josh's trade buddy.
2) Shep/Shiv/Tony..please make this guy a sig that doesn't make me rip my eyes out. Pleaseeeeeeeee
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to