3rd year.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Re: Leafs trade Beachemin

Post by Nick »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
facey wroteCOLON
Eaves [his coach] said he doesn't project Gardiner as a first-unit power play quarterback or shooter in the NHL, but added he could easily see him as a second power play unit shooter.
If he makes it (as an NHLer), I think he'll be a top four defenceman because of his skating ability and his first pass.
He is ppg in his second year in college hockey...When did his coach make these comments, out of curiosity?
Today.
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
LocationCOLON Mississauga, Ontario
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Yeah, I just the read article, what I don't like is that the main criticisms of Gardiner aren't in quotes, they are paraphrased by Mac which can often be misleading, who knows if eaves was taken out of context, etc. In any case, I disagree with all of the above, I'm high on Gardiner, and believe we got a damn good prospect, I am interested to hear what Burke has to say about him.
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

Lupul turns 28 in 8 months. He's not exactly "young" ..
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

Snipeshow wroteCOLONLupul turns 28 in 8 months. He's not exactly "young" ..
28 is relatively young.
Nick
PostsCOLON 16044
JoinedCOLON Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Nick »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
Snipeshow wroteCOLONLupul turns 28 in 8 months. He's not exactly "young" ..
28 is relatively young.
W/O the back injuries & high cap there is no way he'd be available at this price, this is a buy low and hope he regains form situation, great move by BB.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm
LocationCOLON Pickering, Ontario

Post by bills09 »

2 more years at 4.2 sucks tho.
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Burke stated in the presser, that Keith Aulie was to be called up and he saw him in a top 4 role.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Burke said today that he won't be resigning Kaberle.

Home run with this deal, and a down looking on strike with Kaberle.
Mash
PostsCOLON 2135
JoinedCOLON Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am
LocationCOLON Hamilton Ontario

Post by Mash »

Great trade for Toronto, Lupul still has a lot of good hockey left in him, hes still young and worked really hard to get healthy. It looks good.

NCAA hockey fans would 100% say this is a STEAL for Toronto, ive watched 4 or 5 WISC games this year and Gardiner is a SUPER stud. Makes really good choices with the puck, very strong two way forward and let me say you better get your Palmolive ready cause hes DISHES ARE DIRTY! ya diiiggg

Go leafs.
Kareem R
(9:31:36PM): watching them lose games like this in regulation is chicken soup for the soul bitch monkey
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Whats the condition on the 4th?
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

I tuned into the press conference in the middler of burke saying

"we will not ask Gardiner to leave college, but he has a spot on this team if he decides its time to take his career to the next level"

does burke mean this year or next?
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

sgupca wroteCOLONI tuned into the press conference in the middler of burke saying

"we will not ask Gardiner to leave college, but he has a spot on this team if he decides its time to take his career to the next level"

does burke mean this year or next?
Marlies next year I would imagine.
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
bills09
PostsCOLON 9280

Post by bills09 »

Kezia wroteCOLONBurke said today that he won't be resigning Kaberle.

Home run with this deal, and a down looking on strike with Kaberle.
He never once said he wont be resigning Kaberle.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

bills09 wroteCOLON2 more years at 4.2 sucks tho.
Probably why Anaheim gave us Gardiner and a 4th as well.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
anton
PostsCOLON 7111
JoinedCOLON Mon May 10, 2010 10:03 pm
LocationCOLON Orange County

Post by anton »

lol at 28 "not being young". lupul is now entering about 4 years of prime.

he's still "young".
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

4th if Lupul plays 40 games+ on our reserve list in 2012 season, 6th if he doesn't I think.

Essentially its a 4th if we don't trade him a 6th if we do.

I actually think losing Beauch is going to hurt us, he eats up big minutes against other teams top players. Having said that, its a role Aulie I think can handle quite well down the road. I absolutely love getting Gardener, think hes an absolute stud. Lot of talk about him leaving college next season, likely Marlie bound for a year. However, if Kaberle is not coming back (which at no point did Burke even insinuate) he could make this team out of camp as a puck mover.

Lupul as Burke himself has said is consistent, hes consistently scored even with his minutes and opportunities going down. I think he could be a huge boost to our powerplay and give Kessel more time to find a lane as well. The number's we've seen from him this season are with 3rd line minutes essentially. He has had the back injury worries, but got unlucky getting an infection to follow. He claims to be 100% as of right now, but I think next season he'll really blossom into a bonafide top 6 player. Our team once again gets younger, and adds another prospect to the cupboard. I'm very curious to see where Lupul will slot in, hes played all 3 forward positions. Also who does Phaneuf line up with now? I can't imagine Aulie getting all those minutes, wouldn't mind seeing him play more with Schenn maybe? I'm very satisfied with this deal.
Roster
MSP4LYFE
PostsCOLON 11503
CONTACTCOLON

Post by MSP4LYFE »

inferno31 wroteCOLON4th if Lupul plays 40 games+ on our reserve list in 2012 season, 6th if he doesn't I think.

I actually think losing Beauch is going to hurt us, he eats up big minutes against other teams top players. Having said that, its a role Aulie I think can handle quite well down the road. I absolutely love getting Gardener, think hes an absolute stud. Lot of talk about him leaving college next season, likely Marlie bound for a year. However, if Kaberle is not coming back (which at no point did Burke even insinuate) he could make this team out of camp as a puck mover.

Lupul as Burke himself has said is consistent, hes consistently scored even with his minutes and opportunities going down. I think he could be a huge boost to our powerplay and give Kessel more time to find a lane as well. The number's we've seen from him this season are with 3rd line minutes essentially. He has had the back injury worries, but got unlucky getting an infection to follow. He claims to be 100% as of right now, but I think next season he'll really blossom into a bonafide top 6 player. Our team once again gets younger, and adds another prospect to the cupboard. I'm very curious to see where Lupul will slot in, hes played all 3 forward positions. Also who does Phaneuf line up with now? I can't imagine Aulie getting all those minutes, wouldn't mind seeing him play more with Schenn maybe? I'm very satisfied with this deal.
I don't view Beauchemin as a huge loss, for starters he was misplayed badly here, he isn't near as effective when he's forced be proactive with the puck, and pinch. Regardless, I view him and Komisarek in the same light, so I think he will be able to replace those minutes easily. He should be paired with Phaneuf, and I expect Aulie to play regularly with Gunner on the bottom pairing.

Also, Lupul can't play the LS well at all, it isn't even an option he is so bad there. Expect to see him used solely as a RW.
inferno31
PostsCOLON 1805
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:15 pm
LocationCOLON NYC

Post by inferno31 »

MSP4LYFE wroteCOLON
inferno31 wroteCOLON4th if Lupul plays 40 games+ on our reserve list in 2012 season, 6th if he doesn't I think.

I don't view Beauchemin as a huge loss, for starters he was misplayed badly here, he isn't near as effective when he's forced be proactive with the puck, and pinch. Regardless, I view him and Komisarek in the same light, so I think he will be able to replace those minutes easily. He should be paired with Phaneuf, and I expect Aulie to play regularly with Gunner on the bottom pairing.

Also, Lupul can't play the LS well at all, it isn't even an option he is so bad there. Expect to see him used solely as a RW.
Yeah Lupul is pretty poor on the LS, its been tried before though. He has played some Center before. Beauch isn't a player who is going to be fancy at all in what he does, but he eats up huge minutes against top opposition, that'll be missed. Especially if you think of who the minutes will go to, likely Komi and Aulie, your going to see a lot more mistakes made against top opposition and a lot more of that will end up in our net. Beauch is far less mistake prone than Komi has been in his tenure with the Leafs. I was never a huge fan of him in Toronto, but I know inserting Komi, Aulie or gunnar into those minutes he ate is going to result in more defensive lapses.

As for Gardiner lots of praise about his skating ability, but some question his first few strides. Hes also made great passes but is prone to making suspect decisions sometimes, par for the course in a young player though.
Roster
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to