Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Detroit Trading Block: 2023 Offseason

Post by Shoalzie »

I have two sets of plans for the 1st round of the draft that revolves around the lottery results:

1. If I move up to #1 or #2, I'm using the pick and I will not entertain trade offers of any kind.

2. If I stay where I'm at (7th overall) or even drop a spot or two, the option to trade down and acquire extra pick(s) is very much in-play. I don't want to move back very far if I do trade down.

= = = = =

Roster-wise, I can see myself standing pat in the offseason given a lot of my lineup needs were addressed from the previous summer. If a bargain buy for a roster player is out there, I'll consider it. I'm getting more of my draftees under NHL contracts so homegrown organizational depth is progressing.

= = = = =

Trade Pieces to Watch:
  • Casey Mittelstadt -- Had a breakout season, very happy to see his production carryover after I acquired him. Since he's coming up on the final year of a cheap contract, he might be a deadline option if his play carries over to next season.
  • Cam Talbot -- A lot will depend on where he signs. I should be comfortable with him and Montembeault as my goalie duo assuming Talbot goes somewhere and he's getting plenty of starts.
  • Jason Zucker/James van Riemsdyk/Kyle Okposo -- 3 veteran wingers that will be UFAs this summer. Zucker will probably get a healthy new deal after a strong season in Pittsburgh. I'm hope Okposo and JVR sign more cap-friendly deals and make them future trade pieces.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to