Hey everyone

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Re: Hey everyone

Post by dave1959 »

he hasn't posted since May/22, I'd say he's left the building.
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

Post by Oley49 »

Yeah that was a while ago. well Ill take VAN if that's fine with you guys. no rush anyways. can take care of stuff once playoffs are completed
also good luck to those who are still playing
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

We haven't spoken to him and he is a long time member. (10 years) Hold your horses lol.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

Matthew wroteCOLON Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:39 pm We haven't spoken to him and he is a long time member. (10 years) Hold your horses lol.
not like I said right now or anything, no rush but still I'd prefer that team if available. but if not I'll take one of the others that is
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The main objective is to have all the (potential) vacancies filled prior to our draft in June.

Even if you took over a team right now, there's no trades until after the season is over. When we get more clarity with GMs's plans for next year, we'll give a chance to pick your spot and I'll get you set up on Fantrax and Google.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

cool sounds good, I didnt think I would get access till the league was renewed before the draft anyways.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, I'll get us switched over on Fantrax for '23-24 as soon as that's available.

And I do want to mention this to you and everyone else, we could be moving to ProBoards next season. If we do that, it will be done prior to our draft in June. I put it at a 75% likelihood right now.

I signed up for a ProBoards forum for us and I've started putting in the desired forums and sub-forums. I don't want to abandon this current forum entirely from an historical standpoint but I think our league activity will benefit from a change. I'd like to make sure I can secure this forum's database so I keep it for our records.

New and exciting things ahead (potentially) for us.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:09 am Yeah, I'll get us switched over on Fantrax for '23-24 as soon as that's available.

And I do want to mention this to you and everyone else, we could be moving to ProBoards next season. If we do that, it will be done prior to our draft in June. I put it at a 75% likelihood right now.

I signed up for a ProBoards forum for us and I've started putting in the desired forums and sub-forums. I don't want to abandon this current forum entirely from an historical standpoint but I think our league activity will benefit from a change. I'd like to make sure I can secure this forum's database so I keep it for our records.

ProBoards is infinitely better - that will be a huge.
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

a discord channel for talking trades and stuff wouldnt be a bad idea too.
unless you want to refresh a forum over and over again like your living in the stone age
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:09 am Yeah, I'll get us switched over on Fantrax for '23-24 as soon as that's available.

awesome!!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Oh this is exciting! Very cool
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Oley49 wroteCOLON Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:11 pm a discord channel for talking trades and stuff wouldnt be a bad idea too.
unless you want to refresh a forum over and over again like your living in the stone age
I think Billy (Ottawa) had set up a discord once but no one was using it
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

KapG wroteCOLON Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:06 am
Oley49 wroteCOLON Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:11 pm a discord channel for talking trades and stuff wouldnt be a bad idea too.
I heard that too, even if no one uses the discord for chatting, using it for trade talk is so much better than refreshing a forum
atleast imo. been like 2 years since I really used the in forum message thing to talk trades
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Oley49 wroteCOLON Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:37 pm
I heard that too, even if no one uses the discord for chatting, using it for trade talk is so much better than refreshing a forum
atleast imo. been like 2 years since I really used the in forum message thing to talk trades
wouldn't you need to be in a private chat anyway to negotiate a trade? what's the difference in doing that on Discord rather than, say, on Telegram?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Or group whatsapp
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

kyuss wroteCOLON Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:11 am
Oley49 wroteCOLON Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:37 pm
wouldn't you need to be in a private chat anyway to negotiate a trade? what's the difference in doing that on Discord rather than, say, on Telegram?
Something wrong with discord? I dunno I neverheard of a telegram app and I wont waste my time with Whats App. Ive had it before and I deleted it. Id rather not have to get your cell phone numbers. discord can be used through an app or just on the internet.

and yeah u would need to be in a private chat to negotiate trades but its just a normal DM. no refreshing needed
Welchie5
PostsCOLON 115
JoinedCOLON Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Welchie5 »

Hijacking the thread for a minute:

I'm not sure what the protocol is or how many GMs we may need but I have a buddy who I believe would be a good addition to the league - knows his stuff.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Welchie5 wroteCOLON Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:39 pm Hijacking the thread for a minute:

I'm not sure what the protocol is or how many GMs we may need but I have a buddy who I believe would be a good addition to the league - knows his stuff.
Yes
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Love it, thanks man. We'll have some vacancies to fill this spring.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Oley49 wroteCOLON Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:23 pm and yeah u would need to be in a private chat to negotiate trades but its just a normal DM. no refreshing needed
like any other chat then, so no need to specifically use Discord for that.

I don't think you need to share your cell phone numbers on Telegram to chat btw.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to