2023 Draft Discussion

Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

2023 Draft Discussion

Post by Shoalzie »

I don't think anyone is going to overtake Bedard like a few players overtook Wright last spring but Adam Fantilli looks really good right now for Michigan.

I definitely want to catch a game Yost at least once this season to see him, Luke Hughes and my guy Rutger. McGroarty had a hat trick on Saturday against WMU.

Bedard is basically at 2 points per game clip for the Pats. Anyone keeping up on Michkov?
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: 2023 Draft Discussion

Post by kyuss »

Michkov is back from the knee injury suffered early on from former Hab Emelin's hit and back scoring of course.

6 goals in 6 VHL games is hardly sustainable, the highest pace ever for goals by an U19 player in that league was recorded by Chibrikov last year at 0.54 in his post draft year. Similar pace for Nichushkin (0.53) in his draft year.
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Good timing, for those ewho have a sub to the Athletic, Scott Wheeler released his top 64 prospects for the 2023 entry draft.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

After my team had a big week last week, I think we now have a defined split in the standings between the bottom 6 and the next pack of teams that are likely to miss the playoffs. Counting this week, we have only 6 weeks left in the season.

I'm pretty much at the point where I don't count on getting lucky with the lottery being 7th in the order...just need to settle on some names I like in the pack of guys outside the top 5.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:07 pm After my team had a big week last week, I think we now have a defined split in the standings between the bottom 6 and the next pack of teams that are likely to miss the playoffs. Counting this week, we have only 6 weeks left in the season.

I'm pretty much at the point where I don't count on getting lucky with the lottery being 7th in the order...just need to settle on some names I like in the pack of guys outside the top 5.
Or trade the pick for a ransom! :o
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Mark your calendars, Bedard Day is Monday, May 8.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2023-nhl-draft ... -342268574
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Do we have an official final standings available?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Brian wroteCOLON Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:57 am Do we have an official final standings available?

I'll get something lottery-related posted this weekend now that our regular season is over. I don't know if we have any adjustments that need to be made for teams that missed on the minimum for goalie starts.

I have the Fantrax standings saved in Excel. I keep a Google sheet of the standings in my draft sheets that builds the draft order. Obviously no spots in the first round are official until the lottery occurs and until some teams are eliminated from our playoffs.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Here are the lottery rankings (without adjustments):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:08 am Here are the lottery rankings (without adjustments):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Thanks.

Looks like only 3 lottery picks were traded and none inside the top 9, probably unprecedented in BBKL history #ConnorBedard
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Remember, the Sharks pick is top 5 protected so you're either getting a pick in the teens or you're getting his pick next year. The Sharks at 11 is the last possible spot that can jump to #1. Picks 12-16 can only jump 10 positions if they're drawn.

I did update the draft order based on the playoff results but that was while I thought the Sabres were advancing. The order on the Google is not official...I'll fix it tonight. The Flyers pick will be in the last 4 spots in the 29-32 range since they advanced.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If you need a refresher on the new draft odds:

https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:55 am Remember, the Sharks pick is top 5 protected so you're either getting a pick in the teens or you're getting his pick next year.
oh yeah, I know.
Which means only 1 pick can bring Bedard to a different owner than the teams that finished in the bottom 10... guess who that is?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I deserve it, I didn't even win this year haha
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

my 0.8 chance!

WOOOHOOO!!!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The weighting of the odds are strange. When you're #6 or higher, your odds of dropping back are higher than the odds of staying in place.

At #7, I'm the first position where the odds of dropping back either 1 or 2 spots are less than the odds of staying at my spot.

#1 has basically a 1/4 chance of staying #1...close to 75% chance of picking 2nd or 3rd.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Final rankings out for Central Scouting:

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-releases-f ... =277764372

Carlsson over Michkov as the top European skater.
TheNudge
PostsCOLON 290
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by TheNudge »

After going undrafted, Hudson Thornton- D had a amazing year (23g-51a in 68gp). How good is the kid ? Hopefully he’ll get drafted this year. I just can’t wait for our upcoming draft to begin.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The U18 tournament has gone mostly according to form. Slovakia leading Finland right now is a bit of a surprise. Canada got hammered in the opener against Sweden but they've looked good since.

Czechia tends to be a thorn in Team USA's side in knockout stages in these tournaments so that was good to see them win this morning. That's a fun team to watch...really been impressed with Cole Eiserman in the small sample I've seen. There's something to be said about being able to keep a familiar line together...Perreault-Smith-Leonard is a very effective line.
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

TheNudge wroteCOLON Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:09 am After going undrafted, Hudson Thornton- D had a amazing year (23g-51a in 68gp). How good is the kid ? Hopefully he’ll get drafted this year. I just can’t wait for our upcoming draft to begin.
I’d be surprised if he goes undrafted, for sure. He excels at a clean breakout, very patient with the puck and finding a clean a first pass. Not a great shot, not super creative, but quality.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to