Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Google Sheets (2022 Release)

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON My big picture goal would be to build an actual web interface and move away from these online spreadsheets. That's going to be at least a year down the road. I'm almost hitting the limit of what we can do on a spreadsheet
but do we really need more than this? :ugeek:

While I like doing this entirely on Google sheets, I will always look for other ways to deliver this same information and can I make it easier to update on my end and can I make it easier for you guys to use.

I can keep adding information and visual elements to the sheets but at a bare minimum these sheets do what we need them to do. The end goal is for all of you know you're using a legal lineup (based on our rules) inside Fantrax.

Fantrax is still the most important tool in all this. How else are we going to collect the stats and get quick results? It just lacks a few details where we could almost abandon using these sheets. The sheets basically serves as a way to validate your roster and your lineup.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Scott Harrington signs 1 yr 750k SJS
https://www.capfriendly.com/players/scott-harrington
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yup and Beaulieu signed with the Ducks and de Haan signed with the Hurricanes. I always wonder how many of these PTOs lead to an actual contract.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Please no comments in the Roster Submission thread. PM me any questions or post your questions here.

I'll be recording the demo on the new sheet later today. I'll probably just have it posted on my webspace and you can hopefully just watch it without having to download the file.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

My screen sharing tutorial is recorded and uploaded to my webspace. The link is in the first post of the thread.

20 minutes long; could been shorter but I'm happy with how turned out. The file is 30 MB so hopefully it won't take long to download and watch.

As I say in the video, get a hold of me if you additional questions.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

def going on that if i get to hear shoalzies voice
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

Man, the sheets are quick and smooth on mobile. I really like it!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLON Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:13 pm def going on that if i get to hear shoalzies voice

Imagine a mild-mannered nerdy father of one in his early 40s...

I'm worried about how my voice sounds but I bought a podcast microphone and I thought turned out pretty well.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I will get caught up on transactions from the last 24 hours.

Thanks to those who their rosters in already.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

1) Do I have the mobile version or PC version?
2) How do we get player team logo, player pic, player waiver status logo on the sheet to appear while i browse mobile? seems that they only show up if i view it on PC
3) Mason McTavish should be a C as per FT, but still shows up as W on sheet
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLON Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:09 am 1) Do I have the mobile version or PC version?
The current version everyone has is the "PC version". That's the data entry version.

The mobile-friendly version is what I consider the check box version to be. For the most part, teams could get by the balance of the season without filling out a lineup on their sheet and just checking the box to use the Fantrax lineup (assuming it's legal).

2) How do we get player team logo, player pic, player waiver status logo on the sheet to appear while i browse mobile? seems that they only show up if i view it on PC
Do you use the Google Drive app or the Sheets app on your phone? I'm wondering if there's a difference in what loads and what doesn't.

3) Mason McTavish should be a C as per FT, but still shows up as W on sheet
There are a few players we need to confirm their position eligibility. We used ADHL's positions and I know they use a slightly different criteria than we do.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

i use the sheets app on phone when accessing. that's when none of the aforementioned features above shows up
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm glad you're bringing this to my attention, Paul.

A mobile-friendly version should be very simple and stripped down. When it's all said and done, all you guys need to be able to do is fill out a lineup and see your salary cap info or just post the Fantrax lineup. I can get rid of some of the bells and whistles and hopefully it loads faster and is more reliable.

The PC version with all the visual enhancements make more sense because I'm working on my sheets a pair of 32" screens. I don't know what everyone's home computer setup is.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Everything went pretty smooth with roster submission Scott. Mobile version seems to work great. Thanks for putting that together.

Can I get that checkbox version tho by any chance?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

KapG wroteCOLON Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 pm Everything went pretty smooth with roster submission Scott. Mobile version seems to work great. Thanks for putting that together.

he jus posted above saying theres no mobile version released for us yet. we are all accessing the PC version either via PC or phone still.

when the actual mobile version is released, that is the version where it will have the checkbox feature
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

The PC version works well on my phone. Much better than in previous years.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

kimmer wroteCOLON Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:17 pm
KapG wroteCOLON Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 pm Everything went pretty smooth with roster submission Scott. Mobile version seems to work great. Thanks for putting that together.

he jus posted above saying theres no mobile version released for us yet. we are all accessing the PC version either via PC or phone still.

when the actual mobile version is released, that is the version where it will have the checkbox feature
Ok thanks Paul!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Matthew wroteCOLON Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:19 pm The PC version works well on my phone. Much better than in previous years.
Yes for sure. The checkbox version though is soooo smooth tho from what I recall. Anyways, for now can definitely make PC version work
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to