Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Offseason Plans (Sheets, etc.)

Post by Shoalzie »

I spent a lot of the weekend testing and working out any remaining bugs or issues. Tonight's the night the new sheets will be distributed. I've got a few last things to set up and then I'll create the books for each of you.

The mobile version isn't quite ready. For now, I'm sending all of you the data entry version. The goal would be to have the mobile version ready by the end of the week.

I'll start a new thread tonight when the sheets are ready to be sent out.

I've spent extra time on these because the goal would be just use these exact ones again next year. I'd like to just hand the '23-24 sheets to you right after our season ends. Next summer will be a busy one for me personally so I want to give myself less work to do in 2023. Thanks for your patience.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI spent a lot of the weekend testing and working out any remaining bugs or issues. Tonight's the night the new sheets will be distributed. I've got a few last things to set up and then I'll create the books for each of you.

The mobile version isn't quite ready. For now, I'm sending all of you the data entry version. The goal would be to have the mobile version ready by the end of the week.

I'll start a new thread tonight when the sheets are ready to be sent out.

I've spent extra time on these because the goal would be just use these exact ones again next year. I'd like to just hand the '23-24 sheets to you right after our season ends. Next summer will be a busy one for me personally so I want to give myself less work to do in 2023. Thanks for your patience.
thank you so much Scott for everything!!!!! although im not the one to say i think mobile version is not important if it takes too much time (i only come on using PC as i hate edit spreadsheet in mobile) HAHA
#91 - John Tavares
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:21 am Some dates to be aware of:

Waiver Draft: Monday, September 19
Roster Submission: Tuesday, October 4 at 10:00 p.m.
Waiver Wire Opens: Wednesday, October 5 at noon
why roster submission one full week before the start of 30 teams?

we will have to make decisions without knowing the latest cuts anyway since the first game is on the 7th, but shouldn't we be able to take as much time as possible before that opener in Europe?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

yeah, roster submission shouldn't be until like Sunday the 9th
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The games in Czechia kinda screw things up but they still count as regular season. That's why I made the call to do roster submission Tuesday.

The first Sharks-Predators games starts at 2 p.m. on Friday so I'd consider that the start of the season. I brought up to the CC the idea of lumping the first two scoring periods on Fantrax together because SP1 is only the two games in Czechia.

There's regular season games in Tampere, Finland on November 4 and 5. Not as big of a deal since we'll be well underway with the season.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

lol, just noticed in the CC forum that I agreed to your roster submission date

man it sucks to get old!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Speaking of schedules, Jordan is re-using last year's schedule for this year at ADHL. Maybe we can do the same. I even suggested shuffling up the weeks so the matchups don't fall on the same week as last year.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Speaking of ADHL, their roster submission is Wednesday so I'm not totally crazy for doing this before the Czechia games.

What really confused me is there's also games in Germany and Switzerland but those are exhibitions with other Euro teams.

These Czechia games are sorta like when the Ducks and Kings opened the season in Japan back in 1997. I don't mind the games in other countries, I'm just not a fan of it being the first games of the season. The champs raising the banner should be how a season starts.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

We have to do it before the first NHL game IMO but as tight as possible to give that leeway for info on the other teams. Submission is Wednesday night with waived guys running Thursday noon to Friday noon with the game around 2pm Friday.

We'll combine the 2 games into the following week for the matchup.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yup, that's likely the plan for us here too.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

ok so submission will actually be wednesday night?
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Roster submission needs to be before the first NHL games, and preferably we get in the cuts/waivers in before week 1 begins so guys can claim players on waivers and have them in their lineups if applicable for the first week of bbkl
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:18 pm ok so submission will actually be wednesday night?

That's not exactly what I said. I should've clarified that I was agreeing with his choice to combine the first two weeks of the schedule.

I understand why Josh is doing that for their league. Wednesday is probably the absolute latest day. I already picked Tuesday so I have enough time to review rosters and we're not running up against the first lineup deadline. That first game Friday starts at 2 p.m.

I'd prefer everyone get their rosters in by Tuesday night. If they're later, better that they get in before noon on Wednesday so I can push their players through waivers. If they're later than noon on Wednesday, then they should be subject to a fine or issued a warning.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Ok
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:07 am
kyuss wroteCOLON Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:18 pm ok so submission will actually be wednesday night?

That's not exactly what I said. I should've clarified that I was agreeing with his choice to combine the first two weeks of the schedule.

I understand why Josh is doing that for their league. Wednesday is probably absolute latest day. I already picked Tuesday so I have enough time to review rosters and we're not running up against the first lineup deadline. That first game Friday starts at 2 p.m.

I'd prefer everyone get their rosters in by Tuesday night. If they're later, better that they get in before noon on Wednesday so I can push their players through waivers. If they're later than noon on Wednesday, then they should be subject to a fine or issued a warning.
Agree - we’ve had these dates for a while now.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

3rd round pick fine

no excuse for not having them ready
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:45 am
Shoalzie wroteCOLON Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:07 am

I understand why Josh is doing that for their league. Wednesday is probably absolute latest day. I already picked Tuesday so I have enough time to review rosters and we're not running up against the first lineup deadline. That first game Friday starts at 2 p.m.

Agree - we’ve had these dates for a while now.
I am reading Scott's message as Wednesday at noon ET is the latest deadline though.

Btw, unfortunately I feel like we've had teams not meeting that deadline in the past without getting sanctioned?
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

just because we didn't do anything in the past doesn't mean we can't do it now
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The offseason is a few months long and if your team is not ready for the season...it's difficult to justify letting that pass without some kind of fine or sanction.

Teams that put in the work and do what's ask of them should be rewarded for meeting expectations while teams that don't should lose an asset of some kind.

I really don't want teams to post after 10 p.m. tomorrow mostly because I'm setting that time aside for myself to check over the rosters that are submitted. If you're late to the party, it's unfair to let that slide when teams do what is asked them.

My ideal situation, all teams turn in their initial rosters Tuesday night and waivers go off without a hitch on Wednesday and we push forward towards the season of the season on Friday.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to