Negotiate your trades here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Detroit Trading Block: 2022 Offseason

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd love to pick sooner than 8th overall but I don't want to spend extra assets to move up. I'm happy with the players in the top 10 range and I'm trying to narrow down my primary targets.

My second 1st rounder (24th overall) and my re-acquired 2nd rounder (40th overall) are picks that may be used to either move up or move back. It's hard to say who will make it to the 24th pick. That pick might shopped during the course of the draft but not prior to the draft.

The goal of these next few drafts is to rebuild my prospect pipeline. The main roster is just meant to be functional and rules compliant to get through each season. I don't want to do a full teardown or fire sale unless I'm getting good value back for players.

I want to inject youth into the lineup when those players are ready. I want to get myself away from depending on the trade market as my primary source of roster players. When I stay focused on drafting, I can find players in all rounds...I just need to stay committed to these players and "trust the process".

Player-wise it's too early to say who I'm shopping. I don't have a lot of marketable pieces right now. This might be a very quiet offseason depending on how NHL free agency treats me. I want to have a reliable lineup of 18 skaters and I may look for a second goalie to pair with Talbot depending on what the Wild do this summer.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Detroit Trading Block: 2022 Offseason

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm happy with what I've been able to do with the first three picks. I'd like to explore some options with the balance of my picks.

I've got the 54th overall in the 2nd round and I don't have another pick again until the 103rd overall (early 4th round). I'm interested in any of these scenarios:

1. Acquiring a roster player (preferably a center or defenseman)
2. Packaging the two picks to move up (inside the top 50)
3. Packaging the two picks to acquire a 2022 waiver draft pick (preferably in the top 5)
4. Acquiring a prospect (for teams looking to shed a player)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I made my last (scheduled) pick this morning but I wouldn't mind swapping a 2023 7th for one last pick as we approach the 7th round.

I'll send the 2023 7th (ANA) for any pick in the 7th round. I like my McLaughlin pick but I was mulling over some other names so I'd like to make one pick if someone wants to trade out of their spot.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yesterday's trade addressed my desire to add another 7th rounder pick...even better that I got two.

I'm not going to going to be active in the trade market until NHL free agency begins in a couple weeks. I have a few too many guys without contracts and I want to see that get sorted out before I make my next moves.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

take mine
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Thanks for the offer Paul but at this rate I'm going to be approaching 100 players between this draft and the waiver draft. I need to work on a cut list.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Roster status (position-by-position):

Centers: I'm satisfied starting the season with my 3 current centers (Hayes/Faksa/Colton). If there's a lateral winger-for-center trade that comes along, I might do it. Otherwise, I'm comfortable with what I have.

Wingers: I have pretty good depth at the position. I've probably got a couple extra guys that I might shop as we get near training camp and we have a better idea how rosters are taking shape. As of now, I'll be able to start the season with at least 9 active guys at that position and along with a spare or two.

Defense: I don't think I'll have 6 active to start the season but I at least have 3 reliable veterans (Spurgeon/Ekman-Larsson/Martinez) along with Megna and Brown who will probably get a good amount of playing time. I also have others (Kempny/Lagesson) that could round out my group. I also have Casey Fitzgerald and Gabriel Carlsson as waiver-exempt options if the Sabres or Capitals respectively call them up during the season. Kris Russell is also on my roster...not sure of his future but if he doesn't land with someone, I have should enough options.

Goaltenders: As long as I've got Talbot as the (assumed) #1 in Ottawa, he should be able to get me enough starts on his own. I may still inquire on a #2 goalie for me later this summer.

All and all I'm not actively seeking trades right now. I want to maintain what I still have and I will look to make some moves in and around the waiver draft.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Since the going rate for a current waiver pick is a 5th rounder...an open offer to any team:

2023 5th Rounder (TB) for your waiver draft pick

Let me know if you're interested.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Spoke to some teams yesterday...let me know if you're interested in moving out of your upcoming pick. I still have some names on the board that I'm interested in. Interested in adding an extra pick in this round and then making a selection with my 2nd round pick.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to