2021 Draft Discussion

BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: 2021 Draft Discussion

Post by Matthew »

Brian wroteCOLONQuick question: How do I get Eklund added to my Fantrax roster? Is there anything I need to do, or do admins process them?
If you go to league players on fantrax and write in "eklund" he is currently listed there. Just hit the plus sign to add to your roster. (Make sure you are in the new 21-22 season)
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Brian
PostsCOLON 322
JoinedCOLON Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Brian »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Brian wroteCOLONQuick question: How do I get Eklund added to my Fantrax roster? Is there anything I need to do, or do admins process them?
If you go to league players on fantrax and write in "eklund" he is currently listed there. Just hit the plus sign to add to your roster. (Make sure you are in the new 21-22 season)
Cool. I didn't want to overstep if the admins usually process the drafted players.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Normally fantrax has a good chunk of the 1st round already in the player pool. Later rounds you have to request the player be added to fantrax. Eklund is likely already a FA pickup in fantrax.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Messaged Tbone
DApolloS
PostsCOLON 638
JoinedCOLON Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:24 am

Post by DApolloS »

When was the last time 2 goalies went in the 1st round?
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Nice pick Kyle was trying Stillman/Bahl and 42 to swoop in there and get him
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Damnit kyle was hoping to get back in and draft the top 2 goalies
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

DApolloS wroteCOLONWhen was the last time 2 goalies went in the 1st round?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Bruyns wroteCOLONNice pick Kyle was trying Stillman/Bahl and 42 to swoop in there and get him
Thanks Matt! Really stoked to have been able to grab him. Nice to have a legit “blue chip” goalie prospect to go with Colton ellis. Can be patient too with Blackwood only being 24 years old
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

DApolloS wroteCOLONWhen was the last time 2 goalies went in the 1st round?
In bbkl? Probably recent since goalies have such high value in our league, since there is such a limited supply.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONDamnit kyle was hoping to get back in and draft the top 2 goalies
Was definitely not confident he’d be there at 18. Seeing some of the replies in here it appears I may have made the right move by moving up
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

KapG wroteCOLON
Chuck Norris wroteCOLONDamnit kyle was hoping to get back in and draft the top 2 goalies
Was definitely not confident he’d be there at 18. Seeing some of the replies in here it appears I may have made the right move by moving up
Considering you did not have to give up much to get the guy you want, definitely a smart move. Well done.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLON
Considering you did not have to give up much to get the guy you want, definitely a smart move. Well done.
Thx man :)
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

I'd say that's an easy deal to make to secure Cossa. Surprised that's all it took to move up 2 spots in the 1st
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Bruyns wroteCOLONNice pick Kyle was trying Stillman/Bahl and 42 to swoop in there and get him
Not bad. Arguably a better offer than 18+a 4th. Guess Dave didn't like either prospect.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Not bad. Arguably a better offer than 18+a 4th. Guess Dave didn't like either prospect.
I didn't get that offer.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I can appreciate Dave doing the "Patriot Way" with his draft picks. Keep moving back and adding extra assets.

I always think of the Patriots trading back multiple times in the NFL draft and that's where you score some extra mid and late round picks if you move back a few spots.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI can appreciate Dave doing the "Patriot Way" with his draft picks. Keep moving back and adding extra assets.

I always think of the Patriots trading back multiple times in the NFL draft and that's where you score some extra mid and late round picks if you move back a few spots.
This would make a great deal more sense in the NHL if the players were already mostly fully developped like in the NFL.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That's true.

Moving back in a hockey draft is more of a function of you don't like the players available at the spot you're at. You get acquire extra pick(s) and move back until you're happy with a player at the given spot.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThat's true.

Moving back in a hockey draft is more of a function of you don't like the players available at the spot you're at. You get acquire extra pick(s) and move back until you're happy with a player at the given spot.
Pretty much this. Extra ammo to draft or trade with.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to