Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: GDT - Week 13 Final Notice

Post by Matthew »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONNot a mantra. Repeating a fact.
allowing for sub. injured players under specific regulations during playoffs only would not turn BBKL into a daily league, you're repeating as a fact something that would not be a fact.
Matthew wroteCOLONI'm one of the most active members and I don't want to have to check that everyday. Especially if I'm out camping or fishing or on vacation etc.
if you happen to be on vacation during our playoffs you can always ask a buddy of yours for help to monitor things more closely than you could do yourself over those days, could be someone in the league as well. Seems hardly like something that should prevent the league from improving
Improvement in your opinion. I think it would make it worse.

Anyone a bit less active gets hammered in the playoffs after working all season to make it.
more like "anyone who doesn't even care about his team during the playoffs", lol.

It would also be an improvement in resembling a bit more real life playoff series: you don't see teams playing shorthanded as the series run deeper just because their regular players suffered injuries in the previous games of the series, their depth is part of the things that go into their chances to win the big prize
People can care about their team without being online every day.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

It's hard enough to keep the league full and active now I dont know that expecting further investment and or activity is practical. It also doesnt make sense to have a new set of rules for the playoffs imo
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONIt's hard enough to keep the league full and active now I dont know that expecting further investment and or activity is practical. It also doesnt make sense to have a new set of rules for the playoffs imo
Don't you think that people would be more invested in their teams knowing that they aren`t just an injury away from being eliminated?
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

1: 85% of BBKL is rebuilding any given year because there are really only 4-6 teams that realistically can win any given year
2: Many of our GMs aren't all that active to begin with so I can't see them logging in every day to reset lineups should they make the playoffs
3: I'm not sure that this would have a profound impact on final results anyways as most teams don't have a lot of depth and the impact of squeezing 1 or 2 more gp per week wouldn't be likely to swing a loss into a win anyways.
4: It would lead to the further hoarding of NHL players and the need to institute a GP max as well leading to more rules, more regulation and more upkeep for the CC which already has a tough enough time
5: Why have two sets of rules for a single league.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043

Post by Sensfanjosh »

I understand wanting to use the players you assemble, especially as a team that builds around depth, and I have lost a fair number of categories just this year due to lineup decisions that were out of my hands due to COVID/injury but I don't know that the alternative you are proposing works very well is all.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON1: 85% of BBKL is rebuilding any given year because there are really only 4-6 teams that realistically can win any given year
2: Many of our GMs aren't all that active to begin with so I can't see them logging in every day to reset lineups should they make the playoffs
no one ever suggested to turn our playoffs in a daily league... no need to reset lineups every day..
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLONI understand wanting to use the players you assemble, especially as a team that builds around depth, and I have lost a fair number of categories just this year due to lineup decisions that were out of my hands due to COVID/injury but I don't know that the alternative you are proposing works very well is all.
Hard to really say if it works or not. I wasn`t here when the prior discussions occured so the argument period is still fresh for me.

So far the only real reasons I get are hoarding players and GMs aren`t interested enough.

To me I don`t see how this should be the deciding factor when looking at rules. We shouldn`t be punishing good and active GMs because we have others who haven`t yet built up good teams and/or are not as interested.

Again, we are not looking at making this a daily league for the entire year - only the playoffs and only in the event of an injury. I really like the Shoalzie rule where if you take a player out, they cannot go back in. This concept, to me, merits further discussion in the off-season. I truly believe this would make the playoff experience more intense, increase the trade activity in the league and overall enjoyment in the last month of bbkl action.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

perhaps have a limit of 2 or 3 subsitutions
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

What was suggested and discussed in the past was having the chance to use bench players to sub injured players (the latter would be done for the matchup)

And since with the RS bench you can't even cover all 4 positions, it was suggested to increase the number of players allowed on the bench for playoffs.

Btw, in the NHL with pro-rated cap hits they can basically go over the cap during playoffs, which allows teams more room to spend at the deadline, comparing to our case. If there was something of that sort in BBKL you would see teams out of the playoffs able to make profits at the deadline that can't be made right now, because some players with fat salaries would have a market for the playoffs.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

There are no waivers and salary cap in nhl playoffs
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Seems bruyns, then Mik, then will and Arian top 4 in the poll. Surprised thom and lak didn't get more votes.

I'm going to change the poll now.

http://bbkl.ca/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16452
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Bruyns wroteCOLONThere are no waivers and salary cap in nhl playoffs
and on the contrary, our salaries are not pro-rated so contenders don't have cap room to pay rebuilders for their players, and we can't use depth anyway because once an injury happens during the matchup even the players on the bench are useless.

Having a situation where after the deadline only the lineup counts against the cap and GMs can pick x amount of players to sit on their bench and to pick from in case of injury would improve things (obviously the bench players' stats would only count from the day the player replaces the injured one)

Not that I expect BBKL to consider something like this :|
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Bruyns wroteCOLONThere are no waivers and salary cap in nhl playoffs
and on the contrary, our salaries are not pro-rated so contenders don't have cap room to pay rebuilders for their players, and we can't use depth anyway because once an injury happens during the matchup even the players on the bench are useless.

Having a situation where after the deadline only the lineup counts against the cap and GMs can pick x amount of players to sit on their bench and to pick from in case of injury would improve things (obviously the bench players' stats would only count from the day the player replaces the injured one)

Not that I expect BBKL to consider something like this :|
How I sometimes see the CC when someone proposes something new (just for fun guys):

Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The fact we have another team entering the league and we're (hopefully) coming out of two unusual (and shortened) seasons, why shouldn't we shake things up without completely blowing up what we have built up to now? Considering we're already doing a one-off realignment because the NHL did this year, why not allow some teams swap identities? Arizona already has to shift to the Central. If we actually did this, I'd just assume we hold off on it until after the drafts this summer...less admin work if you catch my drift.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

I have no problem with allowing teams to swap identities, and do it when it's the least amount of work for you Scott.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

ok then. let me have SJS. Thx
CAR is such bad luck for me
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

So if a player got traded to a Canadian team, they have to quarantine for 7 days, do they still count towards the cap for our playoffs ?
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to