PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: 2020 Draft Discussion

Post by kimmer »

foofnik wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONhave CC do it at the end of draft...
Most players are all ready on fantrax. It takes 2 minutes to request a player...do it yourself.
no
its just simply not feasible

its a better way to compile an entire list in a thread form (aka SUBMIT YOUR DRAFTED PLAYER THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO FT)
and then submit the whole thing in one msg
I submitted 50 names for another league and they ignore me and have since added 2 of the names, probably from other requests. Prob gonna have to wait until the real draft or request in small amounts.
I took the liberty to apply for all players I've drafted that weren't on FT
they made em all available as of this morning
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONLaf - Zbad - Panarin. Fuck me.
Man I hope!

The trade is all worth it for me, if he ends up on that top line.

He has an opportunity to make a bigger splash as a rookie rather than if he had to drag the Red Wings or Senators skeleton lineup along. He's going to get a prime spot in the top 6 of an exciting offensive team. I think he could've been successful wherever he ended up but the Rangers a top scoring team.

This was a great year to acquire the #1 pick in any fantasy draft. I've got the #1 pick in a smaller keeper league and I'll be thrilled to add Lafreniere to my lineup.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

With the Jets not winning the #1 pick and settling for #10...that'll give them an opportunity to take a defenseman with their pick. The first NHL.com mocks are showing Sanderson which seems to make sense. I doubt Drysdale drops that far.

Also curious to see who bites on Askarov in that lottery range. Florida took Spencer Knight at #13 last year. There's no way he goes any later than #14 to Edmonton. Two mocks have the Hurricanes taking him with the Toronto pick, which would be a luxury selection for sure. The Canes would definitely take best available player considering the solid state of their organization.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

I imagine the Jets will go Center with their pick. They need more offensive depth down the middle. A guy like Lundell who might only be 1 year away from playing would be ideal.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Matthew wroteCOLONHong gets the best defenseman in the draft at pick 13. Nice.
Calllleeedddd it
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONHong gets the best defenseman in the draft at pick 13. Nice.
Calllleeedddd it
Draft status =/= being the best
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Around 18 I mentioned to a friend that nothing crazy has happened yet. I've only followed draft this closely since like 2017, has there been anything quite like Chinakov in past years? What's biggest BBKL jump we've seen, I know Romanov was big.
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Around 18 I mentioned to a friend that nothing crazy has happened yet. I've only followed draft this closely since like 2017, has there been anything quite like Chinakov in past years? What's biggest BBKL jump we've seen, I know Romanov was big.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

It seems there is an overager taken in the late 1st/early 2nd every year. Maybe not as unforseen as Chinakov though. Other than that, yeah, there is usually a pick or two that seem like quite big reaches (though again, maybe not as unforseen as Chinakov?)
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Matthew wroteCOLONIt seems there is an overager taken in the late 1st/early 2nd every year. Maybe not as unforseen as Chinakov though. Other than that, yeah, there is usually a pick or two that seem like quite big reaches (though again, maybe not as unforseen as Chinakov?)
Ya Perunovic/Leason went high but it wasn't unsuspected. I'm curious how much the delay to allow KHL viewings played an impact.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

We wildly overrate the actual NHL draft position versus where we pick a player. We can value size, speed, hockey IQ, leadership, etc. but we're still in a fantasy league where stats are what matters. These players only have tangible value if they get the opportunity to play in the NHL and if they produce. So much depends on the team that drafts them and if there's a fit on their NHL roster. So many of these players we draft will amount to nothing on the NHL level. You hope you find the right player in the right situation and that player can find a regular gig in the league. With no free agency, we can only add players through the entry draft, the occasional free agent or waiver claim and of course trades.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

In a league like ours draft position definitely matters for value. If a guy you select 166th goes 25th then you better believe his value jumps a ton.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

For sure it adds prestige to a player that other teams might've overlooked. To me, draft position determines their initial salary on the entry level but once the guy puts on a uniform, you have to get it done...1st round pick or undrafted.

I think of the year I picked Frederic and Borgstrom in the mid rounds and they both move up to the 1st round. Does that make them better prospects? Well, maybe to their organization. It just takes 1 out of the 31 or 32 teams to want a player and think they have something in them but it doesn't guarantee they amount to anything.

When I see a player of mine go undrafted but signs an NHL contract...ie--Pius Suter or Nick Wolff...that player's value increases for sure but they're still just a prospect until we see them play in the league. Patience can pay off if you can afford to hang onto players that don't get selected in the proper draft.

The name of the game is still to find NHL players. Having draft picks is simply an opportunity to find potential players.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Damn. Had lohrei on my short list for the 5th round, but then started deciding to push him back further and further.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Matthew wroteCOLONDamn. Had lohrei on my short list for the 5th round, but then started deciding to push him back further and further.
Dont pretend Matthew. No one had him on their draft boards. Literally no one. Stop trying to take credit for something we all know didnt happen. :lol:
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON
Matthew wroteCOLONDamn. Had lohrei on my short list for the 5th round, but then started deciding to push him back further and further.
Dont pretend Matthew. No one had him on their draft boards. Literally no one. Stop trying to take credit for something we all know didnt happen. :lol:
Literally I did. Not like he was some obscure player. He was 2nd??? In ushl defenseman scoring, I think.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

I had no idea who he was.

Happy with the Leafs so far, getting two players who were projected to go around their pick of 44 at 59 and 64 by trading down is a nice piece of business.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Glad Smilanic finally got taken... upset the Panthers took him. I dislike that organization`s ability to develop prospects. Hopefully they get their shit together and they provide him a solid future.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Biggest draft risers:

Prokop BBKL (CLB) 197 -> 73 NHL Diff = 124
Kuntar BBKL (MTL) 203 -> 89 NHL Diff = 114
Goncalves BBKL (TBL)164 -> 62 NHL Diff = 102
Lafferiere BBKL (TBL) 177 -> 83 NHL Diff = 95
Last edited by 2 on Chuck Norris, edited 0 times in total.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

So many off the board picks
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to