Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: GDT - Week 19

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI'll be pretty tighter up against the cap next season so you won't have to worry about it being me. I did my thing this year with Ekman-Larsson and Gusev.

Frankly, I don't want to add another veteran player when we have the expansion draft next summer.

Next season with the expansion draft looming, it could be a good year for a team to acquire some excess talent off a contender...hint hint.
Expansion team's gonna better than mine. Oh well.
You broke your team down on purpose. This is what you wanted.
I mean... I didn't really have a choice now did I?
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONThe Golden Knights were playoff-caliber right away in our league...the Seattle team could be better than a lot of teams in the league in their first season. It depends on the approach the GM.
Yeah, and now they are not anywhere close to it. So many people without any patience is what the top teams feast on year after year.
I mean, I've had multiple holes in my lineup all year long that I didn't want to patch. Hjalmarsson and Little both have been hurt the majority of the year and if I filled those I'd likely be closer to .500 and in the playoff conversation. So not sure your commentary is fair/accurate.

This team was built on aging vets for instant competition and never really to have a long window of contention. I may have handled the expansion draft differently than Tim but who knows. I got sucked into ignoring the old ass core of plugs and thought I had a chance and made some bad moves as a result of that, but the majority of them were dealing futures not roster players. It didn't make sense to keep investing in this team that clearly doesn't have a long life left and without my first have been stuck all year.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

I gambled my first a few years ago and it won the lottery from I think the 7/8/9th slot iirc lmao.

At least I got dahlin the next year ;)
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I missed gp by 1 game in 16-17 and it cost me elias petterson as my 8th or 9th overall pick ended up winning the lotto and was planning on selecting him at #3.. Luckily I was able to draft Makar at #10 so it wasn't too big a loss.

That same year I also won the lotto with the 13th or 14th overall detroit and got pick #2. Traded that pick to Steve as I didn't have much confidence in hischier/patrick.
Last edited by 1 on Matthew, edited 0 times in total.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

KapG wroteCOLONI gambled my first a few years ago and it won the lottery from I think the 7/8/9th slot iirc lmao.

Yes it did... which I then swapped for the 2nd OA and two additional 1sts which turned into toews. Unfortunately Patrick has continued to be a bandaid and glass has followed suit... shows that I am shyte at drafting.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONI gambled my first a few years ago and it won the lottery from I think the 7/8/9th slot iirc lmao.

Yes it did... which I then swapped for the 2nd OA and two additional 1sts which turned into toews. Unfortunately Patrick has continued to be a bandaid and glass has followed suit... shows that I am shyte at drafting.
Just bad luck for you...

Just like it was bad luck for me to see it win the lottery from the position it did lmao
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Woohoo Canucks retire Hank and Dan sedins numbers tonight. Anyone else watch it? Those guys are so classy. Didn't talk about themselves. Thanked everyone individually: Family members, Each player from the past, training staff. Such solid individuals. As a canucks fan, I couldn't be happier to have these two as the role models for children of BC to look up to.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

it's a fucking Vancouver game. nobody watches that out here at this time lol
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Florida Chris »

Had to throw a hot Sanford to the minors to get under cap this week...Bites me in the ass and gets 4 goals last night...
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Florida Chris wroteCOLONHad to throw a hot Sanford to the minors to get under cap this week...Bites me in the ass and gets 4 goals last night...

WHAAT :O
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

That’s a kick in the nuts lol
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That sucks sitting someone who is performing because of the cap. I did a double take when you said he scored 4...had to read the boxscore to see for myself.

I outsmarted myself this week by only dressing Bernier and scratching Hutton...Hutton has 2 wins and better overall numbers than Bernier. I figured I'd try to win the GAA and SV% categories with Bernier since he's been very good in the last few weeks. Hutton has played fairly well when he gets regular playing time.

That being said, I'll probably play them both next week and Hutton will sink my numbers while Bernier plays well.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThat sucks sitting someone who is performing because of the cap. I did a double take when you said he scored 4...had to read the boxscore to see for myself.

I outsmarted myself this week by only dressing Bernier and scratching Hutton...Hutton has 2 wins and better overall numbers than Bernier. I figured I'd try to win the GAA and SV% categories with Bernier since he's been very good in the last few weeks. Hutton has played fairly well when he gets regular playing time.

That being said, I'll probably play them both next week and Hutton will sink my numbers while Bernier plays well.
That's the risk when both the goalies are not actually very good. Ya never know what you are going to get.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Andreas Johnsson played just enough games to make him waiver eligible next season before he got injured. Thanks, eurotrash.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Matthew wroteCOLONAndreas Johnsson played just enough games to make him waiver eligible next season before he got injured. Thanks, eurotrash.
Is that really going to affect your team?
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Matthew wroteCOLONAndreas Johnsson played just enough games to make him waiver eligible next season before he got injured. Thanks, eurotrash.
LOL ouch
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Yeah, actually. Johnsson and greenway going eligible next year means I need to move a couple forwards as I'll have like 15 or 16 that are waiver eligible, and if batherson or kravtsov or etc have a big year I won't be able to fit them in without trades.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Not really lol
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Not really lol
He wasn't talking to you.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

I answered anyway because it's true.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to