Buffalo - Chicago

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Buffalo - Chicago

Post by Da_Hawks »

To Chicago:

Ron Hainsey
Robbi Fabbri

To Buffalo
2020 2nd round pick (CHI)
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Re: Buffalo - Chicago

Post by Bruyns »

Accept
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Good cycle for CHI, Bourque out for a 4th and Fabbri/Hainsey in for a 2nd.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That's a solid buy for a 2nd rounder. Usually you can only get one NHLer for a pick, let alone two.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONThat's a solid buy for a 2nd rounder. Usually you can only get one NHLer for a pick, let alone two.
i see one NHL'er ..... ;)
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

I mean the player that is likely to be picked with that pick is likely to be a better piece than those 2 combined. I'd say Matt did well here.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONI mean the player that is likely to be picked with that pick is likely to be a better piece than those 2 combined. I'd say Matt did well here.
Matt certainly did well for having to move some pieces out with Cole coming back.

I tend to gamble with my 2nd round picks, so I might as well see what Fabbri has in him. If he can get his knees back, maybe he has a Josh Baily like break-out in a couple of years. He's only 24 - anything can happen. And well, Hainsey is Hainsey. I can probably flip him at the deadline for something to help my rebuild.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

It's interesting how people will look at "early" 2nd rounders similar to having an actual 1st round pick. Most likely that Chicago 2nd will be a top 40 pick...more than likely a top 35 pick. Since 2015, you can find a player like Aho or DeBrincat in that early 2nd round range or you can draft a guy that never makes it to the NHL in that spot or it might take them 5 years to make it. Nothing is a guarantee.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

2nd rounders are usually overrated. Most likely they turn into nothing.

Given Matt is going for the cup with his team, upgrading his team (Cole), getting under the cap, and getting a pick seems solid.

Hopefully this works out for hawk too. Win-Win.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CanadianRednek(TOR)
PostsCOLON 176
JoinedCOLON Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:01 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, Ontario

Post by CanadianRednek(TOR) »

Firsts have about a 60% chance of making it and 2nds about a 25%, 3rds a 12%
Jordan (VGK)
PostsCOLON 1062
JoinedCOLON Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:29 pm
LocationCOLON Ottawa, ON

Post by Jordan (VGK) »

CanadianRednek(TOR) wroteCOLONFirsts have about a 60% chance of making it and 2nds about a 25%, 3rds a 12%
That 1st round number seems a little low based on what I've seen.

But yea, most of these models that are GP based are sort of flawed. Drafting replacement level shouldn't be the goal and that's what a GP based model is chasing.
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

In order to get an accurate read of how many drafted players played at least 200 games in the NHL, a study by proicehockey.about.com looked at the drafts between 1990 and 1999. Of the 2,600 hundred players drafted just 494 or 19% played in at least 200 contests. 63% of first round picks played but less than 25% of second round picks survived and only 12% of third rounder selections. Former NHL general manager Doug MacLean said his math over the last decade showed that only 15% of second round picks ever become impact players.
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Fabbri has a lot of talent if he can stay healthy. And I can see hainsey getting flipped at the deadline for a decent return. Good trade
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Keep in mind that CHI 2nd will be around 32-34 overall.

Gotta like this for Mat..
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

dave1959 wroteCOLONIn order to get an accurate read of how many drafted players played at least 200 games in the NHL, a study by proicehockey.about.com looked at the drafts between 1990 and 1999. Of the 2,600 hundred players drafted just 494 or 19% played in at least 200 contests. 63% of first round picks played but less than 25% of second round picks survived and only 12% of third rounder selections. Former NHL general manager Doug MacLean said his math over the last decade showed that only 15% of second round picks ever become impact players.
Data from 2-3 decades ago in no way has any relevance to the NHL today given the advancements in analytics and streamlining of scouting.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
dave1959 wroteCOLONIn order to get an accurate read of how many drafted players played at least 200 games in the NHL, a study by proicehockey.about.com looked at the drafts between 1990 and 1999. Of the 2,600 hundred players drafted just 494 or 19% played in at least 200 contests. 63% of first round picks played but less than 25% of second round picks survived and only 12% of third rounder selections. Former NHL general manager Doug MacLean said his math over the last decade showed that only 15% of second round picks ever become impact players.
Data from 2-3 decades ago in no way has any relevance to the NHL today given the advancements in analytics and streamlining of scouting.

Gotta agree, there’s a better study (can’t recall where) which breaks value down by pick ... aka a top 10 selection is waaaay different than a 29th overall- we all know this though, and each draft eventually has projected tiers
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Fabbri traded to Detroit. Should get a bit more ice time there. His chance to revitalize that career.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Go get'em Robbi!! I'm okay with him playing with Larkin. You listening Stevey?
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

2 goals already for Fabbri. Nice start.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Never wanted to trade the guy, but just couldn't fit him in my lineup, shopped him cheap at the draft too with no takers. Pretty sure I was still higher on him than most of the league.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to