Post by Loki »

You’re doing an awesome job Scott, every year you outdo yourself
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: 2018-19 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by Da_Hawks »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONMe adding or dropping players off your rosters isn't a lot of work for me so that's why I don't have a problem doing it globally. I know you and a few others probably like the ability to tweak your team on your own. I'll figure a compromise out for you guys.

Maybe once the season gets going, I can put together a sheet that acts as a worksheet where you can figure out hypothetical trades and crunch salary figures.

I have the ability to create a lot of useful resources for you guys in regards to which NHL drafted players are unowned in our league or which players are under contract that are unowned in our league but I don't want to take all the research you guys like to do.

I am admittedly self-indulgent with this project. I love working with information and I love figuring out ways to display that information. But I don't want to make this less fun for you guys either. Feedback is very much appreciated.
I will take any tools that you think will make our job easier - if people want to do their own research, then they can just ignore it. I say if you are having fun doing this - keep at it! Thanks!
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Chris Wagner is still listed as a C in my doc - needs to be W
Click banner to view current roster and picks
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Fixed, it was manually set to C...but he does (barely) qualify as a W.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Joel Eriksson-Ek should be W, but C in sheet
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Just curious - how often are the roster pages getting updated (since we're locked out of them)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kimmer wroteCOLONJoel Eriksson-Ek should be W, but C in sheet

He should be a center in our league. He played 75 games and had a .492 FOR.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Tony wroteCOLONJust curious - how often are the roster pages getting updated (since we're locked out of them)

I would've gotten to your trade with Lee right away had I not been out of town on Sunday. You shouldn't have to wait very long to see your roster updated on most days.

I'll put a priority on updating rosters when there's a trade or waiver claim ahead of updating the draft picks. I still need you guys to push all trades through on Fantrax as soon as possible.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

No rush, was just wondering. Thanks Scott!
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I just did a quick inspection of the Fantrax rosters and compared them to the Google rosters and I'm glad to see that we're mostly on the same page. I'll send PMs out the teams with any roster discrepancies. I'm only sending out one notice just to remind you claim your missing players. If you don't add them by Sunday night, you'll lose their rights.

If you don't see a note from me, that means you're on the money. Good job!
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Holy Scott. You’re a stud doing all this work. I feel like we need to pay you
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Thanks for the hard work Scott.

I've noticed a couple of things in my sheet:

- there are some duplicates. At least 3 in the 'Pre-season' sheet: T.Johnson, Graovac, Nichushkin. Some more in the 'Roster' sheet: Yeryomenko, Butcher, Lagesson
I don't know whether that affects the total counters though.

- some of the prospects' names eligible for slide don't show up in the dedicated sub-column. I think they are Samorukov, G.Lindstrom, Hallander and Tolvanen
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI am admittedly self-indulgent with this project. I love working with information and I love figuring out ways to display that information. But I don't want to make this less fun for you guys either. Feedback is very much appreciated.
Here comes some feedback :)

Any chance we will be able to order players in 'Roster' sheet by contracts and roles rather than alphabetycal?
And when it's alphabetycal, could we make it by surname rather than first name?

Will we have the chance to collapse the draft column?
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Thanks for chiming in Mik...I know you've been one of the last few teams to start using your sheet. I'll look through your questions this evening when I get a moment.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

ok thanks
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON- there are some duplicates. At least 3 in the 'Pre-season' sheet: T.Johnson, Graovac, Nichushkin. Some more in the 'Roster' sheet: Yeryomenko, Butcher, Lagesson

You have 94 players in my database and the counter is showing that as well.

I'm not seeing where you're seeing the duplicates.

- some of the prospects' names eligible for slide don't show up in the dedicated sub-column. I think they are Samorukov, G.Lindstrom, Hallander and Tolvanen

Those names are there, they just don't appear because you don't have any players in your lineup.

You'll have issues with that slide list loading properly when you don't have your lineup filled out and all of your players that need to clear waivers occupy that box just above it. You won't see all of those names appearing when you have more than 15 players that fit that description that aren't in your lineup.

When you start filling out your lineup, that will resolve itself.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI am admittedly self-indulgent with this project. I love working with information and I love figuring out ways to display that information. But I don't want to make this less fun for you guys either. Feedback is very much appreciated.
Here comes some feedback :)

Any chance we will be able to order players in 'Roster' sheet by contracts and roles rather than alphabetycal?
And when it's alphabetycal, could we make it by surname rather than first name?

Will we have the chance to collapse the draft column?

I thought about sorting them by their last name. I have all of the names listed the traditional first and last name. I know Josh does last name, first name on his ADHL sheet.

What I would prefer to do is have all the centers, wingers, defensemen and goalies grouped together and sorted by name or by salary/AAV. Or I create a page that more resembles the roster listing on CapFriendly where all the contracts are in one place and the "Reserve List" (unsigned players) are in another.

This was a quickly throw-together sheet just to display information. I'll do a different version of it next season. The good thing is that it will reflect the roster of the current week.

I don't know if you have the permissions to do it but you can hide the column for "Draft:" if you want. I froze the first four columns so you can scroll over to get to the contract info on the write and still have the names on the left.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
kyuss wroteCOLON- there are some duplicates. At least 3 in the 'Pre-season' sheet: T.Johnson, Graovac, Nichushkin. Some more in the 'Roster' sheet: Yeryomenko, Butcher, Lagesson

attached below an example of duplicates I was seeing. Oddly enough, they were still there this morning but apparently not anymore now.

Shoalzie wroteCOLON

Those names are there, they just don't appear because you don't have any players in your lineup.

You'll have issues with that slide list loading properly when you don't have your lineup filled out and all of your players that need to clear waivers occupy that box just above it. You won't see all of those names appearing when you have more than 15 players that fit that description that aren't in your lineup.

yep, filled the lineup and 'sliders' showed up, thanks.
Which however means a new batch of sliders requests coming up from me :)
Attachments
bbkl reps.PNG
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 0 times
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON

attached below an example of duplicates I was seeing. Oddly enough, they were still there this morning but apparently not anymore now.

Shoalzie wroteCOLON

yep, filled the lineup and 'sliders' showed up, thanks.
Which however means a new batch of sliders requests coming up from me :)
Glitch with the filter is the cause of those dupes. Happens sometimes when that list used to be longer and is now shorter, because those names on the bottom are not overwritten it sometimes does not erase them. That clears itself up on it's own.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

thanks foof
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to