2018-19 BBKL Google Sheets

Anything goes here OT stuff is OK too!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: 2018-19 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by Matthew »

Should marchessault be a center? He only had like 260 fow in 80 games last year.

That's a FOR of like .23
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

FOR is not GP/FOW

Its totFOT/totTOI
which is 607/1348 = 0.45

some fucking MechEng you are
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Ah I did toi but forgot it was FOT and not FOW
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

ya because it's designed to rate a player based on how many faceoffs he TAKES on a given night over stretch of entire season/up to date
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

hello, a couple things
Joel Eriksson-Ek should be a wing but still a C in our sheets
and brad hunt... is a WINGER?? wutt lol (shoud be a D)
please fix for me
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

actually this issue is more than that i think...
im noticing that anyone i put under reserve (bench) slots, they all turn into wingers?.... lol
and even as a result, they are listed as a W on the Roster tab as well...lol wtf
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Slow down, Paul...I'll take a look at it.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

dont scold me!!!
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Hes a winger because you have 7 D active and the sheet only handles 6. Doing the same thing for me with Ceci.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Just an issue with my sheet that calculates FOR (using Mik's formula). I included all players, not just forwards so any defenseman would technically qualify as a W but there should be another data point where they're already listed as D than they should remain a D. There were a few D I had listed as wingers by mistake.

Anyway...removing the defensemen from that sheet to avoid any confusion. You should be good now.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

CAM wroteCOLONHes a winger because you have 7 D active and the sheet only handles 6. Doing the same thing for me with Ceci.

Yup, saw Ceci was one of the players that were goofed up...he should be good now.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Thx scott
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Curious - when people flip from their google sheets to another web page, does your google docs page reload every single time? That's what is happening with me since the new changes have been made.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

If I've added a player to your roster or changed a position designation or updated a salary...those updates probably don't appear until you look at the page. All those updates are done on global sheets and you guys won't see any of those changes until you next visit your team sheet. You have several hidden sheets on your team sheet that reference the global sheets and that's how your sheets get their information. I have weekly grids for your rosters, position designation and waiver eligibility plus there's a sheet reference the players in the database and all their relevant information (salary, birthdate, height and weight).

A little bit about waivers. I've got it set up where I can change a player's waiver status after they clear waivers. Let's say you waive a player or two on your opening day roster (roster submission), they'll appear as "MUST CLEAR WAIVERS". They'll go through the waiver process and if they clear, they won't appear there in your Week 1 sheet. They'll temporarily be Exempt from waivers until you call them back up.
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Nice touch with that detail for waivers.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Yeah, it's just done with grids. All your rosters are done that way. Each weekly sheet references the respective column of that given week. If you make a trade prior to Week 5, your traded player will still appear on your sheets up until then but won't after Week 5. Similar concept to waivers.

With positions, I know Mik will handle the position updates but I can update my weekly grid where let's say Nugent-Hopkins starts this season as a center but probably will play wing. He can change to W whenever Mik does the first update. I'll make the changes to my grid to update the position eligibility for you guys.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Scott MVP
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I did a lot of work behind the scenes getting all that stuff to work. I'm pretty happy with the look of the sheets now. The only thing I might tweak to next year is adding some conditional formatting to your lineup sheet if you enter too many players into your lineup or if you go over the cap. I know Josh has some of those error messages animated on his sheets for ADHL. I didn't have the time to add to all your sheets. I'll do it for next year. The look of the sheet won't change very much and you guys will definitely get your sheets quicker next year...probably before the 2019 entry draft.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Will we get the ability to edit sheets ourselves?

I understand you are busy and this is 100 percent my own thing. I find it frustrating that we can't edit them ourselves as in completing trades, dropping players etc.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Me adding or dropping players off your rosters isn't a lot of work for me so that's why I don't have a problem doing it globally. I know you and a few others probably like the ability to tweak your team on your own. I'll figure a compromise out for you guys.

Maybe once the season gets going, I can put together a sheet that acts as a worksheet where you can figure out hypothetical trades and crunch salary figures.

I have the ability to create a lot of useful resources for you guys in regards to which NHL drafted players are unowned in our league or which players are under contract that are unowned in our league but I don't want to take all the research you guys like to do.

I am admittedly self-indulgent with this project. I love working with information and I love figuring out ways to display that information. But I don't want to make this less fun for you guys either. Feedback is very much appreciated.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to