Negotiate your trades here.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Re: Chicago Off-Season Trade Block

Post by Da_Hawks »

Gentlemen, time to get those trade offers to start coming in. Plenty of players available - and my draft picks can be used to move up/down - even traded for young players with upside if I really like someone.

I am preparing a couple of offers to those I have already started discussions with, so get a move on it people!
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Spurgeon is on his way out of town. Don't miss out on these hot ticket players!!
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Trade Block updated. Some great pieces still available.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Jake Muzzin: (Fantrax #57 overall, #12 for dmen)
Good for 45 points, plus player, 40-50 PIMS, 150+ shots/hits/blocks and tons of PK time.
At 4 million bucks, he's one of the best bargain d-men on the market.
Not to rain on your parade but he has never once scored 45 points in a season.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Muzzin is a solid 40 point defenseman in 3 of the last 4 years. He had the down year in '16-17 with just 28 points.

I don't know how we define a defenseman as being "offensive". I'd think at least 30 points and good periphs should make you a sold "2-way defenseman". I think when you're talking 50-60+ points...that's elite. 19 defensemen had at least 50 points this year and 7 with at least 60. 40 points is a nice pocket to be in for a defenseman when you put strong hits/blocks/SHTOI next to it.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

I supposed he had a reasonable shot to get 45 if he played a full season this year. But yeah, he's definitely not good for 45.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I'd take Fantrax ratings with a grain of salt. They hve Greg Pateryn ranked ahead of:

Colton Parayko
MDZ
Morgan Rielly
Jacob Trouba
Cam Fowler
Duncan Keith

Just to name a few. They weigh some stats too heavily in their rankings.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

The difference between 40 and 45 in a weekly league is really small. If we play 22 weeks in the regular season...that's an extra point every 4 or 5 weeks. There's no real need to round up to 45. 40 points out of a defenseman is very solid.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

Lee wroteCOLONI'd take Fantrax ratings with a grain of salt. They hve Greg Pateryn ranked ahead of:

Colton Parayko
MDZ
Morgan Rielly
Jacob Trouba
Cam Fowler
Duncan Keith

Pateryn is a defensive god Lee shut up
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Sensfanjosh wroteCOLON
Lee wroteCOLONI'd take Fantrax ratings with a grain of salt. They hve Greg Pateryn ranked ahead of:

Colton Parayko
MDZ
Morgan Rielly
Jacob Trouba
Cam Fowler
Duncan Keith

Pateryn is a defensive god Lee shut up
Sounds like Pateryn isnt the only one thats defensive :P
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Jake Muzzin: (Fantrax #57 overall, #12 for dmen)
Good for 45 points, plus player, 40-50 PIMS, 150+ shots/hits/blocks and tons of PK time.
At 4 million bucks, he's one of the best bargain d-men on the market.
Not to rain on your parade but he has never once scored 45 points in a season.
Pretty darn close this year, and prior to that he was playing under Darryl Sutter, who plays a very defensive system. I'm confident he'll have a few 45 point seasons in the near future - and likely even more if Doughty walks. Doughty walking is a pretty big bonus factor here. You never know. But if you want to only consider him a 40 point dman, then I am okay with that as well.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Colton Parayko
MDZ
Morgan Rielly
Jacob Trouba
Cam Fowler
Duncan Keith

They don't weigh any single category more than another. That's how a player like Pateryn winds up ahead of those guys.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Aren't those basically roto rankings? They rank each player in each category and they get points based on where they rank? When we play a weekly game...roto rankings aren't that accurate. Plus, some of our competitive seasons end while those players are still playing real games and accumulating stats. For the majority of us, we don't even get the last four weeks of a player's output.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I remember Jeff Schultz being a top dman in the league because he was +50
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONAren't those basically roto rankings? They rank each player in each category and they get points based on where they rank? When we play a weekly game...roto rankings aren't that accurate. Plus, some of our competitive seasons end while those players are still playing real games and accumulating stats. For the majority of us, we don't even get the last four weeks of a player's output.
Basically.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Lee wroteCOLONI remember Jeff Schultz being a top dman in the league because he was +50
Being ranked #1 in any single category is a huge boost bc the score is just the culmination of each category ranking.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

The rankings must have some relevance, I mean sure some of those names are sexier, but they clearly don't contribute to as many categories as a Pateryn for example. This league has so many scoring stats that a player who touches several categories is a valuable commodity versus one who only touches a couple. Of course it all depends on what you need.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

It would be nice if we could manually determine the weight of each category so the rankings could reflect our reality.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONIt would be nice if we could manually determine the weight of each category so the rankings could reflect our reality.
What would be the point of that? You don't get 2 wins for winning say goals and 1 for +/-. You get the same amount of wins for winning each individual category making not one single category more important than the other. Regardless of how useless certain categories like +/- actually are.
Sensfanjosh
PostsCOLON 4043
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Sensfanjosh »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONIt would be nice if we could manually determine the weight of each category so the rankings could reflect our reality.
What would be the point of that? You don't get 2 wins for winning say goals and 1 for +/-. You get the same amount of wins for winning each individual category making not one single category more important than the other. Regardless of how useless certain categories like +/- actually are.
I was going to type something similar but it is also true that a goal could potentially hit the goal category, the points category, stp category (or +/-) and gwg category, so in reality a goal is (at least potentially) worth more than a blocked shot which can only ever impact one category.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to