Congrats bro. Real happy for ya
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Re: 2018 and Beyond

Post by dave1959 »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
Handsome&FairMike wroteCOLONCongrats Scott!! Great news. Is there any way to make this sheet as the prototype going forward so you either have minimal changes to make or whoever is savvy with spreadsheets can easily take it over for you??

I hope it doesn't have to come to that but I'm trying to simplify the entire process as I learn more about what works and what doesn't. I'm juggling what little free time I have left before April rolls around.

What would most likely to happen for me is I'd relinquish my role as being a GM and just stay on as an admin (if you guys wouldn't mind that). I want to see how this all plays out and see how much of my free time is taken up by being a parent. I won't know until it happens though. I want to have it all but being a dad is something I've wanted for a while and I want to devote my time and energy to my wife and son while still being able to do some of my favorite hobbies...which includes being in this league. We'll see what happens.

Free time hahaha
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Such excellent news! Big congratulations to you big guy! You'll be a great dad I'm sure :)!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Tony wroteCOLONWoot - congrats Scotty boy!! I hear Anthony is a good name... just sayin'.

Also... not it!!
T'is one of my middle names! So I do concur
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Congrats Scott. Glad to hear you’re getting your dream job
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON I hope it doesn't have to come to that but I'm trying to simplify the entire process as I learn more about what works and what doesn't. I'm juggling what little free time I have left before April rolls around.

What would most likely to happen for me is I'd relinquish my role as being a GM and just stay on as an admin (if you guys wouldn't mind that). I want to see how this all plays out and see how much of my free time is taken up by being a parent. I won't know until it happens though. I want to have it all but being a dad is something I've wanted for a while and I want to devote my time and energy to my wife and son while still being able to do some of my favorite hobbies...which includes being in this league. We'll see what happens.
first off, congrats Scott :)

as for the concerns with your GM duties, if it turns out you really won't have enough time to keep going (which would probably only last for a while), I think you should consider looking for someone you trust to become a co-GM and run your team during your busy times (and maybe stay as co-GM beyond that).
I know it's not something that has happened yet in this league, but in the other league I'm part of most teams are actually run by two co-GMs (it's funny cause my co-GM just got a baby and this way he is free to not even think about our league for weeks)
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

An update on the sheets...should have something ready to share with you guys in the next couple weekends. It'll be ready in full after our season ends and prior to the draft.

I don't have nearly the work to do on the database like last summer. The look of the sheets have been overhauled but they require less data entry and should be easy to you for the mobile users in the group. The rosters will be fully automated and the waiver process will be automated as well. I'll explain all the new features when I give you your sheet in April. I borrowed of the concepts that Josh uses in the ADHL sheets that he uses but I've got a few new ideas of my own.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
Handsome&FairMike
PostsCOLON 4810
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Wolfville, NS

Post by Handsome&FairMike »

Unreal Scott. You make this league tick - no idea what we would do without you man!
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Yah, Scott has been a huge help to me many times in this league. Just such a valuable member...

Can’t say thank you enough!
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to