Post by Oley49 »

thanks guys. not in just yet though.
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77
JoinedCOLON Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:55 am

Re: Hello, I hope to be your new GM's

Post by Oley49 »

Matthew wroteCOLON
Oley49 wroteCOLONok cool. well thats good to know. I plan to draft next years number 1 guy. prob going to move a few bodies for draft picks if a rebuild is in order, very happy I have 2 1st and one next year as well. I may even be interested in moving a 1st for a 2nd and 3rd or something. we will see going forward.
So he needs a trade advisor.
dont think so. I dont plan to get used and abused. but if Chicago needs a rebuild and only has 2 1st rounds going into this upcoming draft. I may have to move one for 2 draft picks. more draft picks gives u a better chance to get a good player. but at the same time if one of those picks becomes a high 1st round pick I will more than likely keep it
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Oley49 wroteCOLON dont think so.
It's a requirement not an option, has nothing to do with new GM's potential ability it's just to acclimatize to league value and ensure new GMs have someone to help fend off the sharks.
Last edited by 1 on Bruyns, edited 0 times in total.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

don't trade your picks until the draft.

don't trade them for 30 + players

be prepared to be offered a lot of terrible offers from the same gms constantly
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Everyone gets trade advisors to begin so they can get used to the value of our league.

No problem trading down to build your prospect pool. Just need to know what you can get for a mid 1st for example. Hint: more than a 2nd + 3rd.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Yup, you can make reference to some of the past trades in the trade forum during draft days to get the highest value for the picks.. you should always aim to get more.. even if you are very elite in other fantasy leagues and i have no doubt you can have success here.. it will take some time for you to gauge on the value of the players and picks for their return esp you will be getting some terrible offers along the way..
just so you know.. most people in this league value picks a lot.. if you are trading your first.. i'd say you will be able to get a lot more than 2nd and 3rd depending on where your 1st ends..

i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P
#91 - John Tavares
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

hong57 wroteCOLON i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P
lol
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

ok well im still new. got some learning to be doing. Im already used to getting terrible offers all the time in other leagues lol.
not like im just going to start making trades as soon as I get the team. going to learn a little and go from there. no need to rush anything
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

For the first 2 weeks once you get the team you are unable to make trades. For the 3rd and 4th weeks you need your trade advisor to approve the trade.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

Bruyns wroteCOLON
hong57 wroteCOLON i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P
lol
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

hong57 wroteCOLONYup, you can make reference to some of the past trades in the trade forum during draft days to get the highest value for the picks.. you should always aim to get more.. even if you are very elite in other fantasy leagues and i have no doubt you can have success here.. it will take some time for you to gauge on the value of the players and picks for their return esp you will be getting some terrible offers along the way..
just so you know.. most people in this league value picks a lot.. if you are trading your first.. i'd say you will be able to get a lot more than 2nd and 3rd depending on where your 1st ends..

i'd hope your trade advisor would be matthew so you get less __________ offers when you start :P
Hong, you savage lol
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Seems like this guy is a slam-dunk. He's posted more (already) than any of the other new guys combined. We need a guy like this inserted into the league!

I would be his trade advisor, if you guys were looking for one.
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682

Post by Matthew »

Who is this WillieADace where it says newest member? Lol...
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONSeems like this guy is a slam-dunk. He's posted more (already) than any of the other new guys combined. We need a guy like this inserted into the league!

Matt is going to do it Steve, but great that you offered!
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177

Post by Bruyns »

dave1959 wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONSeems like this guy is a slam-dunk. He's posted more (already) than any of the other new guys combined. We need a guy like this inserted into the league!

Matt is going to do it Steve, but great that you offered!
I'm sure Steve will still be helpful.
Oley49
PostsCOLON 77

Post by Oley49 »

sorry my posts were delayed today, work is not fun and I forgot to make a link on my phone so I can stay up to date on break. Im perfectly fine with all rules and I agree 2 weeks no trades while I get settled in. I really like that idea. creates order. and thank you BBKL Insider, I appreciate all help going forward.

if I get Chicago I plan on spending first 2 weeks or so learning all I can about
1st: all the players I own that I dont know who they are.
2nd: study AHL teams and best players among the league and if I can find any of those as a FA(which i doubt I will)
3: study Junior Leagues like OHL. CHL and all other.
4: draft possibly great talent and speed the rebuild by a couple seasons lol (hope)
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Yea....dont... trade a 1st for 2nd and 3rd lol
dave1959
PostsCOLON 5138
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario

Post by dave1959 »

5. Don't trade with TOR, NAS or LA
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

dave1959 wroteCOLON5. Don't trade with TOR, NAS or LA
The three fairest Gms in the league? Seems like a bad idea.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to