BUTTON_POST_REPLY
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Re: 2017-18 BBKL Google Sheets

Post by koomzzz »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
* Any players that need to go on LTIR, enter their name in any of the available LTIR spots as well as enter any names of active players you want to use as cap relief.
No salary shows for relief players when they get entered in, just a heads up
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I think everyone's sheets are wrong if yours and a couple others are having the same issue. I'll check it out.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
koomzzz
PostsCOLON 1245
JoinedCOLON Wed May 25, 2016 2:15 pm
LocationCOLON Cleveland, OH

Post by koomzzz »

Shoalzie wroteCOLONI think everyone's sheets are wrong if yours and a couple others are having the same issue. I'll check it out.
Piggy backing on this, the cap relief is fixed, but the salary now doesn't reflect what it should be. The formula subtracts the salary without first removing the cap relief. so Cap Space reads (75000000-N2) instead of what probably should be (75000000-N4) which is total salary post cap relief subtraction.
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

koomzzz wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLONI think everyone's sheets are wrong if yours and a couple others are having the same issue. I'll check it out.
Piggy backing on this, the cap relief is fixed, but the salary now doesn't reflect what it should be. The formula subtracts the salary without first removing the cap relief. so Cap Space reads (75000000-N2) instead of what probably should be (75000000-N4) which is total salary post cap relief subtraction.
yea same issue with potential LTIR cap relief
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

Henrik Haapala is missing his personal information, birthdate etc..., contract info seems OK
Please fix when you get a chance :)

Out of curiosity, will Fantrax C/W eligibility be updated to match the sheet since there's a formula now? Is the formula accurate at the moment? Just need to know how to approach them being different right now between my sheet and Fantrax.
hong57
PostsCOLON 7106
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by hong57 »

Loki wroteCOLONHenrik Haapala is missing his personal information, birthdate etc..., contract info seems OK

Out of curiosity, will Fantrax C/W eligibility be updated to match the sheet since there's a formula now? Is the formula accurate at the moment? Just need to know how to approach them being different right now between my sheet and Fantrax.
you should drop the player as he is not eligible for the bbkl for coming years ;)
#91 - John Tavares
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Loki wroteCOLONHenrik Haapala is missing his personal information, birthdate etc..., contract info seems OK

Yeah, I'll go through each player in the draft and get their missing info filled in.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Loki wroteCOLONOut of curiosity, will Fantrax C/W eligibility be updated to match the sheet since there's a formula now? Is the formula accurate at the moment? Just need to know how to approach them being different right now between my sheet and Fantrax.

I have Mik's FOR formula in place for players from last season. I don't recall his policy on rookies or new players.
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
Loki wroteCOLONOut of curiosity, will Fantrax C/W eligibility be updated to match the sheet since there's a formula now? Is the formula accurate at the moment? Just need to know how to approach them being different right now between my sheet and Fantrax.

I have Mik's FOR formula in place for players from last season. I don't recall his policy on rookies or new players.
At the moment the discrepancies I have are:
Nick Bjugstad - C on sheet, W on Fantrax
Brayden Point - C on sheet, W on Fantrax
Devin Shore - W on sheet, C on Fantrax

I'm fine with whichever way it goes, just need to know if it's Fantrax that will change to match the sheet before the season starts?
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572
JoinedCOLON Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm
LocationCOLON Long Island, New York

Post by foofnik »

Loki wroteCOLON
Shoalzie wroteCOLON
Sheet should be accurate. Fantrax will be changed to match. Is my understanding.

At the moment the discrepancies I have are:
Nick Bjugstad - C on sheet, W on Fantrax
Brayden Point - C on sheet, W on Fantrax
Devin Shore - W on sheet, C on Fantrax

I'm fine with whichever way it goes, just need to know if it's Fantrax that will change to match the sheet before the season starts?
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

usual rule: if player's FOR was >0.45 last season he will start as C, if < 0.45 will start as W
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

Shoalzie wroteCOLON
I don't know about googledoc sheets right now, but fantrax is yet to be updated according to 2016/17 FOR and the 0.45 threshold.
Eventually players will be listed the same on both sources though.

Reminder for the used criteria:
- FOR threshold set at 0.45 (> .45 ==> C)
- last previous season with at least 20 gp determines position (according with the FOR number registered in that season)
- current season's FOR determines position for bbkl-rookies (i.e. players who never reached 20gp in one NHL RS) once they reach 10 gp

We decided to leave the fantrax default position for those players not eligible yet for FOR determination (i.e. rookies who have yet to hit the in-season 10 gp mark).
However, when fantrax assigns a dual to those players it gets problematic to go back and find out which was the player's original position on fantrax (not to mention, for some players fantrax might have assigned a dual right from the start..)
For this reason, we use the in-season FOR to eliminate duals on fantrax no matter how many NHL games that player has played. And for duals players who have zero games in the league, I'll go looking for their position on nhl.com draft list: http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.htm?sort=overallPick
and set that position as provisional starting position (duals there would be W for us).
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938

Post by Loki »

I don't believe Adam Johnson (PIT) has an entry, only the D of the same name
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=121852
He's a W on Fantrax but Pittsburgh is playing him as a center in camp
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

Looks like the links to the logos might've finally bitten the dust. I've been linking directly to Chris Creamer's site up until now. I might either find a new site or I'll just save the logos from the site and then upload them to my own web space. Logos will temporarily be missing until I can resolve this issue. Getting your player info wrapped is the higher priority though.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

Did we ever get a fix for LTIR yet? Sekera still not having his cap hit removed on mine even with a REL player
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

I bounced around and fixed most sheets. If I didn't get to you, I'll be checking everyone's sheets again to see who I might've missed.
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Can anyone tell me why i get this error when trying to enter a new claimed player? Is it because he is not in Scott's database yet? He is on Cap Friendly....

There is a Problem!

The data you entered in cell A79 violates the data validation rules set on this cell.
foofnik
PostsCOLON 1572

Post by foofnik »

CAM wroteCOLONCan anyone tell me why i get this error when trying to enter a new claimed player? Is it because he is not in Scott's database yet? He is on Cap Friendly....

There is a Problem!

The data you entered in cell A79 violates the data validation rules set on this cell.
Not in database yet
CAM
PostsCOLON 3734
JoinedCOLON Fri May 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by CAM »

Thank you, that is what i guessed, just wanted to make sure....
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Shoalzie »

That data validation function is in place so it makes sure you guys enter names correctly and to let me know if a player is missing from my database.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to