How bout them Bills?

All talk regarding sports at any level!
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

How bout them Bills?

Post by Chuck Norris »

Deals in place acquiring McCoy and Matt Cassel. Just have to wait till Wednesday to make it official. A real RB, half a QB, decent D....god forbid they're giving me hope for this coming season.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: How bout them Bills?

Post by Arian The Insider »

my eagles making some big changes
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

i'm an eagles fan as well, huge McCoy fan but i like the player coming back.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONi'm an eagles fan as well, huge McCoy fan but i like the player coming back.
same thoughts as well. mccoy was my favourite eagle but alonso is a beast and should recover fully from ACL surgery. clears a ton of cap room as well. need about 6 starters and have 50 mil cap. hopefully maclin and thornton get signed and we have 35-40 left for 4 starters. oh and cutting demeco ryans gives us another 6.9 mil if needed.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

Arian The Insider wroteCOLON
The BBKL Insider wroteCOLONi'm an eagles fan as well, huge McCoy fan but i like the player coming back.
same thoughts as well. mccoy was my favourite eagle but alonso is a beast and should recover fully from ACL surgery. clears a ton of cap room as well. need about 6 starters and have 50 mil cap. hopefully maclin and thornton get signed and we have 35-40 left for 4 starters. oh and cutting demeco ryans gives us another 6.9 mil if needed.
yup, i'm a big Maclin fan, i also love Riley Cooper and that nutbag is locked down until 2018.

Alonso will bring some nice stablility to the middle of the field, guy is fast and hits hard.
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

Yeah 13 mil for McCoy isn't great but buffalo has tons of space so we can eat it. Alonso is going to be sick for you guys.
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

Who cares
Click banner to view current roster and picks
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONDeals in place acquiring McCoy and Matt Cassel. Just have to wait till Wednesday to make it official. A real RB, half a QB, decent D....god forbid they're giving me hope for this coming season.
This is why the Bills will never get anywhere lol! McCoy was the 3rd most efficient RB on his own team last year let alone compared to the rest of the league lol! The Bills overpaid severely for McCoy. You just don't pay RB's that kind of money this day and age. That and studies show that rbs peak at age 26, so you are paying for past performance as opposed to future performance. The amount of carries McCoy has over the past 4 years have taken their toll.

By comparision someone like Mark Ingram at age 25 has less carries 587 over the course of his career than McCoy has in his past two seasons and could've signed him on the open market for about half. This will be the best fa market since the inaugural fa in the 1993 off season.

That and this is the best rb draft in probably a decade or so. As many as 10 rbs could be taken in the first 75 picks or so.

And Matt Cassel? Lol. So we are getting excited about career backup qbs now? Oh boy. You do realize he is worse than Kyle Orton right?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

Hmm. Buffalos defense was amazing last year without Alonso so they felt he was expendable. Pretty savy move IMO especially when you take into consideration he's torn the same ACL twice in the last couple of years.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

KapG wroteCOLONHmm. Buffalos defense was amazing last year without Alonso so they felt he was expendable. Pretty savy move IMO especially when you take into consideration he's torn the same ACL twice in the last couple of years.
He tore it his freshman year in college I believe. ACL tears aren't all doom and gloom as they used to. The 2nd repair on an acl tear is actually almost all of the time a stronger repair than the 1st one these days. He will be fine since he will have had more than a full calendar year to recover by the time training camp opens up.

And there is nothing savvy about trading for a 12 million dollar RB that is on the downside of his career and doesn't even fit the scheme that the Bills are likely to run. Ironically Bryce Brown is a much better fit than McCoy(assuming he can quit fumbling) whom the Eagles also fleeced the Bills for :lol:
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Mcxoys mileage is being overplayed IMO.

Also buffalo had to do something. Jackson is oooold and spiller is walking iirc. They dealt from a positiin of strength for a position of weakness.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

They could have signed Mark Ingram for half the price and a much better fit. The Eagles might have outright released McCoy if they couldn't find a trading partner. As I've mention this is the best RB draft class in over a decade and best FA class since the inaugural FA class...trading for a 12 million dollar running back is stupid much less trading a LB with all-pro upside making 790K for the next 3 years. I take it you didn't see much of McCoy last year? What makes him so unique is he "had" the fastest first step at RB in the NFL and a jump cut only matched by Jamaal Charles. 300 carries in a season is a death bell for a RB and he has carried the rock over 300 times in each of the past 2 seasons. Wanna take a guess what usually happens in the 3rd season after carrying the ball 300 times? At least least he didn't carry it 400 times like DeMarco lol! Anyone remember Larry Johnson's season after carrying it 400+ times? lol!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

Um
Go drug flutie
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

You actually believe that tweet that they were going to release McCoy?

If McCoy sucks they can just cut him. I just like how buffalo is trying to actively improve.

I'm all bout dem packers anyways so I don't *actually* care what any other teams.do. just nice to see them wheeling and dealing. I guess i kindof have a soft spot for them from the jJim Kelly/Thurman Thomas days though.
Lee
PostsCOLON 16828
JoinedCOLON Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Lee »

I'm a huge fan of Buffalo Bill
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

LOL! It's almost sad you guys don't know how badly you've gotten fleeced yet. McCoy wasn't coming back unless they could agree to a restructured contract or an extension at a lower cap number. Neither was going to happen because McCoy refused to take a pay cut. He was the 3rd best rb on his own team last season...he was already 1 foot out the door.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Guess we will see how he does in buffalo :).
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304

While he did dance around too much at times last season, in his defense, almost our whole o-line was hurt or suspended at some point during the first half of the season. The alarming thing about him is that he averaged 2.09 yards after contact, which is the lowest of his career since his rookie season where he posted 2.10. while our starting 5 on the o-line weren't together for most of the season and certainly didn't look as great as the year before, they were still rated the best o-line by PFF. I know advanced stats don't tell the whole story and there were definitely better line's in the NFL this year. However, the metric shows that they were still at least decent over the course of the entire season.

Another point in his defense however, is that he never had decent QB play around him. Foles was bad in the beginning of the year and while Sanchez wasn't much worse, teams didn't respect his crappy arm and would play the run and the short passes.

He's still my favourite RB and probably player in the league and I still believe the ability is there, but we'll have to see how he plays for ourselves this year with the Bills. My concern for him is that he'll have a QB just as bad if not worse than this year and a significantly worse o-line. I still wish him the best though (except against the Eagles, of course).
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

man aryan talkin about football to this length makes me wet
so sexy
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to