2013 NFL Playoffs

All talk regarding sports at any level!
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Re: 2013 NFL Playoffs

Post by kimmer »

That post was in no way, trying to create arguments, cordy. Of course Ontarians can follow the EPL and the IPL for all I care. Usually though, if you actually get what I'm trying to convey, sports or politics, law of majority usually follows with it. MAJORITY of fans in each NFL/NHL/NBA/EPL/MLS etc teams are from their own cities. It's fine to like the NFL, but I observe all of my friends who are into the NFL and only ONE person i know is actually a Bills fan. His reasoning was sound and simple to my ear: it's the closest NFL team geographically to Toronto. I really liked that, and then started developing over the top disapproval of those who randomly chose their teams.
Arian The Insider
PostsCOLON 7304
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Arian The Insider »

Bills suck cock

would not even like them if they relocated to Toronto
Click Oilers image below for full team roster
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

I grew up in the San Francisco bay area, but I'm a Bears fan. I had family who were Niners fans, others who were Raiders fans, and even some who were Cowboys fans. I tried to like the Raiders but I couldn't ... most of their fans are true scumbags. So I gave a middle finger to my family and their teams and chose my own. My wife was in med school in Chicago and the first game I ever went to was Bears v. Packers at Soldier Field in 30 degree weather. It was fucking awesome. I loved the fans too.

My love for the Bears means nothing because I grew up two time zones away? It's fucking sports ... who cares.
Click banner to view current roster and picks
bma
PostsCOLON 2282
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Post by bma »

blues wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLON
cordyceps wroteCOLON He's clearly no Peyton and with Wayne out it'll hurt, but any game Luck is in we have a chance to win. We beat Seattle, 49ers in San Francisco and Denver. We had Wayne for them all, but Luck has shown he can play with the best.

I expect a Round 2 exit. I think we can crush the Chiefs. We beat them in their stadium and their D is overrated. It's great, mind you, but they had a cake-walk schedule this year and are 1-5 vs. playoff teams.[/quote]

Two of those losses came to the 9-7 SD Chargers..heheh

I really think the AFC is wide open though. I think Denver and NE are definitely beatable.
Definitely wide open. I think the NFC is pretty wide open too. Saints, Panthers, 49ers, Seahawks. All great teams.

My "out-there" Super bowl prediction: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Carolina Panthers
My non-homer picks:

AFC
Chargers vs. Bengals
Chiefs vs. Colts

Chargers vs. Broncos
Colts vs. Pats

Colts vs. Broncos

NFC
Packers vs. 49ers
Saints vs. Eagles

49ers vs. Seahawks
Eagles vs. Panthers

Panthers vs. Seahawks

Superbowl CHAMPS: SEAHAWKS

Obviously, my homer picks would be to have the CHargers winning every game.
Click banner for full assets/roster
GM Achievements:
2013/14 - WC Quarterfinalist (Colorado Avalanche)
2012/13 - BBKL Finalist and WC Champion (Columbus Blue Jackets)
2011/12 - WC Semi-Finalist (Columbus Blue Jackets)
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

gooker wroteCOLONThat post was in no way, trying to create arguments, cordy. Of course Ontarians can follow the EPL and the IPL for all I care. Usually though, if you actually get what I'm trying to convey, sports or politics, law of majority usually follows with it. MAJORITY of fans in each NFL/NHL/NBA/EPL/MLS etc teams are from their own cities. It's fine to like the NFL, but I observe all of my friends who are into the NFL and only ONE person i know is actually a Bills fan. His reasoning was sound and simple to my ear: it's the closest NFL team geographically to Toronto. I really liked that, and then started developing over the top disapproval of those who randomly chose their teams.
Being a fan of the Bills because Buffalo is the closest team geographically is even more stupid. I hate Buffalo as a city and everything about it. It does not even come close to reflecting the type of city Toronto is. I have no association with Buffalo whatsoever and cannot relate to anything Buffalo is about other then the fact that it is 2 hours away from Toronto.

Most people become fans of sport teams because of their sport experiences and exposures as a kid. It seems like most people follow their home-town teams because those are the teams that get exposed to you over and over again as a kid and you eventually becoming a fan. For me, I started watching football as a kid and Ladainian Tomlinson was my favourite player, hence Ive been following the Chargers since the early 2000's. I'm guessing this is the same with Peyton Manning and the Indy fans on this board.
GM Achievements:
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

My dads been a packer fan since forever so we got raised in a packer household. Wouldnt want it any other way!
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

KapG wroteCOLONMy dads been a packer fan since forever so we got raised in a packer household. Wouldnt want it any other way!
Have you ever been to Lambeau? Going to Lambeau for a game would be unreal.
GM Achievements:
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

bcool wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONMy dads been a packer fan since forever so we got raised in a packer household. Wouldnt want it any other way!
Naw but my dad really wants to so we may just have to do it.

My brother and I are shareholders :)
Tony
PostsCOLON 11222
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 10:29 pm
LocationCOLON Nevada

Post by Tony »

And expensive for a non-STH
Click banner to view current roster and picks
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

KapG wroteCOLON
bcool wroteCOLON
Naw but my dad really wants to so we may just have to do it.

My brother and I are shareholders :)
you should definitely. Its a whole different sporting experience going to an NFL game. As is going to a college football game. My top 5 live sporting experiences:

1. Michigan Wolverines vs. Central Michigan, home opener at the BIG HOUSE
2. San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee, in 2009 at qualcomm
3. Maple Leafs vs. Bruins, game 3 playoffs, 2013
4. Raptors vs. Nets, game 4 playoffs, forget the year
5. All the Toronto blue jays home openers I've been to every year for the last 15 years.

Bucket list: SUPERBOWL, FIFA WORLD CUP, CANADA HOCKEY OLYMPICS, the rest of the MLB stadiums I havent been to, game at camp nou in barcelona, World Series (with the jays), stanley cup game (with the leafs)
GM Achievements:
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

Thanks for your somewhat insightful/useful opinions, bcool and tony.

I tried following football again this year, in the summer time while I was in Vegas with all my white football friends and they keep bugging me to follow a team, so I went to Lids and decided to buy an official NFL sideline cap. I chose the Atlanta Falcons purely based on the fact that it's a cool gangster ass fuckin logo.

Needless to say, I already gave up following the team/NFL about 2 weeks in. I need to study the sport more. I can't appreciate it. I can't fucking enjoy it. I'm braindead and want to punch somebody in the face.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

gooker wroteCOLONThanks for your somewhat insightful/useful opinions, bcool and tony.

I tried following football again this year, in the summer time while I was in Vegas with all my white football friends and they keep bugging me to follow a team, so I went to Lids and decided to buy an official NFL sideline cap. I chose the Atlanta Falcons purely based on the fact that it's a cool gangster ass fuckin logo.

Needless to say, I already gave up following the team/NFL about 2 weeks in. I need to study the sport more. I can't appreciate it. I can't fucking enjoy it. I'm braindead and want to punch somebody in the face.
Maybe football isn't for you then. No need to force it.
GM Achievements:
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090

Post by kimmer »

bcool wroteCOLON
you should definitely. Its a whole different sporting experience going to an NFL game. As is going to a college football game. My top 5 live sporting experiences:

1. Michigan Wolverines vs. Central Michigan, home opener at the BIG HOUSE
2. San Diego Chargers vs. Tennessee, in 2009 at qualcomm
3. Maple Leafs vs. Bruins, game 3 playoffs, 2013
4. Raptors vs. Nets, game 4 playoffs, forget the year
5. All the Toronto blue jays home openers I've been to every year for the last 15 years.

Bucket list: SUPERBOWL, FIFA WORLD CUP, CANADA HOCKEY OLYMPICS, the rest of the MLB stadiums I havent been to, game at camp nou in barcelona, World Series (with the jays), stanley cup game (with the leafs)
surprised ur LAK game with Kopitar VIP pass isn't one of ur top 5
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

gooker wroteCOLON
surprised ur LAK game with Kopitar VIP pass isn't one of ur top 5
Yeah, that was pretty sweet too.
GM Achievements:
Chuck Norris
PostsCOLON 4954
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Chuck Norris »

bcool wroteCOLON
gooker wroteCOLONThat post was in no way, trying to create arguments, cordy. Of course Ontarians can follow the EPL and the IPL for all I care. Usually though, if you actually get what I'm trying to convey, sports or politics, law of majority usually follows with it. MAJORITY of fans in each NFL/NHL/NBA/EPL/MLS etc teams are from their own cities. It's fine to like the NFL, but I observe all of my friends who are into the NFL and only ONE person i know is actually a Bills fan. His reasoning was sound and simple to my ear: it's the closest NFL team geographically to Toronto. I really liked that, and then started developing over the top disapproval of those who randomly chose their teams.
Being a fan of the Bills because Buffalo is the closest team geographically is even more stupid. I hate Buffalo as a city and everything about it. It does not even come close to reflecting the type of city Toronto is. I have no association with Buffalo whatsoever and cannot relate to anything Buffalo is about other then the fact that it is 2 hours away from Toronto.

Most people become fans of sport teams because of their sport experiences and exposures as a kid. It seems like most people follow their home-town teams because those are the teams that get exposed to you over and over again as a kid and you eventually becoming a fan. For me, I started watching football as a kid and Ladainian Tomlinson was my favourite player, hence Ive been following the Chargers since the early 2000's. I'm guessing this is the same with Peyton Manning and the Indy fans on this board.
I'm a Bills fan and became one because they are the closest to Canada. The most NFL exposure I ever got was Bills games as a kid and my favorite player back then was Thurman Thomas, not to mention when Doug Flutie (my favorite CFL QB) got a shot with them too.

Since the Bills are out I'm rooting for the niners because I got a buddy of mine whos big into the niners and we talk a ton about them; not to mention I had like 5 niners on my fantasy football team this year.
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLON I'm a Bills fan and became one because they are the closest to Canada. The most NFL exposure I ever got was Bills games as a kid and my favorite player back then was Thurman Thomas, not to mention when Doug Flutie (my favorite CFL QB) got a shot with them too.

Since the Bills are out I'm rooting for the niners because I got a buddy of mine whos big into the niners and we talk a ton about them; not to mention I had like 5 niners on my fantasy football team this year.
Nice, I also cheered for Doug Flutie..was super upset when they played Rob Johnson over him in the playoffs..

Also, loved watching Steve Young play when I was a kid so I definitely do not hate the 49ers..
GM Achievements:
Shep
PostsCOLON 13901
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Post by Shep »

What a comeback! GO COLTS!
Inaugural GM
[STL] 2009 - 2016
[PHI] 2019 -
bma
PostsCOLON 2282

Post by bma »

blues wroteCOLONWhat a comeback! GO COLTS!
yeah..what a fucking game!
GM Achievements:
shooker
PostsCOLON 4382
JoinedCOLON Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 am

Post by shooker »

blues wroteCOLONWhat a comeback! GO COLTS!
Amazing game. I'll admit I lost hope but am I ever glad I didn't stop watching. That son of a bitch Luck somehow pulled it off.

Amazing day for football all around, last second field goal for a saints win! Jeeze, can't ask for a better wildcard Saturday. Pumped for the games tomorrow.
The BBKL Insider
PostsCOLON 22628
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm
LocationCOLON San Juan, Puerto Rico

Post by The BBKL Insider »

What a horrible sports day

Canada lost
Leafs lost
Eagles lost

I quit sports, will take up piano
BUTTON_POST_REPLY