NSH - PIT

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: NSH - PIT

Post by kyuss »

Bruyns wroteCOLON Pretty much what I was just telling Duncan before this trade went down. Said Mik is loaded, but manages to find GMs to bail him out like how he ended up with Karlsson on his team. Hats off to Mik though he is a really good GM (in the regular season ;) )
ahah the cheapshot came earlier than expected this time, in the middle of the post already.

As for bailing me out.. I guess the guy who paid a 5th rounder for Spurgeon did that back in the day.

Usually at roster submission it's more like GMs failing to take advantage of opportunities... like Nichushkin for a 3rd rounder last year, or Spurgeon, Weegar, Ekholm and others in the past.

Bruyns wroteCOLON I like Dugan and Jenik quite a bit too, remember Hathaway went for a 1st and I just paid a 1st for Barrie who doesn't put up defensive stats. I look at my minors and get pretty jealous when I look at Mik's team, but then I remember he never cashes his assets in to overpay and actually field a dominant team.
the way playoffs are structured in this league, it doesn't make much sense to massively overpay to try to field a dominant team. With 1-week matchups and without subs allowed, in-week injuries are a decisive factor and luck plays a big role (no offense :P ).

Actually, probably I would have won a title already if several years ago I didn't make some horrible deals at the trade deadline to improve my chances in the upcoming playoffs.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Loki wroteCOLONLol I like how Mik calls them "some prospects that have a remote chance to have long term success" and then gets offended that I called them a lucky dip bundle
didn't have a good sleep this past night eh? :D
Loki
PostsCOLON 1938
JoinedCOLON Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:38 pm
LocationCOLON Melbourne, AUS

Post by Loki »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Loki wroteCOLONLol I like how Mik calls them "some prospects that have a remote chance to have long term success" and then gets offended that I called them a lucky dip bundle
didn't have a good sleep this past night eh? :D
To be honest I just skimmed over most of the chirping :lol:
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

I mean I like Dugan, but that's a hefty price to pay for him and Jenik imo. Especially considering that pick looks to be in the 12-18 range likely. Time will tell.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

forgot to add... given Matt's comments, feels like that theory must have been a factor in TMussolani's requests :-o
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

just be quiet man
Bruyns
PostsCOLON 7177
JoinedCOLON Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Bruyns »

Mik you know I’m just teasing you, never had issues with you or your GMing. Also didn’t give Duncan any advice, he’s not a typical novice GM and he is asking for way too much for Tkachuk but I wouldn’t move him so he wants a big haul for him understandably.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

of course no issues here either, firing back doesn't mean otherwise ;)
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Chuck Norris wroteCOLONWhat in the actual fuck is this???? People have to stop trading Mik their 1sts for his cast offs. Unbelievable...

He's having issues every offseason and someone ALWAYS bails him out. Enough already....
+1
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Fraser wroteCOLON
Chuck Norris wroteCOLONWhat in the actual fuck is this???? People have to stop trading Mik their 1sts for his cast offs. Unbelievable...

He's having issues every offseason and someone ALWAYS bails him out. Enough already....
+1
read what followed Fraser, there was no bailing out needed. And those players were certainly not my cast offs..
thom54
PostsCOLON 7459
JoinedCOLON Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:00 pm
LocationCOLON Kingston, ON

Post by thom54 »

the hell is this?!?!!?!?
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

thom54 wroteCOLONthe hell is this?!?!!?!?
The annual Mik bailout
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to