FLA/NYR

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Florida Chris
PostsCOLON 2589
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

FLA/NYR

Post by Florida Chris »

To Florida

Shayne Gostisbehere

To New York Rangers

Alex Nylander
Sam Gagner
Thomas Hickey
2020 3rd rounder (Florida)
2020 6th rounder (St. Louis)
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Re: FLA/NYR

Post by KapG »

Confirm
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Sssmooth & Creammmy
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

Like this one for Florida. This is a sell low for Ghost and buy high for Nylander.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

If nylander was still in Buffalo I don’t make this trade. Like him in Chicago and the trade makes me worse so here we are ;)
Fraser
PostsCOLON 3681
JoinedCOLON Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am
LocationCOLON Perth, Western Australia

Post by Fraser »

Hmm all kinds of risk all over the shop here.

Due to quantity I prob like it for NYR. Ghost is a bit of a depth risk with how Myers has come exploding out of the gate offensively for Philly, and could end up losing some of his offensive time.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Fraser wroteCOLONHmm all kinds of risk all over the shop here.

Due to quantity I prob like it for NYR. Ghost is a bit of a depth risk with how Myers has come exploding out of the gate offensively for Philly, and could end up losing some of his offensive time.
There is literally 0 chance of Ghost losing PP time to Myers. Myers is at best the 5th option on D for PP time.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON

5th? Has to be higher than that with his recent play, no? Also, are you a Flyers fan?
There is literally 0 chance of Ghost losing PP time to Myers. Myers is at best the 5th option on D for PP time.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON

5th? Has to be higher than that with his recent play, no? Also, are you a Flyers fan?
Ghost, Provorov, Niskanen, Sanheim, then Myers.

He's a defensive defender that can skate. Couple of fluke goals aren't changing that.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

yea lol. 5th for sure on depth. might wanna look beyond just stats on paper lol
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Interesting. Thought they would have him higher than Sanheim and Niskanen, but I do understand he's mostly a solid 2-way guy. Not sure where he ends up as a final pairing though.
kimmer
PostsCOLON 18090
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:25 pm
LocationCOLON Ontario, Canada

Post by kimmer »

in a flip of a switch come next season if sanheim doesn't continue to improve and Myers does, it could look different but until then
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

kimmer wroteCOLONin a flip of a switch come next season if sanheim doesn't continue to improve and Myers does, it could look different but until then
It won't. The offensive part of Myers game is highly overrated.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
kimmer wroteCOLONin a flip of a switch come next season if sanheim doesn't continue to improve and Myers does, it could look different but until then
His recent goals were nice. I can see him having multiple 30 point seasons.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
I'd bet against it. While Niskanen is a 2 year rental, Ghost, Provorov, Sanheim, and York aren't going anywhere anytime soon. He's not going to get PP time and aside from his high end neutral zone play and ability to deny controlled zone entries, he has been average at best in other categories and downright dreadful in others such as controlled exits.

Bottom line, he and Sanheim are likely long term 2nd pairing partners at ES given how well they complement each other and he will kill penalties. He profiles very similarly to Brayden Coburn back in the day without Coburn's physicality which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
CasperX22 wroteCOLON
I'd bet against it. While Niskanen is a 2 year rental, Ghost, Provorov, Sanheim, and York aren't going anywhere anytime soon. He's not going to get PP time and aside from his high end neutral zone play and ability to deny controlled zone entries, he has been average at best in other categories and downright dreadful in others such as controlled exits.

Bottom line, he and Sanheim are likely long term 2nd pairing partners at ES given how well they complement each other and he will kill penalties. He profiles very similarly to Brayden Coburn back in the day without Coburn's physicality which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
With all those Ghost trade rumours circling, he could be on the outs... he'll never man the PP1, but maybe a solid option on PP2 every now and then. I don`t think 30 points is out of the realm of possibility for him.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

He's been rumored to have been on the block for the past 3 years. I'll believe it when I see it. Even if I entertain the notion that he will be traded, then 2021 and beyond he still has Provorov, Sanheim, and York to go through for PP time. I don't know how many more ways I can spell this out. Could it happen? Sure. You could get hit by a flying turd when you walk outside today. Is it likely? Probably not.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONHe's been rumored to have been on the block for the past 3 years. I'll believe it when I see it. Even if I entertain the notion that he will be traded, then 2021 and beyond he still has Provorov, Sanheim, and York to go through for PP time. I don't know how many more ways I can spell this out. Could it happen? Sure. You could get hit by a flying turd when you walk outside today. Is it likely? Probably not.
I prefer to be an optimist. You should take a page out that book sometimes. Must be tiring being Casper.
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136

Post by CasperX22 »

I prefer to be a realist.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

CasperX22 wroteCOLONI prefer to be a realist.
You cannot be a realist when projecting potential. It's either you are bearish or bullish, because it's impossible for you to know 100% what any player will become.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to