Buffalo - Chicago

Trades that have been confirmed on the forum and have been reviewed and processed by the league are moved here.
Shoalzie
PostsCOLON 12673
JoinedCOLON Mon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm
LocationCOLON Portland, MI
CONTACTCOLON

Re: Buffalo - Chicago

Post by Shoalzie »

The Wings have no secondary scoring to speak of so I imagine Yzerman is taking on reclamation projects like Perlini and Fabbri and see if he can find scoring on the cheap and not give up too much draft capital. The Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha line got them off to the nice but that scoring dried up.
DETROIT RED WINGS | ROSTER | FANTRAX
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876
JoinedCOLON Thu May 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by kyuss »

still doesn't look that good for CHI when NYR managed to get Reilly Smith for a similar price
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
JoinedCOLON Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 am
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLONstill doesn't look that good for CHI when NYR managed to get Reilly Smith for a similar price
Maybe if your initial asking prices weren't so damn outrageous, you wouldn't have to settle for pennies on the dollar and make comments like that.

Also, I got 2 players, once being much younger than Reilly Smith and the other (Hainsey) still being a valuable h2h contributor with value. I like my value much better (given my team needs) than one Reilly Smith (not to take away the fact that RS is a great player).
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908
JoinedCOLON Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm
LocationCOLON Toronto (beach area)

Post by KapG »

kyuss wroteCOLONstill doesn't look that good for CHI when NYR managed to get Reilly Smith for a similar price
:D

To be fair it was one of those deals where I was just in the right spot at the right time. If the cap wasn’t a concern for you at the time of the trade there is no way I get smith for what I got him for.
Last edited by 1 on KapG, edited 0 times in total.
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
Maybe if your initial asking prices weren't so damn outrageous, you wouldn't have to settle for pennies on the dollar and make comments like that.

Also, I got 2 players, once being much younger than Reilly Smith and the other (Hainsey) still being a valuable h2h contributor with value. I like my value much better (given my team needs) than one Reilly Smith (not to take away the fact that RS is a great player).
I don’t know

I don’t think fsbbri and hainsey come close to the value of smith...

He’s an offensive weapon who puts up big shtoi numbers and is still in his 20s iirc.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLON
outrageous? lol, you might want to go back and check the offer I made to you involving R.Smith..
I think this shows pretty well why you didn't get Smith. The fact you fail to recognize he's a much better piece than the big question mark Fabbri has become (no matter how younger he is... it's not like Smith is old) + a 38yrs old Hainsey isn't anyone else's fault.
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

You were asking for Cholowski, Georgiev and my 2nd for Smith and Compher. With that 2nd alone I got Fabbri and Hainsey while keeping two very good young players on my team. Compher is a bum - the only good piece was Smith who would never return anything better than Cholowski and Georgiev - which you just proved by only getting two measly picks for him. Pretty sure I made the right call here.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

lol, Compher is a bum, Fabbri and Hainsey are good pieces instead.

Also, I thought Cholowski was a healthy scratch in nowadays Detroit's powerhouse and Georgiev a backup, but tbh haven't been following them since you certified them as not-tradable core pieces

and btw, since you were so adamant to make that offer public, you might want to report it in its integrity (how convenient you missed the 3rd coming your way)
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

Hey, you told me to go back and look up the trade, sounded like an invitation to make it public to me. And that other pick you were sending hardly offsets the lopsided value you were asking. Nice try though.

Comphers of the world can be had all the time. He's nothing special, whereas the upside of a Fabbri is much more appealing.

Both Cholowski and Georgiev are having very good years and have plenty of upside still.

You keep talking about values here, but you are probably just angry that you screwed the pooch with Reilly Smith by selling him low. It's okay, you can't always fleece rebuilding teams into giving up their young pieces.
lightupdadarkness
PostsCOLON 4881
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:37 pm

Post by lightupdadarkness »

Wewwwwwww
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

I personally think you would have won that deal, hawkes.

Smith+compher+3rd
For
Cholo+georgiev+2nd

That being said, Mik was in a very tough spot cap-wise, so he shouldnt be given a fair/fairish deal. He should have to lose a lot of value. Good for you for standing your ground. Good for kapg for getting a good deal. It's nice to see the top teams lose value to bottom teams once in a while.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

Da_Hawks wroteCOLONHey, you told me to go back and look up the trade, sounded like an invitation to make it public to me. And that other pick you were sending hardly offsets the lopsided value you were asking. Nice try though.

Comphers of the world can be had all the time. He's nothing special, whereas the upside of a Fabbri is much more appealing.

Both Cholowski and Georgiev are having very good years and have plenty of upside still.

You keep talking about values here, but you are probably just angry that you screwed the pooch with Reilly Smith by selling him low. It's okay, you can't always fleece rebuilding teams into giving up their young pieces.
I am not angry at all, I tried to move Smith for months for what I felt was better value than that, but apparently was too much of an oldie (LOL) for teams with cap room to even bother making a counter. As a result (not because I screwed up, like I did instead several times in the past, more because someone else did) I ended up moving him for a decent pick that I hope I will be able to turn into 1st round value.

Moving good players for cheap happened in the past and will happen in the future I guess, my team should be fine anyway. GMs that can recognize opportunities will benefit, other GMs won't.

I do wonder, btw... if Comphers can be had all the time, why does your team have zero of them?
I mean, JT would easily be your #1 C, and your best forward too, so why don't you go and pick up some Comphers around the league?
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

I got Connolly off mik last year on waivers because of an error he made. Pays to be patient sometimes
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

kyuss wroteCOLON
Da_Hawks wroteCOLONHey, you told me to go back and look up the trade, sounded like an invitation to make it public to me. And that other pick you were sending hardly offsets the lopsided value you were asking. Nice try though.

I am not angry at all, I tried to move Smith for months for what I felt was better value than that, but apparently was too much of an oldie (LOL) for teams with cap room to even bother making a counter. As a result (not because I screwed up, like I did instead several times in the past, more because someone else did) I ended up moving him for a decent pick that I hope I will be able to turn into 1st round value.

Moving good players for cheap happened in the past and will happen in the future I guess, my team should be fine anyway. GMs that can recognize opportunities will benefit, other GMs won't.

I do wonder, btw... if Comphers can be had all the time, why does your team have zero of them?
I mean, JT would easily be your #1 C, and your best forward too, so why don't you go and pick up some Comphers around the league?
I’m probably tanking now so that 2nd should get you a first round talent with your prospect knowledge.
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

KapG wroteCOLONI got Connolly off mik last year on waivers because of an error he made. Pays to be patient sometimes
that's a good example of where I did screw up lol (was during 2017/18 season though)

oh and I remember people saying Connolly was worthless anyway...
KapG
PostsCOLON 11908

Post by KapG »

kyuss wroteCOLON
KapG wroteCOLONI got Connolly off mik last year on waivers because of an error he made. Pays to be patient sometimes
that's a good example of where I did screw up lol

oh and I remember people saying Connolly was worthless anyway...
Well, the player he has become the last year and a half is not the player he was for most of his time in Washington. He’s finally showing some of thet promise that had him drafted so early
kyuss
PostsCOLON 14876

Post by kyuss »

well people saying he was worthless apparently couldn't see it coming
Matthew
PostsCOLON 13682
JoinedCOLON Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Matthew »

Hehe hard for anyone to see it coming when it took until he was 26 to show what he's got.
ANAHEIM DUCKS | FANTRAX |
Da_Hawks
PostsCOLON 2706
LocationCOLON Ottawa

Post by Da_Hawks »

kyuss wroteCOLON

Because I don't need to go out and acquire the Comphers of the world at this time. When you rebuild, you don't throw away assets for guys like Compher unless you absolutely need GP pieces, which I do not at this time (finally).
CasperX22
PostsCOLON 6136
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by CasperX22 »

kyuss wroteCOLON

You at least seem a little butt hurt or there wouldn't have been much of a need to bring up Smith while Chicago was fapping over Fabbri. Also, maybe you should quit being disingenuous about shopping him to teams with cap. Maybe if you had shopped him to teams that both had cap and were looking to buy, then you may not have had to give him away. Not that anybody is going to shed a tear for your loss considering you still have like 50 1st round picks.
BUTTON_POST_REPLY

Return to